495 replies to this topic

#21 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

lol...does LuckyTC have a hard on to defeat Daniel in PLO? Seems to be running it in there with the worst, although I am surprised no str8 turned up on either of those hands.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#22 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 10:40 AM, said:

Not saying this to be mean at all, but are you serious???
Yes.You're probably -EV against him long term.
I'm also fed up with the common cold but I just hate to say goodbye.

#23 No_Neck

No_Neck

this is how i roll

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

View PostMercury69, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 3:35 PM, said:

lol...does LuckyTC have a hard on to defeat Daniel in PLO? Seems to be running it in there with the worst, although I am surprised no str8 turned up on either of those hands.
I finally got the rigged joked from your avatar/under avatar info... very good stuff.

#24 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

View PostNo_Neck, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 3:47 PM, said:

I finally got the rigged joked from your avatar/under avatar info... very good stuff.
AMG! Thanks lol
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#25 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

Absolutely no chance. If this guy is supposed to be better than me than I must be the biggest idiot in the world. I can't imagine how it's even remotely possible that I could lose to him long term unless he completely changed his tactics. Either y'all truly underestimate me in a big way or or overestimate the skill level of the online player.
Posted Image

#26 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 3:53 PM, said:

Absolutely no chance. If this guy is supposed to be better than me than I must be the biggest idiot in the world. I can't imagine how it's even remotely possible that I could lose to him long term unless he completely changed his tactics. Either y'all truly underestimate me in a big way or or overestimate the skill level of the online player.
Without more info, I can only say this: Never underestimate your opponent. Oh, and I'd never join a club that would allow me as a member.

#27 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 11:40 AM, said:

Based on what?Is this a not so obvious jopke?

#28 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM, said:

He's one of the biggest winners in 100/200 NL+; he didn't get that way by playing passively. What you saw was certainly not his best game, and more than likely, he was trying to feel you out, as there's not a ton of information on you from the upper limits online.If I'm not mistaken, you said yourself that you weren't as good online as live, or some such, so it's not as if I was just trying to get you riled up or mock you. He's very good, you've said you weren't as effective online. /shrug

#29 socalpoker_j

socalpoker_j

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:01 PM

View PostWandigo, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM, said:

Anyone know who ADZ is? I've played with him a few times before and he was next to me in one of the PStars majors yesterday.. Anyone I should care about or no?
He's always challenging Phil Galfond to HU matches, but never plays. http://www.cardrunne....cfm?forumid=38Daniel,You should try and play MrSweets28 HU on Stars.

#30 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:00 PM, said:

Based on what?Is this a not so obvious jopke?
It wasn't a joke at all.

#31 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM, said:

i think a far better pairing would be aba or lars for NLHE. what did you think of your PLO opponents?
~certified bumhunter~

#32 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

View PostMercury69, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 11:58 AM, said:

Without more info, I can only say this: Never underestimate your opponent. Oh, and I'd never join a club that would allow me as a member.
dude. He isn't underestimating, he is evaluating based on direct experience. We're all doing the under/over estimating.There is actually a difference between practice and theory.

#33 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

dude. He isn't underestimating, he is evaluating based on direct experience.
Of what? 200 hands?

#34 RhinestoneCowboy

RhinestoneCowboy

I'm Fu*king RodReynolds!!

• Members
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 3:01 PM, said:

dude. He isn't underestimating, he is evaluating based on direct experience. We're all doing the under/over estimating.There is actually a difference between practice and theory.
Practice of MAYBE a couple hundred hands? Most of which probobly went post, post, raise, fold...
QUOTE(Shimmering Wang @ Monday, January 1st, 2007, 1:49 PM) View Post
"I are trill cat. This is trill thread. Wamp Wamp."
Wang

QUOTE(astros11ss @ Monday, September 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post
i fucking got 4th in the tilt mulligan and 2nd in the bodog 100k... life fucking tilt

QUOTE(Bizzle @ Thursday, March 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM) View Post
Shaving your legs feels really good

#35 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:00 PM, said:

He's one of the biggest winners in 100/200 NL+; he didn't get that way by playing passively. What you saw was certainly not his best game, and more than likely, he was trying to feel you out, as there's not a ton of information on you from the upper limits online.If I'm not mistaken, you said yourself that you weren't as good online as live, or some such, so it's not as if I was just trying to get you riled up or mock you. He's very good, you've said you weren't as effective online. /shrug
...and now he's said that he doesn't feel that way about this opponent.

#36 wsox8

wsox8

trying to break even at LIFE

• Members
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 2:53 PM, said:

Are you going to play again soon?

#37 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:03 PM, said:

...and now he's said that he doesn't feel that way about this opponent.
You're right--someone who's admitted their best game isn't high stakes NLHE online, probably is dramatically better than one of the top winners on all of the sites. The reality--and what's usually the case in these types of situations--is that if DN does have an advantage, it's not nearly as big as he thinks it is, assuming it exists at all.

#38 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 4:01 PM, said:

lawl...true, I guess. I was just thinking that one shouldn't sit down at a poker table and assume an outcome, regardless of whether it's based on experience or not. Too many variables...

#39 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:02 PM, said:

Of what? 200 hands?

View PostRhinestoneCowboy, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:02 PM, said:

Practice of MAYBE a couple hundred hands? Most of which probobly went post, post, raise, fold...
Are you guys kidding me?I am certainly NOT here to fight DN's battles, but this is just silly. Sort of like claiming a sports team isn't as good as they might seem because they haven't faced any "real" opposition. Yes, DN is basing his evaluation on a limited number of hands......and years of championship level poker experience!!!The best evaluation is based on reality and expetrise, even limited reality, not theory and speculation.What is your evaluation based on?Yeesh.

#40 socalpoker_j

socalpoker_j

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, September 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM, said:

Would you feel like you're even money or a slight favorite against a slate of top online players in 200/400 or 300/600 NLHE or 200/400 PLO?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users