Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is UTG with [?], [?]. Hero raises, MP3 calls, Button calls.Flop: (13.50 SB) [5s], [Jd], [Td] (3 players)Hero bets, MP3 calls, Button calls.Turn: (8.25 BB) [Jh] (3 players)Hero bets, Button folds, Hero calls.River: (12.25 BB) [Jc] (2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checks.Final Pot: 12.25 BBwhat do I have and what does MP3 have. A little info on MP3, I respect him a lot as we have faced off against each other at both the 1/2 tables and 2/4 tables. He's good and smart. I know he gives me respect and I do the same. He's a 2+2er. wrto, if you've seen his post in the smallstakes section of 2+2 don't give away anything. His tag over there is CallMeIshmael. So peeps what do I have and what does he have, this is a level three thinking hand that happened, enjoy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have AA he has QQ
Well... I certainly dont think this would ever be the truth.. If he checked the AA at all on this hand... He should be shot.You respect the player, so is he a TA? I'll take a shot in the dark at this one...Your capping pre-flop would have had to be one of 3-4 hands...AAKKQQAK With no other hands do I think you'd cap his re-raise. His re-raise confuses me, Did he raise to isolate? To pin you on a hand?The part that confuses me is when he slows down on the river. Your overpair is worrying you now, with the 2 J's out there.The third J out there slows him down, You seem to be in check/call mode on 4th, while he was still raising. Once the 3rd J hits he simply checks on the end.My guess is that you have KK or QQ, and for the fun factor, I'll guess QQ.I am going to guess he has 10-10, I just think that's the only hand He'd slow down bigtime with the third J coming. There is the possibility you both have overpairs... but I just think this is a more interesting hand if it went the way I dream it did :DAnyways lemme know how I did!

I'll give the results either late tonight or tommorrow. I want to see what people think and say and don't cheat, wrto, by going over to 2+2, or anyone for that matter as this hand got a bunch of responses. His post about this was rather funny as he said "Irespect him even though he has the name 'dawg' in his name" lol. names can be decieving :wink:

I think it's the other way around.Doubt it. It's a boring hand if the op has AKs, it shows how clever he is if he has 99.
you give me wayyyy tooo much credit on trying to be cute when I'm in a hand
I'll give the results either late tonight or tommorrow. I want to see what people think and say and don't cheat, wrto, by going over to 2+2, or anyone for that matter as this hand got a bunch of responses. His post about this was rather funny as he said "Irespect him even though he has the name 'dawg' in his name" lol. names can be decieving :wink:
Why, that idea never came to mind.
Why, that idea never came to mind.
right :-) :D

ok to start, both of you more than likely have big pairs or big slick. 3-betting and capping the flop with anything else against someone you admittedly respect doesn't make sense. Now which one of you has which, or do both of you have one? If he had an overpair I'd think he would've three-bet the flop, unless he had say QQ and put you on Kings or Aces. With him holding a big pair I don't think he'd put you on a bigger one, or it wouldn't be smart to go on with the hand. take it to the flop and try to hit a set maybe, but after the flop drop it. So I don;t think he has a big pair. With the raise on the turn he's representing a J or a slowplayed 10-10. But then the check on the river counterfeits that. Maybe just trying to scare you off, and see if he's drawing dead to a boat. Might cost him an extra bet but better than getting check-raised or 3-bet on the river if he pairs. I'm going with AK. Probably suited diamonds, but not necessarily. It would make much more sense that you have a big pair, betting all the way, then go into check-call mode after the turn raise. the check on the river isn't necessarily losing a value bet, as he will only fold if you have him beat and he will only call if he has you beat. Instead check and let him try and bluff, maybe pick up an extra bet. You don't seem worried about a bigger pair, but I wouldn't be either with QQ or KK. maybe...maybe with QQ and a capped pre-flop, but not often. So i'm goin with KK...i have a few more random thoughts on this but my enter button doesn't work and these long paragraphs get annoying.

im guessing he has TT and u have either AA KK or QQ
I was thinkin the other guy might've had TT here too. I think in my last post I said it wouldn't make sense to check the river w/ 10-10, but it actually would, as the OP might've filled up on the river w/ overpair. However, yeah 10-10 is a pretty big hand, but I don't see reraising a UTG opener w/ this hand as being the smartest of moves. It's big pre-flop but after that, unless you trip it gets ugly. I wouldn't have slow played after this flop either if i hit a set, with a flush and straight draw possible. PLus if he has an overpair, he will pay you off and you can make it more expensive for him to draw to the 2 outer. But despite all this, 10-10 still sounds pretty good to me.

I am probably going to be wrong.I think he has AK.Someone mentioned earlier that if he has AK it is probably suited in diamonds, but I don't think that is true. He has the odds to raise the turn with A :D K :) . I think if they are suited, it is probably in spades, but it is probably just a random offsuit AK.If he has AK here, he probably puts you on an overpair when he bets out on the flop so he just calls. The next jack falls on the turn, and I think he decides to make a move on you. He knows that you know him and respect him, and he figures you might lay down to a raise, and certainly won't three-bet him on the turn unless you have 10-10 or J-J. I think he raises on the turn for a couple reasons.1) Because he still does have outs and you MIGHT fold (semi-bluff) I don't know how he thinks he can move K off this hand here though, giving him 11-1 on his call of the raise.2) To see a free river card. 3) To push off the button. (Most likely)If he does have AK, I don't think I like this raise on the turn, but I guess that is a different discussion because we don't know yet.So my guess for the villian is AKo or AK :D . Suit doesn't matter here because I am pretty sure its not AK :D . KDawgs hand is harder.I like the guesses with 9-9, but I don't think he caps with it, unless he is trying to get cute with it against a player that is going to put him on a bigger pair here.But I think KDawg has A :) K :) or QQ.I went back and forth with 9-9, but I think there might be a river bet in line if that's the case, because KDawg knows AK has to call the river if he has 9-9. I think KDawg bets any of the pairs people have mentioned here on the river.The reason I put him on AK :club: here is because he calls the turn raise. If he is holding AKo, he is getting 11.25-1 on his call and he is 12-1 to hit his queen. With odds that close, he might call the turn raise, but it would be a loose call.His Royal Flush draw (If he has AK of diamonds) is giving him 11.25-1 to call his draw that hits 25% of the time. I think KDawg just calls here instead of raising with his Royal draws because of the possibility of J-J or the river bringing his villian a full house.QQ works too, but like I said earlier, a three-bet might be in line on the turn here with Q-Q, because it is an overpair, and because he thinks the table respect he gets from his villian might be enough to move him off the hand with a 3-bet.I think you don't bet the river for value because of the turn-raise. (In response to Smash's comment)My final answer isAKvsAK

I think like it should be rephrased"I don't think Absolute would post something that long without knowing the answer, so I guess it was AK vs AK"Speak for yerself.Anyway, KDawg hasn't posted the results yet and I haven't spoken to him since before he posted this yesterday and I just woke up so how could I know the answer.You sir, are ricidulous.

Oh and while I am at it....it was your comment that made me start to think it was a split...

You both have AK then 99% of the time or you missed the easiest river value bet ever.
But I don't see how you think he should bet that river if he did have AK after being raised on the turn.Silly