Official New York Jets Thread

After going in with high expectations last year I don't expect much out of the Jets this year. I just hope to see progress and a step forward in the right direction.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they made a good pick with D'Brickshaw. He not only has the best name in the NFL, he also has skillZ.
I hope so. I was very happy when he was picked as this line hasn't been very good in recent years.
You suck. You a Dolphins or Pats fan?
Dolphins of course. (Since it seems to always slip right by people...the Cane in CaneBrain= Miami Hurricanes.)And I dont suck. I did however hear that Sports Illustrated has picked the Dolphins to go to the Super Bowl. Fantastic. They might as well just run over to Duante Culpepper's house and hit him in the knee with a pipe.
Dolphins of course. (Since it seems to always slip right by people...the Cane in CaneBrain= Miami Hurricanes.)And I dont suck. I did however hear that Sports Illustrated has picked the Dolphins to go to the Super Bowl. Fantastic. They might as well just run over to Duante Culpepper's house and hit him in the knee with a pipe.
Yeah...the Dolphins aren't going to the Super Bowl.

My favorite Jets Miami moment had to be in 2000 - Monday Night Football. Miami leading 30-7 at the start of the 4th quarter. Jets score 30-some points and take the win in overtime. That was a great game. I (my family) have had season tickets to the Jets since I was 6 years old. This would've been my 20th season had I not moved out of state. I hope to make it home for at least one game this year as I will miss it greatly. But I also do not have very high hopes for their season. Adding Dbrick was nice, but losing John Abraham was quite crappy.All I really want is for us to beat the dolphins in week 16 to eliminate their playoff hopes. That is a victory in and of itself!

My favorite Jets Miami moment had to be in 2000 - Monday Night Football. Miami leading 30-7 at the start of the 4th quarter. Jets score 30-some points and take the win in overtime. That was a great game. I (my family) have had season tickets to the Jets since I was 6 years old. This would've been my 20th season had I not moved out of state. I hope to make it home for at least one game this year as I will miss it greatly. But I also do not have very high hopes for their season. Adding Dbrick was nice, but losing John Abraham was quite crappy.All I really want is for us to beat the dolphins in week 16 to eliminate their playoff hopes. That is a victory in and of itself!
I was at that game in the 2nd row with a Sam Madison jersey on. Bite me.My favorite moment is when Dan Marino burned you with the fake spike. That was sweeeeet.

yeah, i dont think much is expected out of the Jets, but i think they need a new QB, Pennington is too fragile and when he plays i think hes a very weak player. Just my opinion, most Jets fans seem to like him idk

yeah, i dont think much is expected out of the Jets, but i think they need a new QB, Pennington is too fragile and when he plays i think hes a very weak player. Just my opinion, most Jets fans seem to like him idk
this jet fan can't wait to get rid of mrs. pennington.gonna be a rough season. but hopefully they take some steps in the right direction.
We'll have to wait and see. However, if he doesn't show some signs of the Pennington a few years ago we should definately give Clemens a shot.

I did like Pennington very much, and I supported him after the first big injury. But when he still didn't 'git er done' and then it happened again - I had enough. Time for a new 'franchise quarterback.'

Pennington has a ridiculously accurate arm, but even before he was drafted, scouts were leary about his arm strength and they were right.I think the Jets had one of the best drafts of any team in the NFL.

24/33, 319 yards, 2 TD's & 0 INT's.Hows that?
Nice start for Pennington! He now leads the league in passing. The defense was good as I expected. The fumble for the TD sucked, but what can you do? They won. However, what the hell was up with Nugent? He missed an extra point and a couple of 30 yard field goals. He almost cost us the game.The Jets are going to be a lot better than people think.

Nugent seriously needs to get his act togther. A 2nd round draft pick should not miss those kicks. He was pretty lousy last year as well.Pennington looked really good this week but they are going to play some much better defenses in the coming weeks.

Although Pennington played great Sunday I think that this is the weekend we find out what he's about. The Titans are too bad to know if the Pennington of old is back for certainty.

Well...at least we gave the Patriots a run for their money. There just wasn't enough time left on the clock.