WOWFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $300/$6002 playersConverterStack sizes:SB: $99296.50BB: $212032.75Pre-flop: (2 players) SB raises to $1800, BB raises to $5400, SB raises to $17700, BB calls.Flop: 3 :D 8 :D 6 :club: ($35400, 2 players)BB checks, SB bets $18800, BB raises all-in $195832.75, SB calls all-in $64296.5.Uncalled bets: $112736.25 returned to BB.Turn: A :D ($201593, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $201593)River: 4 :D ($201593, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $201593)Results:Final pot: $201593rugby is in small blind with 9h8dpatrick has 65 clubs

WOWFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $300/$6002 playersConverterStack sizes:SB: $99296.50BB: $212032.75Pre-flop: (2 players) SB raises to $1800, BB raises to $5400, SB raises to $17700, BB calls.Flop: 3 :D 8 :D 6 :club: ($35400, 2 players)BB checks, SB bets $18800, BB raises all-in $195832.75, SB calls all-in $64296.5.Uncalled bets: $112736.25 returned to BB.Turn: A :D ($201593, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $201593)River: 4 :D ($201593, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $201593)Results:Final pot: $201593rugby is in small blind with 9h8dpatrick has 65 clubs
I gueeeeess I can figure out Patrick's reasoning for this, but even that's all fcked up....SB's though, wow...If this are good plays I am sad that I can't even begin to imagine why, which would mean I still have more to learn than I thought.
They knw each other too well, which is probably one reason for this hand to come out looking this weird, I cant see townsend calling tht all in against too many other players....
Yeah thats one thing, but still, calling an all in with a mid-top pair and bad kicker is pretty amazing in anyones books.
I gueeeeess I can figure out Patrick's reasoning for this, but even that's all fcked up....SB's though, wow...If this are good plays I am sad that I can't even begin to imagine why, which would mean I still have more to learn than I thought.
SBrugby+PA Thought processPreflopSB-Rofl, I've got the button, I have to raisePA-6 high plus they connect, PLUS my pockets are same suited, PLUS I'm patrick antonius= reraiseSB- Rofl- the 4th bet is always aces, so if I reraise he has to think I have aces and fold. Plus if he folds, I will show it, and the people at 2+2 will think I'm even better than PA.PA-With all these straight and flush draws, I have to be ahead, however, I will just call to disguise the strength of my hand.FlopPA- I've flopped the nuts, he has no idea what he's in for, I check for deception yet againSB- I've flopped the nuts, he has no idea what he's in for, I bet a lot. PA- Trap successfully executed, value shoveSB- Well if I fold, I can't win the pot, if I call, I can win the pot. Plus, imagine how cool I'll look if I make this call.
SBrugby+PA Thought processPreflopSB-Rofl, I've got the button, I have to raisePA-6 high plus they connect, PLUS my pockets are same suited, PLUS I'm patrick antonius= reraiseSB- Rofl- the 4th bet is always aces, so if I reraise he has to think I have aces and fold. Plus if he folds, I will show it, and the people at 2+2 will think I'm even better than PA.PA-With all these straight and flush draws, I have to be ahead, however, I will just call to disguise the strength of my hand.FlopPA- I've flopped the nuts, he has no idea what he's in for, I check for deception yet againSB- I've flopped the nuts, he has no idea what he's in for, I bet a lot. PA- Trap successfully executed, value shoveSB- Well if I fold, I can't win the pot, if I call, I can win the pot. Plus, imagine how cool I'll look if I make this call.
or maybe like :SB- Damn phone is ringing in the middle of a 300/600 HU match...Lolz I can answer this and still playSB- Hello?PA- Rugby what up bro? its PatrickSB- YO! whats up man, you realize we're playing HU right?PA- Yeah, you wanna play a hand really wierd so we can start getting called by midpair's whenever we play other people? who ever wins the hand ships 100k to the other guy and no one will know.SB- Genius! everyone will read about the 200k pot we played like maniacsPA- Exactly! so what do you have right nowSB- 89oPA- Standard raiseSB- ObvPA- Lolz I have 56s I'm gonna reraise, then you can call and we'll see what happens on the flopSB- ZOMG I should 3 bet and then YOU call.PA- YESSS...wait, what if I shove and you call with 9 high?SB- Nah too obvPA- You're right *call* OMG we both flopped the nuts! SB- AHAH now c/r and I call it'll be sickPA- loooool 666666666 OHHH CCCCCCCC YEEEEESSSSB- NOOOOOOO you luckbox...hahaha so you ship 100k back? PA- obv, now just wait till people start posting this on forums, we'll get unlimited action from Durrr and Ivey.SB- Wanna do this next week? PA- For sure, gimme a call, I gotta go fck 50 supermodels and drive around in my Aston Martin.SB- K ttyl
or maybe like :SB- Damn phone is ringing in the middle of a 300/600 HU match...Lolz I can answer this and still playSB- Hello?PA- Rugby what up bro? its PatrickSB- YO! whats up man, you realize we're playing HU right?PA- Yeah, you wanna play a hand really wierd so we can start getting called by midpair's whenever we play other people? who ever wins the hand ships 100k to the other guy and no one will know.SB- Genius! everyone will read about the 200k pot we played like maniacsPA- Exactly! so what do you have right nowSB- 89oPA- Standard raiseSB- ObvPA- Lolz I have 56s I'm gonna reraise, then you can call and we'll see what happens on the flopSB- ZOMG I should 3 bet and then YOU call.PA- YESSS...wait, what if I shove and you call with 9 high?SB- Nah too obvPA- You're right *call* OMG we both flopped the nuts! SB- AHAH now c/r and I call it'll be sickPA- loooool 666666666 OHHH CCCCCCCC YEEEEESSSSB- NOOOOOOO you luckbox...hahaha so you ship 100k back? PA- obv, now just wait till people start posting this on forums, we'll get unlimited action from Durrr and Ivey.SB- Wanna do this next week? PA- For sure, gimme a call, I gotta go fck 50 supermodels and drive around in my Aston Martin.SB- K ttyl
I laughed. You have way too much time to kill.

I think its funny how people automatically assume that these guys go into some deep though process in these kind of hands. The simple truth of the matter is they have such huge bankrolls that they can afford to make these "crazy" plays. I love how if you make a play at 300/600 you're a genius but if you make that sam play at 1/2 you're a donk. We all get 2 cards. There is no 3rd dimension these guys can see.

I think its funny how people automatically assume that these guys go into some deep though process in these kind of hands. The simple truth of the matter is they have such huge bankrolls that they can afford to make these "crazy" plays. I love how if you make a play at 300/600 you're a genius but if you make that sam play at 1/2 you're a donk. We all get 2 cards. There is no 3rd dimension these guys can see.
so a guy playing 300/600 doesn't have a deeper thought process on a guy playing 1/2? are you retarded, stupid, or just slow?
so a guy playing 300/600 doesn't have a deeper thought process on a guy playing 1/2? are you retarded, stupid, or just slow?
Wow, are you sure you're not holding back there? lol. I think besides skill, you have to have a total and utter disregard for money + a huge bankroll. However, losing a close to 100k has got to rattle most people.

I agree with the thought that this is just a mindgame taken to a certain point, and the cards end up determining the end result. Certainly shows that poker is a game of skill and LUCK.Preflop both had crap, so a total mindgame.After the flop, some big balls by PA to push, sick skill by Rugby to call.Beyond that simply is the pain of poker, aka the suckout. Playwise Rugby kicked PA's *** on that hand. So, yeah, I think these guys would probably do ok on the 1/2 level, LOL. They did not make all the money they have by sitting around waiting for bullets to get it all in.Edit. Big points to JC for thinking that the hand was a mindfukkkk setup by both to set up other folks later on. Ya never know....

damn sounds like you got it figured out... can i stake you in the 300/600??!also please don't convert observed hand histories from the 300/600 game
also please don't convert observed hand histories from the 300/600 game
If you dont convert it you get all the "can you guys buy me a car? SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! Is this real money?" observer chat

After reading this, seeing pros play like this and call of that much money..........makes me think.......what am I doing playing poker anymore. I dont understand how each player thinks.......i quit

After reading this, seeing pros play like this and call of that much money..........makes me think.......what am I doing playing poker anymore. I dont understand how each player thinks.......i quit
What he said. None of this was in Sklansky. :club: