495 replies to this topic

#41 RhinestoneCowboy

RhinestoneCowboy

I'm Fu*king RodReynolds!!

• Members
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 3:06 PM, said:

Are you guys kidding me?I am certainly NOT here to fight DN's battles, but this is just silly. Sort of like claiming a sports team isn't as good as they might seem because they haven't faced any "real" opposition. Yes, DN is basing his evaluation on a limited number of hands......and years of championship level poker experience!!!What is your evaluation based on?Yeesh.
No, its more like saying a football team is the greatest ever because they are up on a another top team 7-0 in the first 4 minutes of the game.
QUOTE(Shimmering Wang @ Monday, January 1st, 2007, 1:49 PM) View Post
"I are trill cat. This is trill thread. Wamp Wamp."
Wang

QUOTE(astros11ss @ Monday, September 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post
i fucking got 4th in the tilt mulligan and 2nd in the bodog 100k... life fucking tilt

QUOTE(Bizzle @ Thursday, March 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM) View Post
Shaving your legs feels really good

#42 RhinestoneCowboy

RhinestoneCowboy

I'm Fu*king RodReynolds!!

• Members
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

View Postsocalpoker_j, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 3:06 PM, said:

Would you feel like you're even money or a slight favorite against a slate of top online players in 200/400 or 300/600 NLHE or 200/400 PLO?
Of course he would, that's who he is. I don't know if he would say there is anyone better than him, because he plays WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER POKER!!!!!
QUOTE(Shimmering Wang @ Monday, January 1st, 2007, 1:49 PM) View Post
"I are trill cat. This is trill thread. Wamp Wamp."
Wang

QUOTE(astros11ss @ Monday, September 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post
i fucking got 4th in the tilt mulligan and 2nd in the bodog 100k... life fucking tilt

QUOTE(Bizzle @ Thursday, March 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM) View Post
Shaving your legs feels really good

#43 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

edit - ewwwww dnalol...you no like?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#44 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:10 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:06 PM, said:

Are you guys kidding me?I am certainly NOT here to fight DN's battles, but this is just silly. Sort of like claiming a sports team isn't as good as they might seem because they haven't faced any "real" opposition.
This is a terrible, terrible analogy. Quit analogies now.

Yes, DN is basing his evaluation on a limited number of hands...
And making an assumption after a very limited number of hands is silly.

...and years of championship level poker experience!!!
Huh? You mean like, tournament championships? WTF are you talking about?

What is your evaluation based on?Yeesh.
Knowing what DN's said about his own game before. Knowing ADZ is a very, very good player and a big winner. Knowing that the sample size is very limited. You know, facts. Just stop. I'm not attacking DN and I haven't to this point, attacked him. I said, "(He's) probably -EV against him long term." I stand by that. It's not a personal attack. Quit the nuthugging. It's embarassing.
I'm also fed up with the common cold but I just hate to say goodbye.

#45 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:10 PM, said:

This is a terrible, terrible analogy. Quit analogies now.And making an assumption after a very limited number of hands is silly. Huh? You mean like, tournament championships? WTF are you talking about?Knowing what DN's said about his own game before. Knowing ADZ is a very, very good player and a big winner. Knowing that the sample size is very limited. You know, facts. Just stop. I'm not attacking DN and I haven't to this point, attacked him. I said, "(He's) probably -EV against him long term." I stand by that. It's not a personal attack. Quit the nuthugging. It's embarassing.
You're an idiot.Not for your opinions about DN's ability - that's all just opinion & no better/worse than mine or anyone else's....but your other comments...You're simply an idiot....or perhaps an ass hole......are they mutually exclusive?Some of you guys embarrass yourselves when you come Trolling out of Off Topic.

#46 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:16 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:13 PM, said:

I have nothing.
I win!

#47 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

Posted Image
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#48 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM, said:

I win!
You showed me. but what do I know? I'm just a "nuthugger". Can't compete with gems like that.

#49 Dory

Dory

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

#50 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM, said:

You showed me.
Obv.

#51 20TN40

20TN40

Self Appointed Princess

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Can anyone with a tiny bit of civility explain to my why that every time DN posts something, people need to get in the middle of the discussion and berate each other like a pack of starving wolves? Just one time, can't ya'll take the backbacking male pissing hormones to another place and let us read in peace?

#52 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:21 PM

View Post20TN40, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM, said:

Can anyone with a tiny bit of civility explain to my why that every time DN posts something, people need to get in the middle of the discussion and berate each other like a pack of starving wolves? Just one time, can't ya'll take the backbacking male pissing hormones to another place and let us read in peace?
I agree. DN and I were having a very civil conversation until the vultures came in.

#53 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

View PostRhinestoneCowboy, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM, said:

No, its more like saying a football team is the greatest ever because they are up on a another top team 7-0 in the first 4 minutes of the game.
Stop.This hurts.Painful memories.(Pot Odds RAC - BA from University of Michigan)

#54 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:27 PM

View Post20TN40, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM, said:

I must be losing my sensibilities - I didn't feel that I was being the least bit offensive until someone insulted me and called me a nuthugger because I happened to disagree with him. These guys just go on the personal offensive whenever someone has the gall to disagree with them. Sincerely sorry if I offended you in the process.

#55 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM, said:

I must be losing my sensibilities - I didn't feel that I was being the least bit offensive until someone insulted me and called me a nuthugger because I happened to disagree with him.
I called you a nuthugger because at no time did you try and defend your statement with facts, just that DN plays "world championship poker".

#56 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

View Post20TN40, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 4:19 PM, said:

Who let you out of the cage?Posted Image

#57 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,827 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

Okay, here's how I see it.ADZ has shown himself to be a big winning online NL player. He's also very young with a massive ego based on some of the things he's done online and things that I've heard from somebody who played with him at Tourning Stone where he won (chopped) the main event. A massive ego doesn't have to be a bad thing for a heads up poker player.Daniel hasn't faired that well in the past online. Mainly in my opinion to a lack of focus when playing. Remember that I've railed him an awful lot when's he's played.There is no question that Daniel is a better short handed and heads up player then he is a full table player. If Daniel focuses and plays one table at a time heads up or short handed he can compete with the "internet pros". People forget how early in Daniel's tournament career he had something like 10 tournament wins before he got his first second place finish. The reason for that is he plays heads up very well. Also, limit holdem is probably Daniel's worst game if you want to bring up the losses to Antonius in the past.Where Daniel might get in trouble is trying to multi-table games or playing in fuller table games, especially limit hold em.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#58 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

View PostFCP Info, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:33 PM, said:

Okay, here's how I see it.ADZ has shown himself to be a big winning online NL player. He's also very young with a massive ego based on some of the things he's done online and things that I've heard from somebody who played with him at Tourning Stone where he won (chopped) the main event. A massive ego doesn't have to be a bad thing for a heads up poker player.Daniel hasn't faired that well in past online. Mainly in my opinion to a lack of focus when playing. Remember that I've railed him an awful lot when's he's played.There is no question that Daniel is a better short handed and heads up player then he is a full table player. If Daniel focuses and plays one table at a time heads up or short handed he can compete with the "internet pros". People forget how early in Daniel's tournament career he had something like 10 tournament wins before he got his first second place finish. The reason for that is he plays heads up very well. Also, limit holdem is probably Daniel's worst game if you want to bring up the losses to Antonius in the past.Where Daniel might get in trouble is trying to multi-table games or playing in fuller table games, especially limit hold em.
Nuthugger.

#59 No_Neck

No_Neck

this is how i roll

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

I thought short handed limit holdem was one of his best games... shows what I know.

#60 Canuckickstan

Canuckickstan

Hugh Jorgen

• Members
  • 5,168 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and riding my Bike
  • Favorite Poker Game:Skipaments !!

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 2:34 PM, said:

Nuthugger.
I'm too slow..Posted Image
RonnieMexico23 (10:37:47 PM): call me fat agian