2015 Draft, Free Agency, Summer Trades

Let the games begin.

Here is something interesting..There are offers, but not sure they will trade that quality a player.

Coyotes GM Don Maloney says he's up to 4-5 "legitimate offers" for the No. 3 overall pick in the NHL Draft, with 3 to 4 more "tire-kickers."

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From warming the bench in the A to a 6-year deal for Devan. Amazing story. Congrats.

Burke calls Boston. "I hate offer sheets. Dont make me do it. Im going to give him 7million a year. How about I just give you a first, and 2 seconds, instead of #1,#2,#3. I did this with you guys+Ke

lol, Tim Murray didn't waste any time I love it. Is he on Mushrooms

If I was an NHL owner, and I actually believed what Maloney said, Id be asking my GM if he was one of the 7-9 teams, and if he wasn't, WHY THE FCK NOT?!?!!?

There is no way that only 9 teams max have interest in the 3rd overall pick, even enough to 'tire-kick'

My favourite line was from F1 commentator Murray Walker, when discussing the offseason. "Silly Season!"

So much bullsh$t being thrown around this week.

You are right but while every team woukd have interest but not willing or able to put together the package

You are right but while every team woukd have interest but not willing or able to put together the package

ya, but "tire-kick"

This isnt the AHL/Fantasy, I would assume most teams care enough to double check. :)

I'm sure every team has interest in the 3rd overall pick, but most aren't willing to offer what it would take to acquire it

ya, but "tire-kick"

This isnt the AHL/Fantasy, I would assume most teams care enough to double check. :)

Hey Maloney, Bowman here for the Hawks. What you need for that 3rd pick.

Hey Bowman, how about Saad, that Finnish kid Tevo or whatever his name is and your 1st round pick.

Good luck with your arena.

Hey Maloney, Bowman here for the Hawks. What you need for that 3rd pick.

Hey Bowman, how about Saad, that Finnish kid Tevo or whatever his name is and your 1st round pick.

Good luck with your arena.

Thats your "tire kick"

If what Maloney said is true about the number of teams who actually kicked the tires, then at least Bowman did his job.

You think he says the "good luck" with a smirk?

Thats your "tire kick"

If what Maloney said is true about the number of teams who actually kicked the tires, then at least Bowman did his job.

You think he says the "good luck" with a smirk?

with a Stanley Cup winner's shit eating grin

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 22m22 minutes ago

Trade interest in Boston's Dougie Hamilton is significant. Some see the Bruins offering Hamilton to Ariz for #3 pick. So much speculation.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 21m21 minutes ago

Boston-Arizona makes sense if the Bruins use the pick to draft Hanifin who is a local Boston boy.

Why would Boston trade a known Hamilton for an unknown Hanifin? I know they're in cap trouble but if Hamilton isn't someone you build your D around then I don't know who is.

Why would Boston trade a known Hamilton for an unknown Hanifin? I know they're in cap trouble but if Hamilton isn't someone you build your D around then I don't know who is.

teams have to make really difficult choices with a hard cap

I'm not saying that trading Hamilton is the right move but everything has to be considered in today's NHL

The unknown factor wtih Hamilton is how much he's going to cost. What if somebody signs him to an insane offer sheet ?

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 51m51 minutes ago

Most interesting thing I heard yesterday: Marc Savard contract could be in play w/Arizona trade for No. 3 pick. Coyotes need to take on $$$

teams have to make really difficult choices with a hard cap

I'm not saying that trading Hamilton is the right move but everything has to be considered in today's NHL

The unknown factor wtih Hamilton is how much he's going to cost. What if somebody signs him to an insane offer sheet ?

Oh for sure!

I think he's looking for $7+ per year.

I don't think there's any better situation for an offer sheet. The Oilers need a #1 dman and have had enough #1 picks the last few years. They should offer him $8 million per year and make it very difficult on the Bruins.

Oh for sure!

I think he's looking for $7+ per year.

I don't think there's any better situation for an offer sheet. The Oilers need a #1 dman and have had enough #1 picks the last few years. They should offer him $8 million per year and make it very difficult on the Bruins.

Isn't compensation at that price 5 1st rounders? Or is it 3

Just checked top tier is 4 first rounders. But that's at $9.1 million.

$7.3 to $9.1 is 2 firsts , second and a third

$5.4 to $7.3 is first,second,third

Maybe Hamilton falls into tier 3

Lehner to Buffalo is heating up. It looks like it might be Lehner and Legwand for a 1st...at least. Good move for Ottawa. Legwand is a salary dump.

Lehner to Buffalo is heating up. It looks like it might be Lehner and Legwand for a 1st...at least. Good move for Ottawa. Legwand is a salary dump.

ya, Bob pretty much confirmed it now. That is a very good trade for Ottawa, I like Lehner but getting #21 overall for a goalie is a nice move.

I'm pretty sure the Soderberg signing means the end of O'Reilly in Colorado.

If Sod is 4.75mil (something like that), how much more is OReilly asking for that they deemed OReilly not worth it? I would have thought 6mill gets Ryan O.

Or, they have a nice deal in place for OReilly with a good retuirn that works for them.

If Sod is 4.75mil (something like that), how much more is OReilly asking for that they deemed OReilly not worth it? I would have thought 6mill gets Ryan O.

Or, they have a nice deal in place for OReilly with a good retuirn that works for them.

Dont forget the offer sheet from Calgary drove up O'Reilly's price. I can't remember what it is but I think it's at least $6 million to resign him...probably $6+.