Does anyone believe in karma? personally I do not but I have not had a month better than break even since January and it's taken all my January profit to stay afloat during the past four months even taking a month off in the middle, I'm by no means a pro and I don't even play THAT much (I am a final year student with about a month left) But every time I throw $50 onto whatever site, I play a few $5 SnGs, a bit of $5 HU and I play some 2c/5c PLO I play a couple of $5-$10 MTTs and every time I bust very fast and manage to blow my $50 in a day or two. Don't get me wrong, I know all about BR management and I do play higher than I should but I'm ot too fussed about a $50 here and there. What's genuinely frustrating me at the moment is my inability to win anything. I always want to win, I am happy if I win a $3.50 SnG with a BR of a $3000+! which used to be the case! (I didn't go broke, I jsut bougth stuff :D ) Recently however I have had all my chips in as massive favourites, even dominating people with the same pair and no draw! For example, and this is a totally standard run for me: today I threw $66 on stars:I played 3x $6.50 turbos and busted 8th (my fault) 4th (had it all in with A6 against K6 on a 246Q board, river K) and 5th (no rel cards all gme and pushed A9s into 55, no big deal although it would be nice to win a flip.)I played 6 $5.50 HU sngs, I won 2, lost one, won one then lost 2. Each one I lost was because I outplayed the other guy so severley they resorted to the old 'I can't beat u after the flop so I will push all in preflop) and everntually they got the better of me! I also played an hour of 5c/10c NLHE, built until i had about $18 in front of me, reraised a LP raiser in the SB with AQo, flop came KJT, I check, he bets, I min raise, he calls, turn brings a 9, I check, he bets, I min raise, he calls, river brings a 9, I bet out, he goes all in just covering me with about $9 left behind, I call reluctantly, he has 9T. I know I could push it harder but it's just so typical at the moment to get horrifically sucked out on. I don't mind getting outplayed cos at the end of the day I learn something, if I make a bad play at the wrong time I can live with that as well but it's so frustrating to bust on every bubble, lose every flip, lost every 60/40 and lose to every draw when I correctly price them out every time. And there we go again, $66 down the drain once more! I play live and this happens far less regularly but that's neither here nor there. :club: Anyhow my point is basically; could someone who believes in karma sort me out please? LolAnyhow, rant over, and please feel free to move to the BBF which I of course know IDTSCheers for readingRob

Does anyone believe in karma? personally I do not but I have not had a month better than break even since January and it's taken all my January profit to stay afloat during the past four months even taking a month off in the middle, I'm by no means a pro and I don't even play THAT much (I am a final year student with about a month left) But every time I throw $50 onto whatever site, I play a few $5 SnGs, a bit of $5 HU and I play some 2c/5c PLO I play a couple of $5-$10 MTTs and every time I bust very fast and manage to blow my $50 in a day or two. Don't get me wrong, I know all about BR management and I do play higher than I should but I'm ot too fussed about a $50 here and there. What's genuinely frustrating me at the moment is my inability to win anything. I always want to win, I am happy if I win a $3.50 SnG with a BR of a $3000+! which used to be the case! (I didn't go broke, I jsut bougth stuff :D ) Recently however I have had all my chips in as massive favourites, even dominating people with the same pair and no draw! For example, and this is a totally standard run for me: today I threw $66 on stars:I played 3x $6.50 turbos and busted 8th (my fault) 4th (had it all in with A6 against K6 on a 246Q board, river K) and 5th (no rel cards all gme and pushed A9s into 55, no big deal although it would be nice to win a flip.)I played 6 $5.50 HU sngs, I won 2, lost one, won one then lost 2. Each one I lost was because I outplayed the other guy so severley they resorted to the old 'I can't beat u after the flop so I will push all in preflop) and everntually they got the better of me! I also played an hour of 5c/10c NLHE, built until i had about $18 in front of me, reraised a LP raiser in the SB with AQo, flop came KJT, I check, he bets, I min raise, he calls, turn brings a 9, I check, he bets, I min raise, he calls, river brings a 9, I bet out, he goes all in just covering me with about $9 left behind, I call reluctantly, he has 9T. I know I could push it harder but it's just so typical at the moment to get horrifically sucked out on. I don't mind getting outplayed cos at the end of the day I learn something, if I make a bad play at the wrong time I can live with that as well but it's so frustrating to bust on every bubble, lose every flip, lost every 60/40 and lose to every draw when I correctly price them out every time. And there we go again, $66 down the drain once more! I play live and this happens far less regularly but that's neither here nor there. :club: Anyhow my point is basically; could someone who believes in karma sort me out please? LolAnyhow, rant over, and please feel free to move to the BBF which I of course know IDTSCheers for readingRob
1) Work on building a stable bankroll. Start from the bottom, and get to a point where you don't need to deposit.2) Don't play $10 MTTs with a $50 roll.3) Don't minraise. You deserve to get sucked out on when you minraise.4) Post the flips that you win. Don't dwell on the ones that you lose.
Anyhow my point is basically; could someone who believes in karma sort me out please? ....Rob
Sure. Karma means something like: for every action there is an equal (but not opposite) reaction. It means you get back what you give out. Now, you play poker like my ex-mother-in-law played the lottery. When you put in time, study, serious intent and stop treating your money like a disposable commodity, you will reap the rewards of the Poker God. One literal definition of "karma" BTW is: work.

Nothing mystical about it; you're just experiencing the natural, logical consequences of your approach to the game. "Adapt or Die" as the saying goes. Fix your leaks and you'll be fine. "Darwinian Justice," as it were.

"Anyhow, rant over, and please feel free to move to the BBF which I of course know IDTS"hehe.. btw, anyone mind enlightening me on how to officially quote someone?

"Anyhow, rant over, and please feel free to move to the BBF which I of course know IDTS"hehe.. btw, anyone mind enlightening me on how to officially quote someone?
Like that