What Should They Play At The Horse Final Table

I understand those of you who feel they should play HORSE at the final table. However I have a better idea. If this is supposed to be the ultimate test of poker, why no have a mix of NLHE, PLO, and maybe even NL 2-7. This would cover all limit games, and no limit and pot limit. Then an "ultimate" champion would be crowned. The only game missing from the big game is 2-7 triple draw.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to play no limit 27 down to 6, pot limit omaha down to 3, and no limit hold'em down to the winner.

does doyle get to use his cane?
hang the wsop bracelet in the middle of the table and have a caged-ladder match

they are not playing HORSE becuase it would be WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to hard to explain the game to everyone that is watching. NLHE is fine with me because thats what most of the viewers who are going to be watching want. this will be one of the best final tables of all time IMHO.

They should play NL Go Fish or Pot Limit War.I'd bet on Doyle in the cage match free for all. Unless Jesus made the FT, he'd cut people's heads off with the cards.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to play no limit 27 down to 6, pot limit omaha down to 3, and no limit hold'em down to the winner.
I don't like that idea, but i really dont know why. I guess it seems a little too choppy if that makes any sense. I actually think NLHE is the best choice for the ft even though i know it is an unpopular thought here. I agree, i would love to see other games be played by the world's best on TV, and i am sick of seeing NLHE all the time, but i have read about an old tournament at the Orleans in Vegas, but i forget the name of it... I think it was called the Tournament of Champions but i could be wrong... But anyway this tournament was played in the same way, being horse til the final table then NLHE the rest of the way. This tournament was considered one of the most prestigious tourneys to win in the 90s however it was no longer held in the early 2000s. I think this IS the ultimate test of poker ability, and if it wasnt for every other tourney at this year's WSOP being NLHE i don't think anyone would have a problem with it.And if my reasons dont suit you, the players who played in this event all agreed that this format is the best test of poker ability, and it was not an idea of ESPN and the Rio.
they are not playing HORSE becuase it would be WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to hard to explain the game to everyone that is watching. NLHE is fine with me because thats what most of the viewers who are going to be watching want. this will be one of the best final tables of all time IMHO.
it will be great. unfortunately, i'm sure they'll try and cram it into a one hour, maybe maybe maybe two hour broadcast and we'll miss 95% of the hands. they need to start producing the "director's cut" of final tables for something like this so we can see the whole thing. i'd buy it.
clearly they should play the game that truly tests poker greatness... Blind man's bluff
Yeah, screw NLHE. I want Blind Mans Bluff!
honestly, I dont, and any other person with a brain for poker doesnt give a **** about all the donkies watching it at home. Unforetuneatly its because of those ****s that the WSOP is becoming the WSOH because all ESPN gives a **** about is ratings this and ratings that. Omaha 8 and Stud 8 are the only games of horse that havent been shown on TV, they arent that hard to ****ing understand, hard to learn, but not hard to understand. **** all the NL donkies at home watching TV, if they seriously wont be able to understand O8 or Stud8 they came go **** themselves.

How about they play NLHE at the start (to get things going), then switch over to NLHE for the middle stages, and then a final table of NLHE for the cameras. That's how you run a HORSE tourney. It has the added bonus that you don't even need to know how to play those other outdated games, just the cadillac of poker, no limit hold 'em.

How about they play NLHE at the start (to get things going), then switch over to NLHE for the middle stages, and then a final table of NLHE for the cameras. That's how you run a HORSE tourney. It has the added bonus that you don't even need to know how to play those other outdated games, just the cadillac of poker, no limit hold 'em.
you kow those TV watching donkies I was talking about?youre one of them

So if the tv watching donkeys understand NLHE then how come we see an explaination of hold'em and a hand rankings list on 9 out of 10 poker broadcasts?Though imagine ESPN trying to do that for HORSE. Assuming 2 minutes per game they'd turn then 15 minutes of actual poker content into 5.