30-1 on the flop (no joke)

FCP 10 handedRISE is MP1 with A :D Q :D PF: UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 calls, RISE 3-bets, MP2 caps, MP3 calls, 3 folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, RISE callsFlop:(29 SB) 2 :) 5 :club: 6 :D SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, RISE....umm...ok on this call I'm getting 30-1. I'm pretty sure it'll get raised behind me, but even so I'm getting insane amount of odds. All i really have is a backdoor flush draw and 2 overs which don't look very clean. ideas?

Fold. Even if you pair up, you might be looking at trips. What if your A or Q hits and you get played back at? At this point in the hand you become a calling station. AQ cant handle this kind of multi-way action.

Aren't these odds way to good to not call any flop bets, then any river bets if the turn is good for you? Especially if you hit a club on the turn? I imagine with these odds that your opponents will call down as well making the pot even juicier. I know I would. I am a huge fish though and a sucker for logshots in huge pots!

Aren't these odds way to good to not call any flop bets, then any river bets if the turn is good for you? Especially if you hit a club on the turn? I imagine with these odds that your opponents will call down as well making the pot even juicier. I know I would. I am a huge fish though and a sucker for logshots in huge pots!
Hell, go for it! lol
you are 53/1 to hit runner runner clubs. ASSUMING that pairing the board doesnt have you drawing dead...FOLD!
something more like 24:1 I think.Also their is a chance that either our A, Q or both are good here. I call and probly call up to 2 more back to me.

ok that leads me to my next question:if we call and get raised, how many bets back to us are we calling?Obviously one bet back to us we are, but are we calling two? we can't call three can we?

I'd give 1.5 outs for the overcards (1 for the A, 0.5 for the Q), but I don't know how valid that is. With three outs this is a call, even given the possibility of a check-raise.I'm seriously wondering if the overcards are worth any outs, though, which makes the flop call a lot closer at an aggressive table.

ok that leads me to my next question:if we call and get raised, how many bets back to us are we calling?Obviously one bet back to us we are, but are we calling two? we can't call three can we?
Well, being I'm a nut i would plan to call all bets...and if I assume I will be calling 4 from other raises, I'll just go ahead and throw a raise in myself to make the action go faster.
Well, being I'm a nut i would plan to call all bets...and if I assume I will be calling 4 from other raises, I'll just go ahead and throw a raise in myself to make the action go faster.
You are being a nut. I really don't want to call 3 back to me. 2 back to me is borderline, I think. I guess it depends on where the raises come from and who else has called them as to what kind of odds I'm getting, but calling 3 back with nothing but a runner runner flush draw (if it's capped I'm assuming none of my overcard outs are clean, maybe .5 for the A) would suck major balls.
You are being a nut. I really don't want to call 3 back to me. 2 back to me is borderline' date=' I think.
Embrace Nutiness! I'm probably wrong but I can't let go of the strong impression i got from SSHE that it's a bigger mistake to fold a big pot that you have even a small shot at. It seems like we have a lot of outs on the turn that make pretty much any river call worth of what the pot will be by then. Even if you forget about the AQ outs we've got most of the clubs (- 5 and 6) and the non diamond 3 and 4's give us outs to a straight right? admitidly the straight will lose often but how often does it have to win at SD to make calling down that monster pot worth it?Like I said I admitedly suck and am just trying to learn. Thanks
You are being a nut. I really don't want to call 3 back to me. 2 back to me is borderline' date=' I think.
Embrace Nutiness! I'm probably wrong but I can't let go of the strong impression i got from SSHE that it's a bigger mistake to fold a big pot that you have even a small shot at. It seems like we have a lot of outs on the turn that make pretty much any river call worth of what the pot will be by then. Even if you forget about the AQ outs we've got most of the clubs (- 5 and 6) and the non diamond 3 and 4's give us outs to a straight right? admitidly the straight will lose often but how often does it have to win at SD to make calling down that monster pot worth it?Like I said I admitedly suck and am just trying to learn. Thanks
Excuese double post...not sure how that happened :club:
the server's being gay. happened to me too. Yes, generally, you should not fold in big pots when you still might have a chance to win. Yes, this does qualify as a big pot. But if it's capped and we only have our bd flush draw, we only have between a 3% and 5% chance to win. If it's 3 bets back to me that means the pot has to be about 60 bets in order for me to call with correct odds, which, while not impossible (especially considering the table) is highly unlikely. Even factoring in implied odds (which I won't get to til the river, beacause I won't know if I make my flush til the river) it's tough to get those kinds of odds.I think I just talked myself into calling 2 back to me with the odds, though.
I think I just talked myself into calling 2 back to me with the odds, though.
HA!You didn't mention the backdoor outs to a straight too. I can't get you to commit that last bet based on those 4 extra outs?
HA!You didn't mention the backdoor outs to a straight too. I can't get you to commit that last bet based on those 4 extra outs?
that gives me about 1 more out, not 4. it's a backdoor not a gutshot. and often if I hit it, im splitting with another A if not losing to a bigger straight. I'll give it .5 outs. along with 1 out for my bd flush, that's 1.5. I think you can give me maybe .5 - 1 out for my overs, making it about 2 to 2.5 outs. I'm needing about 10-1 to call a cap. weird, the first time I ran some hands through an odds calculator it gave me 3-5% max. coming up with my own odds i get about 8 - 10%. so getting 10-1 to call three already I could mathematically call 3 back to me. I just dont think this situation comes up enough for the odds to even themselves out in the long run. Or, rather, I just dont like calling 4 bets when I'm this far behind. But god, the pot is huge.

Ummmm.. :oops: true... I often miss the straight on the board! That definitley takes a little of the wind out of my sails. I suppose calling back 3 would be ill advised in this case. Rise <- Smart 8) POTU <- Stooooopid :oops:

dude youre not dumb. I completely missed the straight on the board too. assuming it doesnt give someone a higher straight.ok so no outs for the straight, 1 for the bd flush. .5 for the overs. if its capped i'm rarely looking at KK and QQ with A outs live, but sometimes I am. most of the time its a set and/or AA tho.That's 1.5 outs, giving me about 6% equity, which means I'd need about 20-1 to call a cap. so it'd have to be about 60 bets.Like i said before.you know what, my head hurts. :oops: