www.shannonshorr.com/myblogSo, I used to love following Shannon Shorr (final tabled Ausie Millions, and won a Bellagio tourney last year for approx $1.3 mill. However, recently he seems to keep getting elminated when he limps with hands like 23 HH, or 84 DD. IMHO he thinks last years luck outs make him an elite player, while he is playing with far superior players. Also, he keeps deleting comments on his blog like he refuses to take constructive criticism. Anyone else still pay attention to his blog, and think he is rediculous for thinking he is an amazing player, simply based on last years results?

Never thought he was worth the time to read, look for, or comment about..
He is an interesting read, but he seriously donks off more tournaments than anyone. I wish his BR could be given to grindermj, or looshious, because he seriously must be donkalicious to the circuit pro's.

I enjoy his blog because he acts his age. He doesn't take criticism well because it is from random people on the internet. I would find it hard to believe he doesn't review key hands with himself or others. He's obviously not the best player, but has been finding success in cashs as of late. I don't think he will do as well as last year, but I doubt it was a fluke.

I enjoy his blog because he acts his age. He doesn't take criticism well because it is from random people on the internet. I would find it hard to believe he doesn't review key hands with himself or others. He's obviously not the best player, but has been finding success in cashs as of late. I don't think he will do as well as last year, but I doubt it was a fluke.
I am not saying he is a fluke, but I think it is hilarious he lists his tournament results, but refuses to listen to people who are trying to offer him some constructive criticism. I doubt he will last the entire year on the circuit the way he plays.

I don't read his blog, so I can't comment on whether or not he is too arrogant about his own play, but I will say two things. If you want to be a successful tournament player, you need to be confident, but also aware that you will always make mistakes, and that you should always be reviewing your play and looking for leaks (advice courtesy of my ultra successful brown friend). Second, if he is getting a little out of line, and being immature, well, he's very young and has had a ton of success. I can't blame him too much for getting a little full of himself.

I don't read his blog, so I can't comment on whether or not he is too arrogant about his own play, but I will say two things. If you want to be a successful tournament player, you need to be confident, but also aware that you will always make mistakes, and that you should always be reviewing your play and looking for leaks (advice courtesy of my ultra successful brown friend). Second, if he is getting a little out of line, and being immature, well, he's very young and has had a ton of success. I can't blame him too much for getting a little full of himself.
It's not like I am offended by what he says, it is just when I read he gets eliminated on the first day of some tourney, because he limps in with a hand like 25HH, and flops a flush draw, and gets upset he doesn't go deep in every tournament he plays in...
To be fair, the 2h3h hand he busted on seems pretty standard. Once he limps that pot, he generally has to go broke in that situation.
I don't know about you Grinder, but in an unraised pot I feel pretty sick if I get allin with a draw. I know his results are much better than mine (obv), but he seems pretty donkalicious (l-i-c-i-o-u-s) to circuit players like yourself.
I don't know about you Grinder, but in an unraised pot I feel pretty sick if I get allin with a draw. I know his results are much better than mine (obv), but he seems pretty donkalicious to circuit players like yourself.
Well, I'm not a huge fan of his play but, he's not super deepstacked and he has a pretty big draw. I think what you might be underestimating is the amount that Robert Williamson will fold his hand here. I think Shannon finds a fold from R.W. a large % of the time and wins a large pot with no shwodown. It sounds like Shannon Shorr starts the hand with an M of 15-20 (I could be wrong here), so he's relatively shallow, and I don't think it's too bad of a play to get it all in here with the 23
Well, I'm not a huge fan of his play but, he's not super deepstacked and he has a pretty big draw. I think what you might be underestimating is the amount that Robert Williamson will fold his hand here. I think Shannon finds a fold from R.W. a large % of the time and wins a large pot with no shwodown. It sounds like Shannon Shorr starts the hand with an M of 15-20 (I could be wrong here), so he's relatively shallow, and I don't think it's too bad of a play to get it all in here with the 23
How about you don't play 23 in the first place!
but he seems pretty donkalicious (l-i-c-i-o-u-s) to circuit players like yourself.
loooool obv no offense grinder...I'm also laughing at the fact that someone that has said donkalicious twice in one thread thinks he can criticize shannon's game..
loooool obv no offense grinder...I'm also laughing at the fact that someone that has said donkalicious twice in one thread thinks he can criticize shannon's game..
How dare you?!!?!? Oh, who am I kidding, I can't stay mad at you :club:
The thing is, if you post this outrageous idea on his website, he will delete the comment. Pretends like he is a friggen Stalin (hates dissent).
LOL Bushaments :club: (You all heard about the fired Layers I suppose)
The thing is, if you post this outrageous idea on his website, he will delete the comment. Pretends like he is a friggen Stalin (hates dissent).
Wow, you're really upset over this. Did you ask him out and he said no? Like other people said, he's a very good tournament player. He made some pretty sick calls and moves last year to get the results he did.

I think one detail you are failing to see is his cash game results. While recently he has not had the solid tournament cashes, he has been doing rediculously well in 25 50 NLHE on Stars. He is not arrogant at all, and has even taken time out of his schedule to help me with my game. I go to University of Alabama where he used to attend and he set me up with a game there. He is a humble but confident guy. I am sure he is not a fluke and you will see him at final tables for years to come.