2007 Wsop Event#24 Seven Card Stud Hi-low Split-8 Or Better

Daniel will be playing this event today, but will be arriving way late.Updates to follow - Daniel:7:20 PM - "Shockinh but true. I skipped the entire first and second level and started with 5710! Only cost me 290 in useless chips."7:25 PM - "At ny table: random central"8:40 PM - "Just lost a SICK pot 4 way action: A345J and spade sraw. No one was drawing low. One guy was drawing to 86. I caught a J 5 Q."9:07 PM - "6800. The play in this event is horrendeous"9:10 PM - "I raise with a 5. Ace calls.. Jack reraises with a pair!!!! Lol"9:11 PM - "8900"9:14 PM - "Half my table must think this is stud hi lol"9:11 PM - "Then I'm up against K5 and 9 10. Cap on 4 bet hard all the way. I started 2347... Made 2 7 and scooped lol"9:18 PM - "9350 on dinner break"9:47 PM - "On dinner break about 20 of us are meeting with a make a wish kid. Edog offers me a prop bet: next one to shuffle their chips loses $5000..."9:52 PM - "5 seconds later he explains the bet to Grinder and Grinder says what you mean shuffle? So Eric shows him! Lol"10:41 PM - "Back to the action. Now we have that bet three ways with Ivey and Edog"11:05 PM - "Ivey just shuffled his chips! Now he wants to do it for 100k. Erick and I are still on for 10. Up 15 so far"11:14 PM - "I'm playing super tight in this game. I get full value for good hands and they don't fold so bluffing is out of the question. ABC poker"11:24 PM - "There are two young asian guys at my table. That based on there play here. Totally debunks the sterotype that all asians are brilliant! Lol totally clueless."11:24 PM - "Never seen 9's up win so many pots"11:32 PM - "This is so hilarious I can't stop laughing lol."11:33 PM - "I raised with AA and the asian kid calls with an A. He catches an A..Q...K. I jokingly say he prolly caught aces and kings... He DID!!!!! LOL"11:54 PM - "13k just scooped a ridiculous pot. The only guy that belonged in the hand was the other good player with A2347. I scooped with A234677"12:08 AM - "These 2 asians dudes makes me LOL every hand!"12:09 AM - "they play like every hand (badly) and keep showing down 999... Or random full houses. Its classic, I'd totally pay to watch this. They are WINNING!"12:31 AM - "16200. Greatest game ever. Made a straight 6 and got paid all the way"12:35 AM - "If I played in this game 1000-2000 I'd make a million a week without breaking a sweat."12:37 AM - "15750 break time. Two more levels and were done. Good news is we don't rrdraw woohoo!!!!"12:53 AM - "This is such a special oppurtunity. I never have to steal a pot at all. Just totally wait on the absolute nuts and they draw dead anyway"1:16 AM - "With 14000 now"1:22 AM - "There is like 5 way action every hand. Just incredible! Lock the doors!!!!"1:43 AM - "Erick just asked if he could call the bet off. He must be getting antsy. I win for sure..."1:53 AM - "Just got scooped in another ridiculous hand drawing to A356 10 10. 8250"1:56 AM - "5350... Scooped again. So sick"2:10 AM - "4250 and the mouth just joined up with over 20k"2:17 AM - "2750. This game is insane and I can't win a pot"2:30 AM - "Mike showed up and now its the tightest game ever"2:35 AM - "5k. Chopped a 3 way pot with tweedle dee and ..."2:40 AM - "Scooped again! This is annoying now"2:41 AM - "Down to 1000 now"2:44 AM - "JUst went broke. 678...Q...J Q... Blank."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still at home and the tournament started an hour ago. I've probably lost like $100 in chips by now and "only" have about 5900 lol. I'm probably going to skip the first two levels that are a time waster and show up at around 7:15 if not 10:30pm. Worst structures in WSOP history...

Still at home and the tournament started an hour ago. I've probably lost like $100 in chips by now and "only" have about 5900 lol. I'm probably going to skip the first two levels that are a time waster and show up at around 7:15 if not 10:30pm. Worst structures in WSOP history...
Play some games at PokerStars in the meantime! :club:
I have never played a live stud tourney, so I will take you word that the structures are bad. The thing is, and even you have pointed this out Daniel, that you have no room to complain about the structures. You had the unique ability to control how the structures were set because you are on the players advisory council, and yet you did not bother to check if structures were good or not. I am a fan Daniel and I wish you nothing but the best of luck, but please stop complaining about the bad structures because the bad structures are, to a large part, your fault. To put it more simply, don't cry in your beer. Good luck though! I will be rooting for you.
I have never played a live stud tourney, so I will take you word that the structures are bad. The thing is, and even you have pointed this out Daniel, that you have no room to complain about the structures. You have the unique ability to control how the structures were set because you are on the players advisory council, and yet you did not bother to check if structures were good or not. I am a fan Daniel and I wish you nothing but the best of luck, but please stop complaining about the bad structures because the bad structures are, to a large part, your fault. To put it more simply, don't cry in your beer. Good luck though! I will be rooting for you.
he already said that in his blog and admitted he could have done alot more to avoid this problem with the structures, I hope he takes care of it next year.. hes a busy man tho cant do everything perfect I guess :club:
I have never played a live stud tourney, so I will take you word that the structures are bad. The thing is, and even you have pointed this out Daniel, that you have no room to complain about the structures. You have the unique ability to control how the structures were set because you are on the players advisory council, and yet you did not bother to check if structures were good or not. I am a fan Daniel and I wish you nothing but the best of luck, but please stop complaining about the bad structures because the bad structures are, to a large part, your fault. To put it more simply, don't cry in your beer. Good luck though! I will be rooting for you.
popcorn.gif
So you'll be down to like 5850 in chips by the time you get there. :club:
he already said that in his blog and admitted he could have done alot more to avoid this problem with the structures, I hope he takes care of it next year.. hes a busy man tho cant do everything perfect I guess :club:
I am not saying he should be perfect. He has complained endlessly about the structures. I am sure he has a point in that they are actually bad structures, but he had a chance to change them into better structures and he let that chance go by the wayside. So, he he no room to complain and he should not complain. He did admit his mistake and said he will not repeat it next year, which I give him credit for, but complaining each and every tournament about the bad structures gets really old really quickly when he is partly to blame for the bad structures. Admit your mistakes when you make them, which he did, explain why you think what you think and then let it go. He is just not letting it go.
I am not saying he should be perfect. He has complained endlessly about the structures. I am sure he has a point in that they are actually bad structures, but he had a chance to change them into better structures and he let that chance go by the wayside. So, he he no room to complain and he should not complain. He did admit his mistake and said he will not repeat it next year, which I give him credit for, but complaining each and every tournament about the bad structures gets really old really quickly when he is partly to blame for the bad structures. Admit your mistakes when you make them, which he did, explain why you think what you think and then let it go. He is just not letting it go.
Dude you're just echoing what Daniel said in his video blog.I think he is over complaining about it. He is just stating the obvious when he says it's a bad structure and he will wait longer before showing up.
Dude you're just echoing what Daniel said in his video blog.I think he is over complaining about it. He is just stating the obvious when he says it's a bad structure and he will wait longer before showing up.
I have no problem with him showing up late. It is his dime, so he can show up whenever he wants to. He is just complaining about the structures ever time he plays a limit event. I am just saying he shouldn't keep making the same complaint over and over again when he had the power to possibly change the thing he is complaining about.
I have no problem with him showing up late. It is his dime, so he can show up whenever he wants to. He is just complaining about the structures ever time he plays a limit event. I am just saying he shouldn't keep making the same complaint over and over again when he had the power to possibly change the thing he is complaining about.
Get a life!

The Mouth Sounding Off"I need my iPod if I'm gonna make it through the day," said Mike Matusow, referring to the slow pace of limit Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo.One of his neighbors wisely cracked back, "So will we."Mike actually left the table to drive home and pick up his iPod. :club: