I play NLHE.So I've been playing poker for about two years. Played online for about a year. I had a system where i allow myself to deposit only $25 max every month. That hasn't been the case lately. However, recently i finally feel like i got good enough to win consistently. A couple days ago i deposited $30 on Stars and played 10/25 cents for about 8 hours and built that BR up to $210(Also i have to note that i did this after watching BKiCE hand history that he recently posted, it helped my game alot).Then i played yesterday and first dropped to 150 and then finally 95 at the end of the day, all in a matter of an hour or so. I think i finally know what "tilt" REALLY means, and its the worst feeling imaginable.So i guess my question is: Am i good enough to win consistently?(since i was able to steadily build my BR up at first)orAm i a complete idiot?(because i gave back about a hundred of it playing 10/25 cents in under an hour)

I play NLHE.So I've been playing poker for about two years. Played online for about a year. I had a system where i allow myself to deposit only $25 max every month. That hasn't been the case lately. However, recently i finally feel like i got good enough to win consistently. A couple days ago i deposited $30 on Stars and played 10/25 cents for about 8 hours and built that BR up to $210(Also i have to note that i did this after watching BKiCE hand history that he recently posted, it helped my game alot).Then i played yesterday and first dropped to 150 and then finally 95 at the end of the day, all in a matter of an hour or so. I think i finally know what "tilt" REALLY means, and its the worst feeling imaginable.So i guess my question is: Am i good enough to win consistently?(since i was able to steadily build my BR up at first)orAm i a complete idiot?(because i gave back about a hundred of it playing 10/25 cents in under an hour)
short answer yeslong answer yes with a but.

you may be a donk but you are also playing outside of your bankroll...losing 4 buyins if playing aggressively is perfectly reasonable...it is suggested that you have 20 buyins for the limit you are playing withthat being said going on one good rush does not a winning player make and I don't have enough solid proof one way or another to determine how good of a player you are

you may be a donk but you are also playing outside of your bankroll...losing 4 buyins if playing aggressively is perfectly reasonable...it is suggested that you have 20 buyins for the limit you are playing withthat being said going on one good rush does not a winning player make and I don't have enough solid proof one way or another to determine how good of a player you are
thanks. I guess my next move now is to step down a level and grind out a bigger BR.

OP, stevedar is entirely on point.also, it sounds like you're a recreational player who can handle frequent redeposits, so as long as you're not putting yourself in dire financial straits, go ahead and stick with your plan. everyone tilts, too. if it really gets to you that you lose money when you start steaming, then just make sure you force yourself to get up and leave after you take a beat or two.best of luck!

Firstly, having rules for yourself with regards to how much you deposit and such shows you have little faith in your ability to self control in the first place. Secondly, depositting $30 to a site to play $25NL is far from optimal, you need 10-15 buyins for NL. Thirdly, it seems like you are playing very high variance poker, which isn't a bad thing, but when you have such a small bankroll, its not advisable. Under such conditions I think it is better to play a more conservative game and take more of a slow and steady approach to your poker bankroll.

While watching BKice/Astros' feed can be helpful and rightfully could have added to your game, you have to remember that was a tournament. Playing styles can and should be different at times while playing cash games.

While watching BKice/Astros' feed can be helpful and rightfully could have added to your game, you have to remember that was a tournament. Playing styles can and should be different at times while playing cash games.
And if you want to play tournament poker in cash games, just move up a level every 15 minutes, regardless of your stack :club:

If you must ask if you are a donk, then yes indeed sir you are a donk, donk donk.I'll never be gone, I'm just overseeing the site now, making sure everythings running smoothly, if I have a need to post then I will post. Carry on my disciples.FWP

I play NLHE.i could've guessed it.A couple days ago i deposited $30 on Stars and played 10/25 cents for about 8 hours and built that BR up to $210ty variance(Also i have to note that i did this after watching BKiCE hand history that he recently posted, it helped my game alot).i seriously doubt you can really apply what you see in bkice's HH's at a 10/25 nl cash game table. for one the plays are too advanced for that level, and second cash game play is totally different. taking the way a player played a hand in a certain session in one particular tournament and applying it to your "game" is a really bad idea. Then i played yesterday and first dropped to 150 and then finally 95 at the end of the day, all in a matter of an hour or so. you should be thanking the poker gods for the initial positive variance, not damning them for reminding you that you might be a losing playerI think i finally know what "tilt" REALLY means, and its the worst feeling imaginable.tilt doesn't really start for another couple decimal points...So i guess my question is: Am i good enough to win consistently?(since i was able to steadily build my BR up at first)there is nothing consistent about your performance, one upswing in variance, and one bad session. you might want to invest in PO or PT and log about 20k hands to figure out if you are a winning player or not. my guess would be that you knew the answer to this question before you posted.Am i a complete idiot?(because i gave back about a hundred of it playing 10/25 cents in under an hour)its 4 buy ins, not the end of the world. playing poker is not about how you play when your winning, its about how you play when your losing.

If you must ask if you are a donk, then yes indeed sir you are a donk, donk donk.I'll never be gone, I'm just overseeing the site now, making sure everythings running smoothly, if I have a need to post then I will post. Carry on my disciples.FWP
does FWP stand for something or did he spell his name wrong?
does FWP stand for something or did he spell his name wrong?
Sorry noob, I was kind of a big deal around here... Challenging all comers to to 2-4 NL and higher and crushing them, blowing the 200k FT tourneys, hitting a state trooper, but mainly I just crushed all at poker, and got a long with all people here accept the micro limit *** holes and the internet tough guys, people would rail be blow off a few G's drunk around 2 in the morning it was all in good fun.. Now those days are dead im focused and my BR has never been bigger, so I don't hang around with minor leaguers much anymore in the end all recognized my dominance.FWP

if you built your bankroll up to $200 when only playing .10/.25 you obviously have skill. but if you tilt it all way in a short time period, i think you don't have the skill to win consistently. you should either continue to play very low or take a break until you don't tilt as easily

You play 10-25 cent. If you actaully want to play smart br poker, then you should have at least 50 buy ins. Because of the way you structured your post I would guess that you are a donk, and that if you really want to no longer be a donk, then you should decide to seriously work on your game. This wont happen, so just enjoy the ride, Homes.

if you built your bankroll up to $200 when only playing .10/.25 you obviously have skill. but if you tilt it all way in a short time period, i think you don't have the skill to win consistently. you should either continue to play very low or take a break until you don't tilt as easily
Or he went on an extrememly lucky run of cards against poor players, but that never happens on Stars (sw). Seriously, to the OP, it sounds like you're a novice player. The fact that you've been playing only two years and that you haven't been able to get above a micro bankroll shows that you still have some serious learning to do. it sounds like you're actually behind the curve on this one as any mediocre player whose been playing a year or more should be able to beat about 70% of the players out there.Take a look at the hand histories when you won and when you lost. See if you really made the correct plays. I'm going to guess you'll find either you or your opponents made poor decisions when you won money and that you made poor decisions when you lost.
Firstly, having rules for yourself with regards to how much you deposit and such shows you have little faith in your ability to self control in the first place. Secondly, depositting $30 to a site to play $25NL is far from optimal, you need 10-15 buyins for NL. Thirdly, it seems like you are playing very high variance poker, which isn't a bad thing, but when you have such a small bankroll, its not advisable. Under such conditions I think it is better to play a more conservative game and take more of a slow and steady approach to your poker bankroll.
btw very well done on your website. good work. keep it up!

To answer the OP's question, yes, but not for losing your money.You are a donk for practicing horrendous BR management and for thinking that the amount you played is enough of a sample for determining whether you are a donk.Discussion over.

To answer the OP's question, yes, but not for losing your money.You are a donk for practicing horrendous BR management and for thinking that the amount you played is enough of a sample for determining whether you are a donk.Discussion over.
Does bankroll management really matter if you are willing to redeposit frequently?

You need to read the SS 2 section on bankroll management. Gotta start somewhere. I've been playing with the same money for over a year now and it feels good to know that. Discipline is vital in order not to go broke. At the same time, I have found it has limited some of the "gamble" in me, but it has also kept me from going broke and spending my own money on poker. Until you find a system or develop any discipline you can count on being a losing player.BTW, everyone goes broke at some time or another.