I Quit Online Tourneys

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except wcoops ftops and maybe some sundays, thats it f online tourneys, cash games = the nuts.....just ranting here anyone can delete the post if they want
hang in there cabron. no te aguites. todos tenemos those kinda days...
yeah I saw all that, but wondering if that's enough to quit online poker.
not that, I'm really not that good at shove fests and thats what online tourneys are all about, its frustrating when you're 1st and 2nd in chips since the 3rd level, I had 50k or so and lost an 18k pot with AK vs AJ, then I end up going bust w/out any mistakes before the bubble and two dudes that never had more than 6k have 27k and the dude that checks behind with a str8 on the river gets the 55k stack like its not a problem. I spent the last 4 hrs concentrating on a tourney and then I make 0 where I could have just played cash and made a ton more, online tourneys are a grind more than cash games, and they're only fun when u win which is rare for me cuz I suck....so if I'm gonna be bored for 4 hrs I might as well play cash make some money and have the rest of the day free.
not that, I'm really not that good at shove fests and thats what online tourneys are all about, its frustrating when you're 1st and 2nd in chips since the 3rd level, I had 50k or so and lost an 18k pot with AK vs AJ, then I end up going bust w/out any mistakes before the bubble and two dudes that never had more than 6k have 27k and the dude that checks behind with a str8 on the river gets the 55k stack like its not a problem. I spent the last 4 hrs concentrating on a tourney and then I make 0 where I could have just played cash and made a ton more, online tourneys are a grind more than cash games, and they're only fun when u win which is rare for me cuz I suck....so if I'm gonna be bored for 4 hrs I might as well play cash make some money and have the rest of the day free.
did u get my message on myspace?

I'm not good at poker - but the WCOOP has made me really think about why people would want to grind out tourneys for a living. Watching people play for 9 hours to get past the bubble and make a few hundred dollars seems crazy to me. Of course there's the hope of a huge payday, but at the same time it seems like more of a grind than it's worth to me.I enjoy playing tourneys for fun, and play my little micro stakes buy in tourneys when I want to get a bunch of hands in without really paying attention or worry about the money, but I can't imagine trying to do it for a living.

KK/AA left him with 831 at the 300/600 level. He lost 20k a few hands before that.
drcossack 2 outed me on the river of a sng bubble once like 9 months ago. dont ask me why i remember that, other than i used to post on the Full Tilt forums before I realized how much of a joke they are.
I spent the last 4 hrs concentrating on a tourney and then I make 0 where I could have just played cash and made a ton more, online tourneys are a grind more than cash games,
Ya, I saw the light a while ago. Only playing the Sundays and majors while focusing on cash has made me much much happier and way more profitable.Even though I'm down an astronomical amount in cash games the past week I won't ever go back to grinding online mtts.
Ya, I saw the light a while ago. Only playing the Sundays and majors while focusing on cash has made me much much happier and way more profitable.Even though I'm down an astronomical amount in cash games the past week I won't ever go back to grinding online mtts.
That's what I've been doing.

I'll try to explain why I'm making this decision....it's not that they're for suckers or anything.....Most of my winning online tourney friends make a decent 15-20k a month, one of my friends has gone on like a 200k rush in the past month and a half or so, he also doesn't have any free time during the day AT ALL, to make this kind of money playing tourneys you can't just play a few tourneys a week you have to play MOST of them. Before, the reason I played tourneys online is because I had fun playing them, I had fun trying to get 1st and the rush of winning is huge, even a small tourney....Now, say I play 5/10 - 25/50 nl on a regular basis, my swings are pretty huge. So lately, playing the 100r for 30k or whatever just doesnt really motivate me at all, its not that 30k wouldnt be AWESOME for me because they are, its that I know my chance of winning is slim, I usually don't get "into" the tourney until the final 40 or so and even then I'm pretty bored because I know I'm still far from the 30k score, this makes my ROI suffer because I just gamble too much. In a cash game I always try to play well because its my money at risk, my winrate is bigger though and the time spent playing is way smaller. So even though I still prefer playing tourneys in general (live tourneys) over cash games, online tourneys now bore me just as much as online cash games lately, the only difference is that I can actually have whatever schedule I want, I can make more money, and I am not miserable all day when I bubble a FT. Its not that I found the light like hoosier said we've talked about this for hours on end and its obv cash games are better than tourneys, up until now though I had fun playing online tourneys and thats why I played them, so yea, now I'm bored and I hate the tiny skill factor involved deep when it actually counts so I'm done online other than the huge ones...