July Goals

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Poll: July Goals (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Profit

1. 0-500 (22 votes [34.92%])

Percentage of vote: 34.92%

2. 500-1k (13 votes [20.63%])

Percentage of vote: 20.63%

3. 1k-3k (7 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. 3k-5k (7 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. 5k-10k (8 votes [12.70%])

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

6. 10k+ (6 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 No_Neck

No_Neck

this is how i roll

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

View PostZach6668, on Monday, July 30th, 2007, 4:05 PM, said:

Is this a serious reply?
like am I making a table with hole card cams? yeah I am shooting for live at the bike webcast quality. We are going to have to do it without camera men though.

#262 mikeysong

mikeysong

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

View Postiggymcfly, on Monday, July 30th, 2007, 4:42 PM, said:

Probably, but my nights at the Bellagio expire at the end of August and even though they might comp me a room later anyway, I kinda want to use them while I'm still sure I can. I figure that if I just stick to 10/20 limit and 1/3 NL while I'm down there, keep the pit games to counting cards at the dime tables, and come home after 3 days, my chances of blowing the whole $1500 are pretty slim. If I lose on the trip, I'll just put the remainder online when I get home and if I win, I'll probably go use my Wynn comps too a couple weeks later since I've got $300 food and beverage a night there, and I love spoiling myself with nice dinners.
i'm sorry to be a harsh on this onebut didn't you lose most of your roll, if not more, @ vegas?you can't be serious about taking this trip? Haven't you learned anything iggy? You have a gambling problem. You've talked about getting over it but you haven't at all. It sounds like people here aren't willing to stake you anymore and now that this opportunity has come, you're going to spend it instead? Vegas will always be there. Who cares if you're throwing away your comps, take this opportunity and go back to 50k+ again.or go have fun and possibly, eh most likely, go broke again

#263 simo_8ball

simo_8ball

Multipass

• Members
  • 9,277 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO/NLHE

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

Zomg I just found out about a 1/2 (=$2/$4) NL game (uncapped buyin, but normal is 50 to 100) at my local. I played a quick 20 tourney tonight with 3 of the guys who are in that game. I seriously HAVE to play that game as often as possible.One guy didn't know why when he checked, it sometimes came back round to him and sometimes the next card was dealt. I had to explain that any outstanding bet had to be called before the next card came down. He still didn't really get it.Honestly, I don't even think it was possible for me to not win that tourney, and in the cash game there will be even more dead money.I'm drooling.

#264 iggymcfly

iggymcfly

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:Poker, football, sitting on my ass

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:20 AM

Well, I actually do have $700 online right now. I had $300 this morning, ran it down to $90 playing 0.25/0.50 PLO, then won $150 back in the PLO and won a small-field $33 HORSE tourney for $500. So I'm not being very stable yet, but I do have a little bit of a roll I'm trying to build up and I wouldn't be taking every penny down to Vegas or anything. Really though, if I don't do anything stupid like play European Roulette or start firing out ridiculous blackjack bets, there's no reason I should lose money down in Vegas. I'm actually up a couple thousand down there on poker over my three trips. If I get stupid again down there and lose what I bring down in a degenerate fashion, then I won't go down there again, but really I don't think the amount of self-control it takes to stick to poker and nice meals for three days is beyond my ability to summon.
Lady luck's my fuck-buddy.

#265 mikeysong

mikeysong

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:56 AM

View Postiggymcfly, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 1:20 AM, said:

Well, I actually do have $700 online right now. I had $300 this morning, ran it down to $90 playing 0.25/0.50 PLO, then won $150 back in the PLO and won a small-field $33 HORSE tourney for $500. So I'm not being very stable yet, but I do have a little bit of a roll I'm trying to build up and I wouldn't be taking every penny down to Vegas or anything. Really though, if I don't do anything stupid like play European Roulette or start firing out ridiculous blackjack bets, there's no reason I should lose money down in Vegas. I'm actually up a couple thousand down there on poker over my three trips. If I get stupid again down there and lose what I bring down in a degenerate fashion, then I won't go down there again, but really I don't think the amount of self-control it takes to stick to poker and nice meals for three days is beyond my ability to summon.
tbh I think it is and I strongly advise against going.

#266 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:46 AM

Sunday's graph:Posted Image
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#267 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:01 AM

^^^ LOL @ Timi made the august goals thread cuz i didnt see anyone claim it yet.

#268 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

Haven't played much the last 2 days, decided to play a little so I jumped in the $50 mtt at 5:00. Second hand of the game I manage to get all in PF with AA, but it stood little chance against the almighty AKo. This is how I'm running :club:.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#269 rdtedm

rdtedm

2009?

• Members
  • 2,605 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 4:46 AM, said:

Sunday's graph:Posted Image
rofl.