I Am Still Thinking About This One...

Please take a look and tell me what you think of my push here.I think grits has nothing he had not made an impression, and this game short stacks often make the push with nothing.I think mellencamp, billy don and fisherman would re raise if they had my queens beaten. I dont want to play queens 5 handed.I had been running well and getting respect from the table. Texas Hold'em $.5-$1 NL (real money), hand #730,448,563Table Warschau, 17 Jul 2006 4:41 PM ETSeat 1: hero [ QC,QD ] ($244.35 in chips)Seat 2: mellencamp19 ($93.10 in chips)Seat 3: GritsNGrayB ($35.10 in chips)Seat 4: mortenbus ($10.00 in chips)Seat 5: Billydon ($97.60 in chips)Seat 6: Fisherman85. ($93.00 in chips)Seat 8: Kastrull ($144.00 in chips)Seat 10: 01wingdangel ($22.50 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSBillydon posts blind ($0.50), Fisherman85. posts blind ($1).PRE-FLOPKastrull folds, 01wingdangel folds, hero bets $4, mellencamp19 calls $4, GritsNGrayB folds, mortenbus bets $10 and is all-in, Billydon calls $9.50, Fisherman85. calls $9, hero bets $240.35 and is all-in, mellencamp19 folds, Billydon folds, Fisherman85. folds.FLOP [board cards 4S,3S,4C ]TURN [board cards 4S,3S,4C,6H ]RIVER [board cards 4S,3S,4C,6H,9D ]SHOWDOWNhero shows [ QC,QD ]mortenbus shows [ 8S,9C ]hero wins $276.35.SUMMARYDealer: mortenbusPot: $278.35, (including rake: $2)hero bets $244.35, collects $276.35, net $32mellencamp19 loses $4GritsNGrayB loses $0mortenbus loses $10Billydon loses $10Fisherman85. loses $10Kastrull loses $001wingdangel loses $0

You happy winning $30 there?I reraise pf to about $30...you want ONE caller with QQ (especially if the shortstack has KK or AA,then you need a sidepot).Your all-in potentially isolated you with a better hand, where as a decent bet could have generated a sidepot where you're a strong favourite.The main pot is a bonus here.

You happy winning $30 there?I reraise pf to about $30...you want ONE caller with QQ (especially if the shortstack has KK or AA,then you need a sidepot).Your all-in potentially isolated you with a better hand, where as a decent bet could have generated a sidepot where you're a strong favourite.The main pot is a bonus here.
Yea knew this could not be the optimal play, but my brain jammed a little. I was very surprised to see so much action as this was not how the table had been acting.

he'd need to raise to more than $30 to isolate and get it HU. Although $30 usually will do the job at $100nl...I don't mind the push..as if you raise to $45 and one the of $90 stacks calls off half his stack you really would hate to see a K/A flop w/ all that money in the pot...however, if someone is calling more than $30 pf with a 90ish stack, they'd mine as well push for the full buy in if they have AK or better.- Jordan

why did you min raise preflop?
BB is 1.00I bet 4.00 I never min raise in that spot.OH I SEE it was not 1-2 but .5 - 1.00I wonder why PT labeled it that way?
BB is 1.00I bet 4.00 I never min raise in that spot.
Your OP says the BB is $2, in the title, before the hand history.Texas Hold'em $1-$2 NL (real money), hand #730,448,563Table Warschau, 17 Jul 2006 4:41 PM ETSeat 1: hero [ QC,QD ] ($244.35 in chips)Seat 2: mellencamp19 ($93.10 in chips)Seat 3: GritsNGrayB ($35.10 in chips)Seat 4: mortenbus ($10.00 in chips)Seat 5: Billydon ($97.60 in chips)Seat 6: Fisherman85. ($93.00 in chips)Seat 8: Kastrull ($144.00 in chips)Seat 10: 01wingdangel ($22.50 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSBillydon posts blind ($0.50), Fisherman85. posts blind ($1).Contradiction here.

I think this is OK. I mean, any raise between $30 and allin were going to isolate you with the original pusher, so who cares how much it is? KK or AA wouldn't have flat-called a push that was only 2.5 times the originial raise. You got your point across.You dont' like QQ 5-handed? Psh.

I'm not sure I like this at all.You have no less than 4 callers.First one calls 4xBB, seconds pushes 10BB (not really worried about him), third flat calls nearly 10xBB, same with 4th.If there aren't Aces or Kings somewhere in there more than 75% of the time, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

I dont mind it. Not in fantastic posistion, with roughly 30bbs already in there. I think raising sucks only because if an A or K falls, you're in a tough spot, and involved in a big pot.

Thanks for the responses so far. I am clearly not in love with my original play. I do think re reaise of some kind was in order but perhaps not all in.If i re raise the pot or a little better is probably better option. But even then the pot becomes around 100 bucks and unless an ace falls i am getting anybody still involved allin on the flop.

I believe a reraise was necesary, but all-in? Something like $40 is a good number. Why do you want to risk your whole stack on a QQ? It's true a KK or AA would have almost certinaly reraised. But there are players out there who can't fold AK, and even though your a favorite, do you want all your chips in on that? If you do, then go ahead and move in. For the most part, people who fold to an all-in fold to a $40 reraise. If they have something like JJ or 10 10 and choose to call a reraise, then you're a big favorite, so good.