Anyone Here Play In The Bike's Nooner Tournaments?

how are they and what are the starting chip amounts/blinds? no matter what im playing in this tourney this friday. i won a bet and this is what i get for it. we are playing the 12pm one bc i think they call the 7 pm one nooner aswell. thanks for the help

I don't get much chance to play during the day, but I have played them in the past. Prepare for VERY loose play and a lot of rebuys. They don't give you enough chips, but you can buy more. The last time I played, I think rebuys were only $10, or a double for $20. A lot of people take a double at the start. After the rebuys end, the play becomes like a normal tournament, but the levels go up too fast. Good luck.

I don't get much chance to play during the day, but I have played them in the past. Prepare for VERY loose play and a lot of rebuys. They don't give you enough chips, but you can buy more. The last time I played, I think rebuys were only $10, or a double for $20. A lot of people take a double at the start. After the rebuys end, the play becomes like a normal tournament, but the levels go up too fast. Good luck.
You're thinking of Hollywood Park. tHe Bike is a freeze-out. The Bike's nooner levels are as follows with each level being 20 minutes each.Start with 800 in chips5-10 10-15 15-25 10 minute break25-50 50-100 75-150 10 minute break100-200 100-200 25 ante 200-400 20 ante10 minute break300-600 100 ante500-1000 200 ante800-1600 300 ante1000-2000 300 ante10 minute breaklevels will be raised every 20 minutes after that.It is a fast tourny and very loose. Good luck and tale it down!

well i didnt even come close to cashing in this one. i was just too card dead. only picked up 3 hands that were won at the showdown everyother pot was a small steal. my friend had it worse when another player pushed all in with 75os and he called with the AKos only to end his tourney when the player hit a flush. there was a huge outcome for this tourney. they had 16 tables going and i think 1st got alittle over $2000 for a 6 hour tourney. i heard from a player and dealer that Dutch Boyd played in this same $40 tourney earlier in the week. i didnt hear how he did but im sure having him at ur table would bring the action. good luck to anyone that plays in this one and ill be back.....

The Nooner's last around 4-5 hours usually ending sometime after 5pm. I play in them 2 or 3 times a week ever since they got rid of the rebuy (thank God).Sorry this is a little long but here's a recap of my experience from Monday October 23, 2006 also known as... The Day Dutch Boyd Played A $40 NOONER Tourney At The BikeTable 9: I'm sitting right next to the girl (she was also with some young Hollywood actress, looks familiar but don't know here name) that had bought Dutch's entry into the nooner. The girl says she's from Vegas. During the 5-10 level she gets a phone call and starts to give directions... "head down the 710 exit Florence..." 30 minutes later Dutch walks up to our table and she hands him his entry receipt. He tells her thanks for buying his seat for him. He goes and sits down at table 4 seat number 7, no more than 10 minutes later my table gets broken and I get moved to seat 1 at his table.From what I saw Dutch played a surprisingly tight game, only showing down pocket pairs. He had a short stack at the table for quite a while with 6 full tables still playing. He triples up and is sitting pretty to cruise to the final 3 tables. He talked ALOT during hands he was in, for example; while there was still action ahead of him with three cards to the flush on the board, he shows a card and says he has the flush and is reprimanded by the dealer and almost given a penalty. Later he shoved pre flop all in and said "I get lucky with this hand sometimes" getting called by some "stoned" dude that had Dutch out chipped with 6s 4s, seriously this guy smelled like a large bag of weed, Dutch's hand holds up winning with QQ. Dutch's table talk reminded me of Jamie Gold's WSOP ESPN coverage, one difference being he didn't come across like a dlck like Gold did. While we were playing he was asked by another player why he was in a $40 tourney, I didn't hear his response but he motioned towards the girls. I did hear him mention he was playing cash games at the Commerce.We are now down to 4 tables and needless to say I busted out before him and left shortly thereafter but like I said he had plenty of chips to get him to at-least the final 3 tables without having to play a hand. Both of the girls he was with had busted out and were railing/watching him from one table over that was empty.That's it, regardless of how people feel about the guy he was pretty cool at the table and didn't have an attitude. It's pretty funny/bizarre to play with any pro for that matter in a $40 tourney. Slummin' it with the common folk!Here's the break down of the Nooner structure:49bhchj.jpg