Hockey Pool Drafting Season Is Upon Us

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in too many to count.ok, probably 9? and none of the free yahoo variety with 12 guys I dont know, 9 of which will quit by October 15..
I'm not in any of those either, and for exactly that reason. The only other pool I've participated in since the FCHL started up was a single-year pool in the Dobber tiered league. Just missed moving up (I think I finished 3rd), and if you don't move up in the rookie leagues you can't participate for a year. I could have reapplied this year but didn't.

Can I get some help from my fellow poolsters. Debating a trade in my high roller pool, and nervous about pulling the trigger. Instead of explaining the trade/pool, ill just give names:Souray- this is the one Im having trouble with. Will he be his usual 10goal, 30ass, 100pims guy? I have no idea. I dont think so, but Im not sure.Plekanec- I think he's gonna get 60-65pts. Any chance at 75?Staal - Predict 80. 90 a possibility?What do we think of Montoya, and chances to be #1?And last.....some guy names Devan Dubnyk. Is he number 1 right now? THANK YOU!

I think Dubnyk is tentatively the #1, but I expect a relative bounce back season from Khabi, so my guess is they end up splitting starts.I don't see any way Montaya becomes the #1. Doesn't Nabokov intend to play this season?Staal should be ppg, 90 would be his plateau.No idea about Pleks, and no idea about Souray. He and Goligoski will probably be the 1st PP guys, though, unless he sucks now, which he probably does.

I'm pretty sure edmonton is planning to roll with khabi as the 'starter' to begin the season, but he'll be on a pretty short leash. It will probably end up being somewhere between a 60/40 and a 50/50 split. But, who knows, training camp could change things.I'm not high on Montoya at all. I don't think he'll get a chance to be the starter, and if he does, I don't think he's good enough to stick as a starter.

I'm pretty sure edmonton is planning to roll with khabi as the 'starter' to begin the season, but he'll be on a pretty short leash. It will probably end up being somewhere between a 60/40 and a 50/50 split. But, who knows, training camp could change things.
Are you consider an authority on knowing if this will happen.Okay you are.

Thanks guys.Sorry Dave, had to ask. I honestly thought/hoped it would be 60/40 DD already, and that almost made him worth keeping in my pool, if for no other reason than him becoming a possible #1 in 12-13. I only have til Sunday night to decide, so it looks like Im gonna let him go.Montoya I have to decide tonight. A few publications seem to think he'll be #1, dont think I agree.Id like to trade him if at all possible, hopefully find a taker.

Can I get some help from my fellow poolsters. Debating a trade in my high roller pool, and nervous about pulling the trigger. Instead of explaining the trade/pool, ill just give names:Souray- this is the one Im having trouble with. Will he be his usual 10goal, 30ass, 100pims guy? I have no idea. I dont think so, but Im not sure.Plekanec- I think he's gonna get 60-65pts. Any chance at 75?Staal - Predict 80. 90 a possibility?What do we think of Montoya, and chances to be #1?And last.....some guy names Devan Dubnyk. Is he number 1 right now? THANK YOU!
Souray is a complete unknown, but I think he will be given every opportunity in Dallas.I would put Plekanec's perfect storm at 75 points given Montreal's system and how they spread the offense.Staal...80 is definitely a possibility...90 is probably his perfect storm.I think Edmonton is looking at probably going with Kabi/Dubey 60/40 but I can easily see Dubey taking over the 60% role. Dave may have more info on this one ;)I'm not in jail :club:
Souray is a complete unknown, but I think he will be given every opportunity in Dallas.I would put Plekanec's perfect storm at 75 points given Montreal's system and how they spread the offense.Staal...80 is definitely a possibility...90 is probably his perfect storm.I think Edmonton is looking at probably going with Kabi/Dubey 60/40 but I can easily see Dubey taking over the 60% role. Dave may have more info on this one ;)I'm not in jail :club:
Yeah I might have to go back on my earlier comments. I know Dev was told in the offseason that they were going into the season with Khabi as the starter, but that he would only have a 10 game window to perform well, or they'd switch things up. I haven't actually talked to Dev since training camp started (bad brother, I know), now most things I am reading is that they might actually be leaning towards dev for the starting job. Who knows though, I'll chat with him after the game tonight or tomorrow and see what he thinks.

How do these conversations go?Dave - Hey Dev, what's up?Devan - Oh hey Dave, great to he...Dave - Listen, I have some internet friends who are in really deep hockey pools and they need to know the latest on the goaltending situation in Edmonton.Devan - ....

How do these conversations go?Dave - Hey Dev, what's up?Devan - Oh hey Dave, great to he...Dave - Listen, I have some internet friends who are in really deep hockey pools and they need to know the latest on the goaltending situation in Edmonton.Devan - ....
dont use these words. Makes it sound like he's only good enough to make DEEP pools. :club:

haha..So, hey Dev, any news on the goaltending situation? I'm debating between either you or Labarbara as my 4th goalie in this extreme pool I'm in. Kinda leaning towards Labarbara right now...(him and labarbara are like best friends)