How Much Would You Pay For Someone's Autograph?

I saw an article recently about how former baseball great Pete Rose was making a nice living signing autographs at the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas. That got me thinking, what is the most I would pay for autographs from various famous people. I'm not talking about a verified autograph you buy from a third party, I'm talking about the famous person sitting at a table, and I can walk up to them and they personally sign a short message to me which is the case with the Pete Rose signings. Here is what I would pay for various short messages and autographs done in this manner:

Pete Rose: $40

Barack Obama:$100

Michael Jordon $50

Hank Aaron $40

Jessica Alba $20

Doyle Brunson $25

Come in and tell us the most you would pay for autographs and short messages from various well known people.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd pay 100 dollars a signed picture of world famous stuntman, Scott Roland, with what I assume are his two lovely daughters, at what appears to be a Renaissance Faire

I'd pay 300 for video Ali shaking hands with Michael J. Fox.

"To Jason. Sorry to hear about your mom."

I've read that Pete Rose will sign short statements like:

"I'm sorry I gambled on baseball" and

"Pete Rose: Hits 4,256 Steroids 0"

An autographed game used piece of memorabilia has some value to me. But not as much as people put on it, which is why I don't own anything like that. I would be just fine owning a jersey with a dirst stain from sliding with or without the autograph. I guess it's a bit cooler from people who are no longer alive.

When I was 13 I wrote letters and sent out requests for autographs to various athletes, some were random. A lot that I got back were auto-signed or printed pieces. Bo Jackson and Scottie Pippen sent me pre-printed things. Will Clark actually signed his Rookie Card for me, that was cool, when I was 13. I hope I still have it somewhere.

In most cases I would rather get my photo taken with someone than have them sign something for me. I guess a personalized message is kind of cool, but mostly autographs don't mean much to me. I have quite a few from when I was little and the parents would take me to Cubs games. The only one that holds any real value to me is an autographed baseball by Harry Caray.

"50 Years Holy Cow!" - Harry Caray is how he signed it. I was told he didn't sign a lot of autographs so signed items from him are pretty rare. Things that are personalized, rare, or hard to get I understand, but I don't understand why anyone would want an autograph from a guy who is desperate for money and signs hundreds of things on a weekly basis.

I wouldnt walk across a sidewalk for an autograph, much less pay for it

I wouldnt even bother a celeb for a photo. Why, so I can put it on FB and show people I bumped into X celebrity? Who cares?

I get the game used stuff, to a degree, but only if you come by it honeslty and for free. I just dont care enough

If I'm buzzed, I'd approach someone who's work I admire and tell them thanks. Thats about it

In most cases I would rather get my photo taken with someone than have them sign something for me.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/apparently-pete-rose-makes-1-million-a-year-selling-his-autograph-in-vegas/

I think a lot of people want Pete Rose's autograph because he played the game all out, all the time (unlike many players today who have huge guaranteed contracts). He's the only player I know who would sprint to 1st base when he was walked by the pitcher. He would always slide head first instead of feet first. Sometimes he would slide head first into first base on a close play. Thus his nickname -- "Charlie Hustle".

I think a lot of people want Pete Rose's autograph because he played the game all out, all the time (unlike many stars today who have huge guaranteed contracts). He's the only player I know who would sprint to 1st base when he was walked by the pitcher. He would always slide head first instead of feet first. Sometimes he would slide head first into first base on a close play. Thus his nickname -- "Charlie Hustle".

lol

• Like 1

At the 2006 World Series at the Rio there was a really large poker expo and FCP and all the poker sites had booths. Our booth was right across from a sports memorabilia company.

During the dinner break of Day 1 of the Main Event we advertised that Daniel would be in the FCP booth signing autographs for about an hour. There was a long line and he probably signed for or spoke to over 100 people. At that same time the sports guys had Pete Rose in their booth signing autographs and I didn't see him sign any. The big difference of course was Daniel wasn't charging while Rose was probably charging at least $50 for his.

I think a lot of people want Pete Rose's autograph because he played the game all out, all the time (unlike many stars today who have huge guaranteed contracts). He's the only player I know who would sprint to 1st base when he was walked by the pitcher. He would always slide head first instead of feet first. Sometimes he would slide head first into first base on a close play. Thus his nickname -- "Charlie Hustle".

not to mention he's a dirty cheating scumbag lowlife douchebag #ahole moron idiot loser clown who disgraced the game in the very worst way. I hope he rots in hell.

martin-card.jpg

He should of had a card that said: "Sorry, I can't sign an autograph now and if you're offended:

Exxxccuuuuuuuuuuussse MMMeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

not to mention he's a dirty cheating scumbag lowlife douchebag #ahole moron idiot loser clown who disgraced the game in the very worst way. I hope he rots in hell.

It's baseball dude.

Well, he will autograph a statement that says:

"I'm sorry I gambled on baseball -- Pete Rose"

but my favorite is

Pete Rose: hits 4,256 steroids 0

dude the memories are so thick I have to brush them from my face. the one constant throughout the years has been baseball and while America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers baseball has marked the time. that field is part of our past and it reminds of all that was once good and could be again. so don't you tell me it's just baseball.

Well, he will autograph a statement that says:

"I'm sorry I gambled on baseball -- Pete Rose"

but my favorite is

Pete Rose: hits 4,256 steroids 0

YOU'RE SERIOUSLY PISSING ME THE FVCK OFF TALKING ABOUT THAT #AHOLE.

dude the memories are so thick I have to brush them from my face. the one constant throughout the years has been baseball and while America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers baseball has marked the time. that field is part of our past and it reminds of all that was once good and could be again. so don't you tell me it's just baseball.

It's just baseball.