I watched the first episode last night, and would like to stay unspoiled please and thank you.

It's just an okay show and story for me. Ron Mexico are you watching? It's got heavy Veronica Mars moments, and I believe I saw Calamity Jane (Deadwood) make a split second appearance as a lesbian. I am relying on my hours of couch time and general truthiness, and have not double checked anywhere for an official ruling on the sighting, though.

It's a little self conscious, and the perfectly curvy woman, who drinks like a fish and eats like a linebacker, and is an brooding sexy mess is a version of Pixie.

I don't think pigeon holing jessica into the MPDG mold is fair. The actress looks like one, but the character doesn't really fit that mold. I think she's more like a gender inversion of the typical male noir Private Investigator, with really deep psycho-sexual scars. She's not going to be transforming any male protagonists lives with her spirit and quirkiness.

Full Disclosure, I think Alias is one of the very best comics marvel ever put out. It was dark and interesting and the characters more fully formed than basically anything in the marvel universe, and I've really been pleased with the episodes I've seen so far. I'm shocked that Marvel is making something this dark as part of it's MCU.

I think she's more like a gender inversion of the typical male noir Private Investigator, with really deep psycho-sexual scars.

Yeah. I think this was a really tough cast, because there are very few beautiful actresses who can pull this character off convincingly. This actress being too obvious "I'm so tough and DGAF, look, you can tell by my pouting" wasn't bad enough that I didn't finish the series, but I did cringe from time to time.

Not like they were going to get one of the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo actresses or something, so got to take what you can get.

Yeah, the actress the picked I adore from Breaking bad, and I love that sort of gothy look, but I envisioned Jessica Jones as more.. I don't know, basic? I think The wife who got cheated on in The Affair would have been perfect for it, 20 years ago. That's how I envisioned jones. But, from what I've seen so far, this actress has been a pleasant surprise. I like the juxtaposition of her seeming frailty with her incredible strength. And the sex scenes are super hot.

Oh, btw, the airport thing is something I always do when people ask for no spoilers. I say "he/she/they make it to the airport in time at the end".

I don't remember where I got it from. Some stupid movie I think.

Oh, btw, the airport thing is something I always do when people ask for no spoilers. I say "he/she/they make it to the airport in time at the end".

I don't remember where I got it from. Some stupid movie I think.

PtJLmLQ.jpg

I'm not much of a Marvel/comics person it its on the list to watch

We just started The Man in the High Castle last night. Only ep 1 but I liked it. Not sure what to think about where it's headed, the but the concept is smart. Wish I had read the book. Not gonna now.

I'm not much of a Marvel/comics person it its on the list to watch

We just started The Man in the High Castle last night. Only ep 1 but I liked it. Not sure what to think about where it's headed, the but the concept is smart. Wish I had read the book. Not gonna now.

I love the concept, but I hated the follow through. I watched the first two episodes they released for it, but I think I'm out.

So you'll bang my wife, then?

Jessica-Jones-Mike-Colter-and-Krysten-Ritter-on-Set-3-429x600.png

I love the concept, but I hated the follow through. I watched the first two episodes they released for it, but I think I'm out.

Yeah, I watched the first episode and meh'd.

• 1 month later...

I just finished and really enjoyed all of it. It's sexy and smart. Men are only in a supporting role, the women are the protagonists of the story. There's a great, unblinking judgement towards violence and rape.

For a super violent show, the neck twisting of Kilgrave made me gasp. David Tennant was a great villain.

• Like 1

I just finished it today as well!

Would have been a lot tighter as a 10 episode season with less of the terrible non-Jess/Luke/Kilgrave characters. The female twin getting her own scenes was a bad decision.

I think I liked Daredevil slightly more, but mostly just because I really liked those fight scenes. The throw-in of the Daredevil character was a nice touch in the really well done JJ finale. Also really looking forward to Luke's show.