I'm not one to complain but I'm looking for someone to either 1. give me some sympathy or 2. rip my play to shreds Pot limitI get AAxx 4 players see a flopFlop 94A rainbow2 checks, guy to my right bets $40I raise the pot, he callsJ (two diamonds on board)he checks I raise pot8d on the end he checks I raise he calls and get beat by a 3599 two diamonds. loosing $200 on the hand.This probably isn't that unusual but I'm new to omaha and wanted to know if I'm the idiot or/and he's just lucky etc... what would anyone else do different?

backdoor draws happen, what were your other two cards. Yo needed to bet the pot right off the bat instead FPS took over. Bet the pot on the turn too. The other two cards matter, because two aces are a holdem players trap in this game as you will lose more money than you can think with them because many holdem players over play them

i think you played it fine except for the river. check the river.even heads-up, if the river completes a potential flush and you don't have one, be cautious.aseem

Think my other two cards were J8 mabee 2 clubs. thats why I was carefull preflop, was only really playing the 2 aces. Flop was superb and I did bet the the pot on both the flop and turn basically had to stick what I had left (not much) in on the end to try to represent the half decent flush to mabee push him off his 9 high. I don't think there was much else I could do these things just happen. Lesson learned! :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not one to complain but I'm looking for someone to either 1. give me some sympathy or 2. rip my play to shreds Pot limitI get AAxx 4 players see a flopFlop 94A rainbow2 checks, guy to my right bets $40I raise the pot, he callsJ (two diamonds on board)he checks I raise pot8d on the end he checks I raise he calls and get beat by a 3599 two diamonds. loosing $200 on the hand.This probably isn't that unusual but I'm new to omaha and wanted to know if I'm the idiot or/and he's just lucky etc... what would anyone else do different?
You didn't say how much you bet on the river. A bet there isn't too bad, but definitely not the pot. The river bet should be a fairly small value bet (if you do want to bet) that can be called by a hand like two pair or a smaller set. I probably check because he could have hit a gutshot straight or the flush. But, you didn't make any glaring mistakes; you just got plain unlucky.