Fri Aug 04 17:51:00 PDT 2006Negreanu's Stack DentedOn a flop of J98, Daniel Negreanu bets $12,000 and Chris Combs calls. The turn is the 3 and Negreanu shoots out again with $18,000. Combs calls and the river puts the 10 on the board. Negreanu pushes all-in, having Combs well covered and Combs calles all-in, showing J10 for top two pair. Negreanu shows 108 for a worse two pair and Combs rakes in the pot to double up to $130,000. Negreanu's stack is now down to $158,000.Poop.

I think that's a dumb push ... especially just after the bubble to a shorter stack ... he just donked off like half his own chips.
he loves those 10 8 and 9 7 starting hands. he has won many pots with them, but also lost many as well.
he loves those 10 8 and 9 7 starting hands. he has won many pots with them, but also lost many as well.
I love them to ... why push ? It was a dumb push. Lemme guess, because this is DN's site any play he makes is the right play ?

whats wrong with the push, depending on how donk'ish DN had been playing the past half hour, theres no way he thinks J10 is gonna call him therethats one of those plays where once you see your opponents hand you arent too happy, as your read was correct

Dont think its a starting hand issue. He can play anything from any position. I think it was a time issue. For him to have his head around the way these guys are playing but not realize that after the bubble pops its going to be an all in fest is a bad mistake IMO.

Dont think its a starting hand issue. He can play anything from any position. I think it was a time issue. For him to have his head around the way these guys are playing but not realize that after the bubble pops its going to be an all in fest is a bad mistake IMO.
That's one of his great strengths-post-flop play.Get back in thar Danny Boy!!!
Great play and read by daniel....Just WOW....it isn't his fault that donkey can't throw away 2 pair on an obvious straight board.
explain to me how an INSIDE straight hitting on the river is an OBVIOUS straight board, just because a board ends up 4 to a straight, doesn't mean it's an obvious straight board, the only hands that could logically make a straight are 78 or QJ, and Daniel had obviously been pushing alot of hands, the opponent had half his stack in the pot already, there are several reasons why this isn't a ridiculously horrible call.
Great play and read by daniel....Just WOW....it isn't his fault that donkey can't throw away 2 pair on an obvious straight board.
isn't that part of poker, feeling who would lay down the hand and who wouldn't?BUT, i was not watchinmg the hand, or play before it, so the play might have been the 'proper' one in that situation.
Edit, forget what i had written.
Lol, you edited it between the time I clicked 'reply' and the time the reply page loaded.Yeah, there's a bit of ambiguity with my pronouns, but clearly you got it.

im personally not impressed with the way daniel has played this ME based on the hands that are posted on cardplayer and the ones he describes in his vlog. i love him to death, but if he's not only playing but RAISING 90% of the hands preflop im not giving him credit for a hand EVER, so its really no surprise he got called. he should know that his bluff power is all but gone and im not so sure he was bluffing here...i just dont think his luck can last

im personally not impressed with the way daniel has played this ME based on the hands that are posted on cardplayer and the ones he describes in his vlog. i love him to death, but if he's not only playing but RAISING 90% of the hands preflop im not giving him credit for a hand EVER, so its really no surprise he got called. he should know that his bluff power is all but gone and im not so sure he was bluffing here...i just dont think his luck can last
How long did you make it in this year's ME?

It seems like he should kind of play more tight right now and grab the $$ the low stacks are gonna toss around and not get into too many hard decisions. It seems like he thinks everyone there is a donk.......but these last 800 are the best 10% this year. Maybe he should give this group a little more credit than he did in the first part of the tourny.

How long did you make it in this year's ME?
omg, did i offend you by logically criticizing your idol poker player? im so sorry. your point proves nothing, obviously i didnt play the ME and obviously DN is a better player than me. but that doesnt mean others cant criticize his play. just giving my opinions that are founded on very limited info, and im well aware of it thanks
It seems like he should kind of play more tight right now and grab the $$ the low stacks are gonna toss around and not get into too many hard decisions. It seems like he thinks everyone there is a donk.......but these last 800 are the best 10% this year. Maybe he should give this group a little more credit than he did in the first part of the tourny.
just cause they are the final 10% doesnt mean they are the best 10%. but i do agree with your overal point