2009 San Francisco Giants Thread

We don't need that Dodger POS Manny. :club: We have Sandoval, Ishakawa (who is playing a lot better than people anticipated), and not much else... but we do have the best rotation in MLB. :ts

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need that Dodger POS Manny. :club: We have Sandoval, Ishakawa (who is playing a lot better than people anticipated), and not much else... but we do have the best rotation in MLB. :ts
LoooooooooooooooooolI dont think most people have any clue who you are talking about, so not sure what they anticipated from him. Rotation is good on paper, but we shall see how they react to 1.7 runs a game in support. Poor Matt Cain, the Giants should just trade him to the Red Sox or the Yankees so he can win a Cy Young or two and have a good career.That being said, the Giants should be somewhat competitive and no team will like going in there to face that rotation.
LoooooooooooooooooolI dont think most people have any clue who you are talking about, so not sure what they anticipated from him. Rotation is good on paper, but we shall see how they react to 1.7 runs a game in support. Poor Matt Cain, the Giants should just trade him to the Red Sox or the Yankees so he can win a Cy Young or two and have a good career.That being said, the Giants should be somewhat competitive and no team will like going in there to face that rotation.
poor matt cain. i believe he has a career ERA under 3.5 and has 20 more losses than wins. yay giants run support. we do have a stellar rotation, but zero offense. The Dodgers have the opposite with Manny. I can't even name more than one starter for the Dodgers this year besides Kershaw. :club:
poor matt cain. i believe he has a career ERA under 3.5 and has 20 more losses than wins. yay giants run support. we do have a stellar rotation, but zero offense. The Dodgers have the opposite with Manny. I can't even name more than one starter for the Dodgers this year besides Kershaw. :club:
Chad Billingsley > Giants pitchers other then Lincecum
Cain 3.74 ERA, 30-43 record.
Does he really only have 30 career wins? Wow, I shouldn't be surprised but that number seems so low for someone with his stuff who hasn't had any major injuries or anything.
Does he really only have 30 career wins? Wow, I shouldn't be surprised but that number seems so low for someone with his stuff who hasn't had any major injuries or anything.
It's called pitching for the Giants. :/Also, I bet 3 Giants pitchers will finish with better stats than Billingsley :club:
It's called pitching for the Giants. :/Also, I bet 3 Giants pitchers will finish with better stats than Billingsley :club:
Define stats and you have yourself a bet. I'll even give you odds on that one because I'd feel like I was taking advantage of you otherwise.
Define stats and you have yourself a bet. I'll even give you odds on that one because I'd feel like I was taking advantage of you otherwise.
wins/era and K to walk ratio?
wins/era and K to walk ratio?
I'd prefer era+ and whip...wins is fine but not a very good stat for your side of the bet. I would require there be a min of 25 starts by Chad for the bet to go off.
I'd prefer era+ and whip...wins is fine but not a very good stat for your side of the bet. I would require there be a min of 25 starts by Chad for the bet to go off.
alright, era+ whip sounds good. :club: This includes Lincecum also for me. 25 starts for everyone makes sense too.
alright, era+ whip sounds good. :club: This includes Lincecum also for me. 25 starts for everyone makes sense too.
Obv Lincecum included. I guess I could make you pick 3, but not really necessary I dont think.So, 3 Giants starting pitchers have to finish with more wins, a better era+, and a better whip over a min of 25 starts. If Bills has a better number in any category than any of the 3 Giants pitchers who qualify, I win. If the Giants somehow don't have 3 sps that make 25+ starts, or if Bills doesn't, the bet is off. Is that right?
Obv Lincecum included. I guess I could make you pick 3, but not really necessary I dont think.So, 3 Giants starting pitchers have to finish with more wins, a better era+, and a better whip over a min of 25 starts. If Bills has a better number in any category than any of the 3 Giants pitchers who qualify, I win. If the Giants somehow don't have 3 sps that make 25+ starts, or if Bills doesn't, the bet is off. Is that right?
deal. :club: losing this bet will be the only excitement i'll get from the 2009 giants
Still have to work out terms.
sounds good. I'm cool with money, but do you also want to do something like the loser has to wear the opposing teams gear to a game and take pics or something stupid like that. We could do that for the NL west standings bet.

The Giants have more wins than any team in any professional sport, on earth. lol at least I have another reason to stay a loyal giants fan.over 10,200 wins.

I like Lincecum (SP) but I predict his little body cant take the way he pitches. It would be wise for the Giantsto cut his innings and work on his mechanics. But this is the Giants so I suspect they will do nothing. They NEEDED Manny. Even if they wont say publicy. Outside of Rowand and maybe Renteria (who is a solid bat) who else is gonna produce. Does anyone think Molina is as good as he was most of the season last year? Winn (old)?Outside of the Mets, the Giants were always a team I would've like to see do well. Sabean has made that impossibe so I would like to see the Giants continue to be terrible so maybe, just maybe ownership will tell him to take a hike.

deal. :club: losing this bet will be the only excitement i'll get from the 2009 giants
What if one of their retarded fans loses it, kills one of the players, slices off his branded number on his arm and puts it in another player's freezer then kidnaps that player's son and makes him hit a homerun to save his kid. Now that would be exciting.
What if one of their retarded fans loses it, kills one of the players, slices off his branded number on his arm and puts it in another player's freezer then kidnaps that player's son and makes him hit a homerun to save his kid. Now that would be exciting.
you're jaded
I like Lincecum (SP) but I predict his little body cant take the way he pitches. It would be wise for the Giantsto cut his innings and work on his mechanics. But this is the Giants so I suspect they will do nothing.
Read this.Short excerpt:Such velocity was possible only because Lincecum's delivery is an engineering marvel, and he has the athleticism and fine-gauge musculature to pull it off time after time after time. Most pitchers are taught a delivery in segments, such as a step back, a gathering of the limbs while balanced over the rubber, the loading of the ball in a cocked position behind the head and then a fast uncoiling of the body as the arm comes forward. Hall of Fame righthander Robin Roberts used to say, "If you're going to hurry, hurry late," a reference to accelerated arm speed at the end of the more measured movements to keep the body balanced.Lincecum, by contrast, pitches with the intentions of a drag racer: It's go time from the start. His delivery gives the illusion of being one movement rather than the cobbling of several separate ones. Righetti calls this apparent seamlessness "flow.""The hardest thing to do is slow down, gather yourself, then throw a ball," says the pitching coach. "Greg Maddux, Bob Gibson, Rich Gossage -- they all flowed through their delivery. They keep their momentum going. Those flow guys are the ones who can sustain the grind of pitching. I think [Tim's] a longevity guy, I really do."
  • 2 weeks later...
We have a lot more that Sandoval and Ishikawa....Rowand and Molina are above average at their respective positions. Out outfield platoon should be pretty good with Rowand, Winn, Lewis and Schierholtz (who is a really good hitter for average - .320 last year). With our pitching, this team can definitely compete with the dodgers for the top spot in the division. Also, don't be surprised if we trade for a bat at the trade deadline.....The Giants have some money saved and most teams will be selling at the deadline for financial reasons.