Very Very Loose Preflopcall Based On Tells?

So it was Friday and our weekly Homegameround was in action. The game was NL $0.10/$0.20. Its early and we are only 5 players still waiting for the rest of the guys. Villain: is a TAG player. he plays basically ABC-Poker a la Harrington. I have some good reads on him, has about $25ish like me.So its folded to me on the Button holding Q :D 5 :diamond:Ok, its not a powerhouse but as the tight villain sat in the BB i tried to steal the blinds making it $0.60 (standard raise in our homegames and it worked quite often so far). SB folds but BB reraises to $1.80.OK, what am I doing here? Here is my thought process: First of all I thought I could easily outplay the villain after the flop, if he misses and only hold Overcards PLUS I had position. So I really called with my trash-hand.(Pot: $3.70) Flop comes: 2 :D 5 :club: 8 :club:So villain stares at the Flop and makes then in a very aggressive and quick manner $3 to go. Ok, I think for a bit about the situation: I know that he allways makes it about potsize with his continuation bets. So I start to chat with him. Dialog is sth like this.Me: Did you miss the flop or do you have a high pocket-pair?Villain: I have a queen, at least one. ( I see him smilimg in a not really genuine manner.)Me: Show me (Villain thinks about showing me one card, but then decided to doesnt show any)Villain: Later after the hand..So I got what I wanted. I had some reactions from him. here is my summary: 1) He stared at the flop, what is very likely a sign of a miss (Mike Caro)2) His smile really wasnt very honest (Mike Caro)3) He wabted to bet so strong and quick after the flop, that I thought he just wanted to bully me out of the pot with Overcards.So I really thought I had the best hand and I decided to raise the minimum (I know dont minraise... but there is a long story to be told about ous, which made the minraise a good decision, but the story is too long to explain it here)I made it $6 and he called surprisingly. I really didnt wanted to see that call, because he is aguy to lay down Overcards after a Reraise on the flop.So I actually was done with the hand.(Pot: 15.70)Turn: (2 :D 5 :D 8 :)) Q :heart:Upps!!! I made two-pair lolHe now pushes ALL-IN for about $18 or sth.I insta call and he flips over AQ. My two-apir hold ups and I won a nice pot.So I actually was right with my read that he had nothing on the flop but Overcards and I was really proud on that.BUT I dont write to get applause for this. I write to ask a simple question:Is it ok to call a raise preflop on the Button if you have faith in your read, even if you hold trash.By the way way read was not that accurate because I thought he would laydwon Overcards after a minraise, which he didnt, so after all I made abad play... but lets say for arguments sake I would have raised more and he would have folded his Overcards...

If, with your read, you can pin him on a direct hand then I'd say OK. However, turns out your read was off and you we're unsure if he had an overpair or overcards. You can find better spots with this player, there's really no need to raise Qxo. You happened to be dominated preflop. Just fold it preflop and wait for better spots.

So it was Friday and our weekly Homegameround was in action. The game was NL $0.10/$0.20. Its early and we are only 5 players still waiting for the rest of the guys. Villain: is a TAG player. he plays basically ABC-Poker a la Harrington. I have some good reads on him, has about $25ish like me.So its folded to me on the Button holding Q :D 5 :diamond:Ok, its not a powerhouse but as the tight villain sat in the BB i tried to steal the blinds making it $0.60 (standard raise in our homegames and it worked quite often so far). SB folds but BB reraises to $1.80.OK, what am I doing here? Here is my thought process: First of all I thought I could easily outplay the villain after the flop, if he misses and only hold Overcards PLUS I had position. So I really called with my trash-hand.(Pot: $3.70) Flop comes: 2 :D 5 :club: 8 :club:So villain stares at the Flop and makes then in a very aggressive and quick manner $3 to go. Ok, I think for a bit about the situation: I know that he allways makes it about potsize with his continuation bets. So I start to chat with him. Dialog is sth like this.Me: Did you miss the flop or do you have a high pocket-pair?Villain: I have a queen, at least one. ( I see him smilimg in a not really genuine manner.)Me: Show me (Villain thinks about showing me one card, but then decided to doesnt show any)Villain: Later after the hand..So I got what I wanted. I had some reactions from him. here is my summary: 1) He stared at the flop, what is very likely a sign of a miss (Mike Caro)2) His smile really wasnt very honest (Mike Caro)3) He wabted to bet so strong and quick after the flop, that I thought he just wanted to bully me out of the pot with Overcards.So I really thought I had the best hand and I decided to raise the minimum (I know dont minraise... but there is a long story to be told about ous, which made the minraise a good decision, but the story is too long to explain it here)I made it $6 and he called surprisingly. I really didnt wanted to see that call, because he is aguy to lay down Overcards after a Reraise on the flop.So I actually was done with the hand.(Pot: 15.70)Turn: (2 :D 5 :D 8 :)) Q :heart:Upps!!! I made two-pair lolHe now pushes ALL-IN for about $18 or sth.I insta call and he flips over AQ. My two-apir hold ups and I won a nice pot.So I actually was right with my read that he had nothing on the flop but Overcards and I was really proud on that.BUT I dont write to get applause for this. I write to ask a simple question:Is it ok to call a raise preflop on the Button if you have faith in your read, even if you hold trash.By the way way read was not that accurate because I thought he would laydwon Overcards after a minraise, which he didnt, so after all I made abad play... but lets say for arguments sake I would have raised more and he would have folded his Overcards...
Pretty sure you answered your own question.

If your opponent is vulnerable to being outplayed postflop when he misses, I'll take a flop in position with a random hand, especially if he's terrible. That being said, it sounds like this guy might not be the perfect villain to do this against. He 3-bets you preflop, fires a pot-sized continuation bet, and it's going to cost you alot to blast him off his hand. When he wakes up with a real hand, you're in a trouble spot. Plus, he moved in on the turn right in front, putting you in ANOTHER tough spot if that card is a T, J, K, or A. He's willing to play with you, get money in for later streets, and doesn't seem overly weak-tight.This is NOT a good guy to try and out-gamble. I still call the preflop reraise, though, for more reasons than I really care to get into.Wang

I'd love to hear the story about why the minraise was a good idea since, you know, he had nothing and still called.Also, check out the posting guidelines. Following them will really help you get better responses to your hands.

I'd love to hear the story about why the minraise was a good idea since, you know, he had nothing and still called.Also, check out the posting guidelines. Following them will really help you get better responses to your hands.
The story was:I figured him for nothing and said RAISE, then he said All-In as an direct response and I thought "UPPS" and said "Ok then I just meake the Min-Raise (to lose the minimum) but after my raise he said CALL. Everybody on the table said you have to go All-In because you announced it before. He then replied "No I said, if he raises I MIGHT go All-In" (which he definetly didnt say). But I was happy because I would have folded of course. So enybody on the table agreed, I mean we are just friends and nobody wanted to get in trouble early in this evening ANd the Villain was the host of the game. So everybody agreed that he could just call. i was happy because I thought I read the situation wrong and he probably was happy because he wanted to bluff with his Overcards but then decided to dont. So it really was a weird situation. Thats why I made the Min-Raise. But after all my read was right as it tourned out. But the question is can you call with trash, if you just know I probably can see if he misses after the flop...
:heart:Protege?
The story was:I figured him for nothing and said RAISE, then he said All-In as an direct response and I thought "UPPS" and said "Ok then I just meake the Min-Raise (to lose the minimum) but after my raise he said CALL. Everybody on the table said you have to go All-In because you announced it before. He then replied "No I said, if he raises I MIGHT go All-In" (which he definetly didnt say). But I was happy because I would have folded of course. So enybody on the table agreed, I mean we are just friends and nobody wanted to get in trouble early in this evening ANd the Villain was the host of the game. So everybody agreed that he could just call. i was happy because I thought I read the situation wrong and he probably was happy because he wanted to bluff with his Overcards but then decided to dont. So it really was a weird situation. Thats why I made the Min-Raise. But after all my read was right as it tourned out.
See, this would have been VERY useful info. You told him you had a weak hand on the flop.
But the question is can you call with trash, if you just know I probably can see if he misses after the flop...
Yes. Gavin Smith/Daniel Negreanu/Gus Hansen/etc. play this style.
I made it $6 and he called surprisingly. I really didnt wanted to see that call, because he is aguy to lay down Overcards after a Reraise on the flop.
I figured him for nothing and said RAISE, then he said All-In as an direct response and I thought "UPPS" and said "Ok then I just meake the Min-Raise (to lose the minimum) but after my raise he said CALL.
These two are very very different.
These two are very very different.
Absolutely. I wanted to discuss the hand until the action reached my word RAISE. Because that was it all about. The rest is uninteresting for my question. I just wanted to hear whether some of you guys somtimes just call with trash, to see whether they can see if someone misses the flopp and play accordingly. As it tourned out it was a very ridicolus hand and very confusing, thats why I made it short and said raise and call bla bla bla. So onca again its not about the turnplay or how much I raised on the flop... Its about the question:If you think, you can pretty be sure to see, if your opponenent misses the flop, can you then call with trash or is this minus -ev
If you think, you can pretty be sure to see, if your opponenent misses the flop, can you then call with trash or is this minus -ev
Against this player it doesn't seem that profitable. Think about it, man. He reraises from the small, makes a pot-sized (biggish) continuation bet, calls a raise with air, then blasts the turn.I wouldn't want my gameplan to be "steal pots from this guy to keep myself afloat."