Avs confirmed better than the Wings.
Agreed

#502 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

4-0 after getting the Bruins to suck an egg bitches!

I didn't it was possible for the Avs to have a winning record after 4 games.

#503 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,837 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostGWCGWC, on 11 October 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

4-0 after getting the Bruins to suck an egg bitches!

I didn't it was possible for the Avs to have a winning record after 4 games.

They have a really bright future. I think long term the best group of young forwards in the leauge
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#504 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

I guess it's kind of a good thing that the AVS got to tank in a condensed season to get the #1 draft pick so I didn't have to watch a full season of terrible product. I don't understand how you get a team of hockey players to tank. These guys lose jobs over a bad season. Maybe it just kind of happens in some unspoken manner where everyone becomes selfish trying to get stats and stops playing the game which is a sure fire recipe for loses. I slogged through every game last season and it was painfully obvious the AVS were tanking. It's weird to watch a game and know your favorite team isn't going to win but you still kind of root for them but are really just kind of watching the other teams.

This year is a whole different story and it's been super fun to watch. I can't seem to help but go into every game expecting to see the same team from last year but this roster is playing hard and fast every single night.

The win vs the Pens last Monday was just incredible. AVS killed 4pp in the first period alone.

Check this out:

Posted Image

How did the AVS hold the Pens to a shutout?

Giguere blocked 34 shots which sounds amazing and I guess it really is. He obviously had a ton of help from the defense but mainly it was the lack of playable rebounds. Giguere likes to slide too far on his pads and will be out of position for rebounds on almost every shot on goal. He reads the play so well that he's just in the right spot for the shot and can usually swallow the puck or deflect it to open ice. It can be really nerve-racking to watch.

Landiskog's 2nd period goal was sweet but he got a nice stick deflection and it went in. It was lucky.....but he was on a mini break and took a shot on net which went in so it's kind of lucky but he was in the position to take that shot so it's not really luck. gosh hockey rules so freaking hard.

Anyway, a 1-0 victory over the Penguins(suck that egg!) takes the AVS to 8-1-0 which is an insane start and simply unbelievable.

#505 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,078 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

The Pens dominated that game beyond belief.

JS Giguere, and to a small extent the shot blockers, were the only reasons the Avs won.

Crosby and Malkin had more shots on goal than the entire Avs team.

Win is a win, though, and it was a fun game to watch.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#506 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,635 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Adam Foote's number is keeping some pretty good company in the Colorado rafters.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#507 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,567 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 11 October 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

They have a really bright future. I think long term the best group of young forwards in the leauge

I think you might like there defense and GTD a bit more. Just saying
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#508 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,837 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostUntilted, on 03 November 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

I think you might like there defense and GTD a bit more. Just saying

They keep sitting their best d-man in the press box so I don't know
Bob

#509 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

Who pulls their goalie down 1 with 3 min to go in a playoff game?

Who is greatest goalie AND coach to ever live?

Patrick Roy!

People would argue he's not the best goalie of all time but I stick my fingers in my ears and LaLaLaLa until their mouth stops moving and retort with something along the lines of nuh-uh or you're wrong.

It's his first year coaching at the NHL level and it turns out that he's pretty good. The Avs had one 3 game losing streak and I believe only lost back to back twice the entire regular season. Coach Roy should get all the credit for this achievement. He keeps the players focused on the next game, has them prepared, makes some seemingly weird line adjustments, will make negative public statements about his or other teams players, tries to knock down the glass stanchion between teams benches after the first reg season game because Boudreau is a f'n f-face, and he likes to pull the goalie earlier than anyone in the league ever has in the past. Five min left down 2 and not getting any decent chances in the 3rd period? Pull the goalie! It works, it doesn't work...I don't know except no other first year coach would have the balls to try it. Pulling the goalie earlier than standard allowed the AVS to have a chance to win last nights game so I absolutely love it.

My god, I forget how different playoff hockey is to regular season games. It's WAY more intense.

#510 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,635 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'm cheering for Minnesota. Roy is much more entertaining when he's pissed.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#511 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Oddly rooting for Avs because I dislike them less than Minny. Roy is still poop though.

#512 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,635 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Here's a great memory, Steve:

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=YXm0HVq_7-I

#513 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

Lol. Yeah most of his embarrassing moments came against the Wings. I remember being do nervous about that one game 7 and that game was over in the first 10 minutes.

#514 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

LaLaLaLaLa

You're wrong about that being a great memory.

#515 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,829 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

I agree he is the best goalie of all time. Don't follow the Avs close enough to comment on his coaching ability

#516 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,078 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

All the fancy stats say to be far more aggressive in pulling your goalie, so he's got that going for him.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#517 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,635 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

@adater: Here's a good stats story on how pulling the goalie early has worked for Patrick Roy http://t.co/SfxnQT0IDP

#518 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,837 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

well they have Tyson Barrie so you know I'm a fan
Bob

#519 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,837 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:52 AM

pretty good when Matt Duchene is the second best skater on your team.

Holy Hell is MacKinnon fast.
Bob

#520 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

Is a team allowed to completely fall apart and not do one single thing right while their goalie stands on his head the entire game and win a series? I don't know how that poison keeps from leaking into the next game and beyond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users