Fcp - Pokerstars Challenge #3

FCP is going to barrage the Sunday Hundred Grand on Sunday December 2nd & Sunday Decmeber 9th! The Sunday Hundred Grand is a $10+$1 NL Holdem tournament with a $100K minimum prize pool held every Sunday at 3:30 PM ET.For every 5 registered FCPers who play in the Sunday December 2nd tournament PokerStars will add 1 seat to an FCP exclusive satellite to the December 9th Sunday Hundred Grand.The satellite to the December 9th Sunday Hundred Grand is a $2.00 +$0.20 entry fee and will be held Saturday, December 8th at 3:30 PM ET. The satellite will be in the private tournament area of the pokerstars game client. It will be password protected and the password will be released in the FCP Forum a couple of hours prior to the event.If you're playing these tournaments, check the FCP Forum for a chance to win some additional prizes.To be eligible for Challenge #3 & Challenge #4, you must have registered by 11:59 PM on Friday Nov 30th.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/pokerstars-challenge.php

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for every 5 players from FCP this sunday, that many free seats will be given away next Sunday?
Let's assume that 70 FCPers play in the Sunday Hundred Grand on Dec 2nd. That means that Poker Stars will add 14 seats to the $2+.20 satellite on Sat Dec 8th in addition to the seats from the money added to the satellite by the entries.
Yeah, i'm confused as well. So only fcp'ers can play a $2 satellite into a $10 buy-in tourney? What does the number of players this week have to do with that?
Pokerstars is adding additional seats to our satellite based on the amount of people who play this sunday... so people like me who suck at poker get a chance to earn a seat.
Let's assume that 70 FCPers play in the Sunday Hundred Grand on Dec 2nd. That means that Poker Stars will add 14 seats to the $2+.20 satellite on Sat Dec 8th in addition to the seats from the money added to the satellite by the entries.
Thanks Bob, I get it now!
I haven't played in the Sunday Hundred Grand. How many entries are usually in this tourney? 100K guarunteed seems alot for a $10 buy-in tourney. Sorry, just asking.
A lot. Like 18,000+Edit: 18,704 last sunday

Not to jump on the bandwagon of "Only FCPers with high post counts should be able to join" but is there any way to make it so only FCPers who participated in one of the barrages get to play in the satellite? I don't normally play in the Sunday $100K, but I could be convinced to take my free $10 from the last promotion and gamble if I didn't think it was going to benefit some random guy who hit us up on Google a couple hours before the promotion.

So we have to plan on playing this week's hundred grand. Depending upon the number of 'properly registered' fcpers, then pokerstars will add a certain number of seats in a $2 satellite. This $2 satellite will be FCP only, with password registration. Let's say a hundred FCPers play the hundred grand. Only twenty of them will have registered correctly, which means that in this scenario, stars will add 4 seats to the satellite. The only prize for the satellite is T$11 seats into the sunday hundred grand the next week.EDIT: Also, anyone with the password can play in the $2 satellite on Saturday.Amiright?

So we have to plan on playing this week's hundred grand. Depending upon the number of 'properly registered' fcpers, then pokerstars will add a certain number of seats in a $2 satellite. This $2 satellite will be FCP only, with password registration. Let's say a hundred FCPers play the hundred grand. Only twenty of them will have registered correctly, which means that in this scenario, stars will add 4 seats to the satellite. The only prize for the satellite is T$11 seats into the sunday hundred grand the next week.EDIT: Also, anyone with the password can play in the $2 satellite on Saturday.Amiright?
It seems right to me, but I have no clue how many that registered for the thing correctly will actually play the SHG or how many extra $10+1 spots they'll add.
Dec 2nd - FCP'ers barrage Sunday Hundred Grand. - for every 5 people that enter this tournament, pokerstars will add 1 seat to the $2.20 satellite into the Dec 9th Sunday Hundred Grand. not hard folks..
i think the main question was is just anybody who gets the password going to be able to enter the satellite? is it going to be for FCP registered members only? How are they really going to know who's who when it comes to the satellite other than they will know the password which will no doubt be available by google search? How is it going to be secured?

Here's how I look at this promotion.A lot of members have had a lot of fun in the forum in the past with the Sunday Hundred Grand tournament by drafting teams and backing each other etc. This is just a fun way to add a little something extra to an event that a lot of FCPers are taking part in. It isn't a promotion that will appeal to everybody but hopefully we can have some fun in the forum during all three tournaments. I'll be giving away more of Matt's hats for example and to win them you'll have to be in the forum and in the tournaments when they're running.The more people who play in the first tournament next Sunday the more money Poker Stars will be adding to the FCP only $2.20 satellite. For every 5 entries in the Hundred Grand next Sunday Poker Stars will add $11 to the satellite prize pool or one seat, they are the same thing.Yes, some people who you may not consider true FCPers will find out the password for the satellite but since it still takes real money to enter those numbers will be pretty small. Also, all those people who registered for the freerolls and free $10 will count towards our totals for getting the added seats if they play next Sunday. To restrict the entries for the satellite in any way other than password just isn't going to happen as it would require an amount of work for Poker Stars that they aren't going to do for a small promotion.Also, I want to urge all real money players at FCP to register as everybody who plays any real money at all other than Platinum Stars and above will benefit from the 4th and final challenge that we'll be releasing next week.

Also, I want to urge all real money players at FCP to register as everybody who plays any real money at all other than Platinum Stars and above will benefit from the 4th and final challenge that we'll be releasing next week.
Ooh, sweet. Speculation time? :club: