Hey guys, my name is Wegis Silveira, I just signed up fullcantact.

I need a help to adjust my range of steal in cash.

Analyzing my stats I realized that despite my percentage of steals not be as high, at times I try to steal with very weak hands. For example, in one hand I tried a steal of BTN with 62o and got BB's call; on board (QAQ) I made the cbet of a half pot and received call. dropped on the turn, of course.

I know the cbet was horrible, but which range steal you advise me? and what better way to make a continuation bet or not?

Hey guys, my name is Wegis Silveira, I just signed up fullcantact.

I'm sorry, you're about 5 years too late...

What stakes are you playing? I have found at the micros sometimes you have to c-bet, then fire the second barrel before you can pull of the heist. On a board like in your example, the odds are low that either one of you have a Q, so usually people won't fold so quickly and wait to see what the turn brings (or any other high card paired board). Also too, sometimes you don't have to half-pot bet. A 1/3 pot bet can accomplish the same thing as a 1/2 pot. All your really doing is fishing for info and seeing if the other will flinch. Based on the table and style of play, you can actually get a multi-way pot to fold around if you are in position with a small-ish bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally speaking, stealing with hands that weak aren't necessary. A lot of your profit is going to come from getting value. That said, your steal range should adjust a lot depending on your opponents. If we're speaking on stealing from the button specifically, how are your opponents in the blinds reacting? What are their stack sizes? If they're folding a lot, go ahead and steal wide. If they're being more stubborn, it's better to have at least some value in your hand. If they're 3-betting a bunch, then you are not going to want to steal as much...though you may need to consider a 4-bet bluff if you do.

In the example you used, the c-bet on that board isn't necessarily bad. Again, it depends on the opponent. There are plenty of hands that should theoretically check/fold to your c-bet. In my experience though, they often won't fold a pair or k-high to one bet, so when you do bet, you may need to consider firing the turn and possibly even the river.

• 3 weeks later...