• Please log in to reply
6019 replies to this topic

#6001 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Only a first class NERD would let some comic book ruin a move for them. Nerds!

#6002 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,667 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 11 December 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

I liked the movie I am Legend. presumably, because I hadn't read the books.

I liked the movie called I Am Legend.

Then I read the book. The book was good. I liked it too.

I still liked the movie even though I liked the book too.

There's also an alternate ending that I think is better than the original.

I Am Legend was a good movie. I think Will Smith is one of the best African-American actors that has ever lived.

The End

#6003 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

You're all terrible people.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#6004 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

Logan

Wow. Great movie.

#6005 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,718 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

SuperJon, on 11 December 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

I Am Legend was a good movie. I think Will Smith is one of the best African-American actors that has ever lived.

I am not certain if you wildly overrate Will Smith, or are simply racist.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#6006 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

BigDMcGee, on 12 December 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

I am not certain if you wildly overrate Will Smith, or are simply racist.
Little column A, little column B
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#6007 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,667 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

hank213, on 12 December 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Little column A, little column B

A+B = AB

As in "ABS". Like, did you see Will Smith's abs in my all time favorite movie, I Am Legend?

Glorious.

#6008 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,667 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:19 AM

Last Jedi

My thoughts...

Spoiler

#6009 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,378 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

I think you wildly overrate Force Awakens. Rouge One should have taken it's spot as #2b to A New Hopes #2a.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#6010 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Logan Lucky

Only high point is a scene where prisoners have taken over the cafeteria and the warden, played by dwight yoakam, is negotiating. He tells them he can procure a copy of Dances With Dragons but the Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring haven't been published yet. The back and forth there was amusing (to nerds).

#6011 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,093 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

While that's definitely the funniest scene in the movie, I liked the rest of it as well. I'm a sucker for Adam Driver, but as heist-style films go, I thought it hit all the notes pretty well, and Daniel Craig was good too. It was fun! Felt like a Carolina-version of The Town.

Seth MacFarlane was bad and useless.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#6012 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

Coco

Loved it. Probably my favourite Pixar since Up.

#6013 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Tried watching Atomic Blonde but tapped out of maybe 30 or 45 minutes. Failed to keep my attention and felt way too liberal with the time hopping. Pretty sure they had a flash forward in a flash back mixed in there somewhere.

#6014 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,093 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Hank, you watch the new Blade Runner yet? I'm not sure I finished Atomic Blonde, because the end game seemed exceedingly insignificant, but I liked the hour+ I drunk-watched.

As an aside, if anyone is a Plex user, let's hook up! I don't get rips super early from usenet or anything, but anything coming out in the next week or two I have in a 1080p. Plex is really good!
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#6015 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

I haven't. The plan is to watch the first one (the final cut) and then the second one back to back. So I'll have to find a weekend where I've got like a 6 hour block I can commit to that.

#6016 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,718 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

it's a shame you didn't see it in theater, it really is a beautifully shot movie that looked absolutely wonderful on the big screen
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#6017 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Bright (Netflix)

oh god, this was a bad movie, and not in an entertaining way. One of the least enjoyable movies I have ever sat all the way through. I was actually on board for the premise. An alternate reality Urban-Fantasy Earth where Humans aren't the only civilized species. It could have been fun (It wasn't). I wouldn't even have had a problem with the heavy handed social commentary if it was actually well executed (It wasn't), or if it even made sense (it didn't, other than on the most basic possible level). None of the character's motivation made any sense and I honestly had no idea what was going on for most of the movie. There was a magic wand, and a bunch of different groups wanted it and a bunch of people died and it was really dark and grim, and there were horribly failed attempts at lightening the mood with humour and horribly failed attempts at character building. Just a disaster from start to finish.

#6018 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,718 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

I thought it was bad, in a highly entertaining way. I couldn't believe the tone the movie was taking, so dark and gritty. So ****ing absurd, for the story they were telling. I heard Will Smith describe it as Training Day meets Lord of The Rings, and that's exactly what it was.

Also the racial dynamics were really strange. Clearly the Orcs were stand ins for blacks and latinos, and Elves were stand ins for the white privileged elite.. but humans.... still had human racism, as well as being prejudiced against Orcs. Like Mexicans still had it shitty. Except, Will Smith was post-racial, somehow. I swear to god, I think his character was written for a white person, and then they cast Smith and didn't bother to change anything. I thought the movie was unintentionally hilarious and bizarre.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#6019 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 12 January 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Except, Will Smith was post-racial, somehow. I swear to god, I think his character was written for a white person, and then they cast Smith and didn't bother to change anything. I thought the movie was unintentionally hilarious and bizarre.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the absurdity of it. I thought the relationship between Will Smith and the Orc cop was the strangest thing in the movie. I'm pretty sure I missed a key piece of dialogue early in the film, but, were they new/recent partners? I mean, the Orc knew Will Smith's daughter by name and that interaction on the front lawn seemed to indicate a long term partnership. And then you've got Will Smith lecturing his daughter on how being a different species doesn't make you worse or better etc.. then right after you have Will Smith just being a piece of shit to the Orc on the ride to work, berating him for something that was clearly not his fault, and generally being a dick. It was all very strange.

#6020 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,718 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

New ish partners, I think. The way I viewed it was, right after the Orc got assigned to Smith, Smith got shot by another orc, and this was his first time back at work ,after that shooting. So that Orc cop was still new and green. I got the impression also, that the Orc was signed to Smith, because the rest of the cops hated him. I agree, it was a very weird dynamic.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users