#6721 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,619 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

Nobody can possibly be shocked about this Harvey Weinstein news.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#6722 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,800 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 12 October 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Nobody can possibly be shocked about this Harvey Weinstein news.

I'm curious, when you say "nobody", you mean literally no one in society?
What was it about him in particular that was supposed to give it away for someone like you or me who have never met him?

#6723 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,619 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

MapleLeafpoker, on 12 October 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

I'm curious, when you say "nobody", you mean literally no one in society?
What was it about him in particular that was supposed to give it away for someone like you or me who have never met him?
I'm talking about the media and celebrities. This guy had a whole lot of power in Hollywood. He could make people rich. He probably had a very large couch.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#6724 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,800 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 12 October 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

I'm talking about the media and celebrities. This guy had a whole lot of power in Hollywood. He could make people rich. He probably had a very large couch.

You're probably right that a fair amount of people who were close to him might have had some idea he was the kind of guy who might do something like this.

But just because he had a lot of power and could make people rich, are we to assume he raped/groped women?
If he has a lot of power and could make people rich, doesn't that fly more into the possibility that a lot of people could use him to further their own careers/agendas?

just playing devils advocate as you would! :)

#6725 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,619 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

I think someone with that much power is much more likely to view someone as a possession to whom they can do what they want.

#6726 Swacker Dave

Swacker Dave

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Duh!

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Kate Beckinsale's story about meeting him when she was 17 is messed up, that the dude way preying on them that young is pretty damning and disgusting.
.ninja {
color: black;
visibility: hidden;
}

#6727 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,697 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Some of you may know that we are going through some historic devastation in California with fires. Nowhere near where I live but a team in our hockey family was hit very hard. Some of the kids on the team lost their homes and even their hockey gear.

My website that I co own put together a quick 3 day campaign and we raised $1500 that we presented to the team. The captain was one of the families affected.

Itís great to see Hockey families helping each other out and how close the hockey community is.

Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#6728 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,697 posts

Posted Today, 12:38 PM

Question to the Canadian guys..

Is the term Oriental considered racist? I seemed to think it wasnt when used in Canada..I could be way off..

Here I used the term by accident and my friend said NO NO you cant say that..Asian is the accepted term obviously.

Wayne?
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#6729 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted Today, 01:29 PM

You are asking the wrong person. I couldnt care less what people call me. I use to say oriental too and people said I should say Asian. So I guess Asian is the proper saying.

#6730 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,619 posts

Posted Today, 01:54 PM

I can't keep up with what's acceptable anymore.

#6731 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,818 posts

Posted Today, 02:00 PM

View Postserge, on 16 October 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Question to the Canadian guys..

Is the term Oriental considered racist? I seemed to think it wasnt when used in Canada..I could be way off..

Here I used the term by accident and my friend said NO NO you cant say that..Asian is the accepted term obviously.

Wayne?

these days rugs are oriental but people aren't
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#6732 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,537 posts

Posted Today, 02:23 PM

I've just resorted to calling everyone 'dipstick'. It's equally offensive to everyone. Just happy to do my part for racial unity.
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users