official "usc will destroy texas" thread

I know most intelligent people will think that this is as secure as W over Kerry, but in case you live in myopiaville. SC by 7 is a lock.The Longhorns are a great team, but they have beat Ohio State and nobody else. SC have beat 4 ranked teams and they stuffed one of the best offenses in the nation, UCLA. 35-21 USC with Reggie getting 250-300 all purpose yards.Erik

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC gets turned away in their quest for their second straight national title. Texas by 10.
want to make a wager?? or are you going to wait until the game is over so you can offer me a wager? hahayou're a jopke. you could never put your money where your mouth is..it's probably not that much anyways teneight

I'll be honest...I don't know. In my ESPN confidence pool, I have 6 on Texas.Partly because I AM slightly rooting for them, and partly because I know everyone will pick USC.Not sure, I was very impressed with Texas winning at the horseshoe (OSU). As for USC, we know they're great, but who have they beaten????? And don't mention ND, they shouldn't be in a BCS bowl.So it's hard to compare quality wins, because no one sizes up to these 2.....at least it is THE game we all want to see.[/b]

I'll take Texas, and the 7 points, for a friendly $5 wager, to be paid on partypoker.We get a private limit table, and the loser will 3-bet PF and fold to a cap until $5 is paid. No flop, no drop, so it's rake free.Who'll be the first and only taker?

koop, would you like to put a wager on that???? thats what i thought, you little girl!fight on sc!
I already have a wager with Ron Mexico on it...so EAT THAT SH*T, B*TCH!!seriously though, Texas wins by 10....no second national title in a row for USC...too bad.Also, it is funny that there are a lot of other people on this thread/forum who think Texas will win, and probably many of then WOULD make a wager for money on it. However, since you and teneight KNOW FOR A FACT that I don't gamble money on sports, you instead only come up to me and ask if I want to put money on it. Why don't you ask the other people on this thread who think Texas is going to win if THEY want to put money on it?? I think it is because you two are just making empty threats again....go ask them to make a gamble for money with you....you scared of them!?!?!? I think you both are scared....
koop, would you like to put a wager on that???? thats what i thought, you little girl!fight on sc!
I already have a wager with Ron Mexico on it...so EAT THAT SH*T, B*TCH!!seriously though, Texas wins by 10....no second national title in a row for USC...too bad.Also, it is funny that there are a lot of other people on this thread/forum who think Texas will win, and probably many of then WOULD make a wager for money on it. However, since you and teneight KNOW FOR A FACT that I don't gamble money on sports, you instead only come up to me and ask if I want to put money on it. Why don't you ask the other people on this thread who think Texas is going to win if THEY want to put money on it?? I think it is because you two are just making empty threats again....go ask them to make a gamble for money with you....you scared of them!?!?!? I think you both are scared....
I dont know, I dont think Texas has a good enough defense too stop USC. Texas offense will not be able to outscore USC either. Remember, if it hadnt been for OSU's coach (Jim Tressel) OSU or Penn st. would be playing in the Rose bowl. :club:
I dont know, I dont think Texas has a good enough defense too stop USC. Texas offense will not be able to outscore USC either. Remember, if it hadnt been for OSU's coach (Jim Tressel) OSU or Penn st. would be playing in the Rose bowl. :club:
and if it hadn't been for the officals misspotting the ball on the last play and Matt Leinart being BLATANTLY ILLEGALLY pushed into the end zone on the last play....USC might not be there either. :D Also, you say Texas's offense won't be able to keep up with USC....what is it about their FIFTY points per game that makes you think that, exactly???Also, you say Texas doesn't have a good enough defense to stop USC. Well, noone is going to "stop" them, but they'll contain them enough to win, Texas' D only gave up 14 a game, USC gave up 21 a game. Offenses are pretty equal, maybe a slight edge to USC, but Texas defense is WAY better than USC's...see the USC vs. Fresno St. game as an example..USC's defense looked like toilet paper, and USC BARELY won that game despite, I believe it was four, gift INT's thrown by the Fresno St. QB...thrown right at the USC DB's. Texas will score 77 on USC if USC plays D like that. I expect USC's D to play better than that, but not good enough. Texas by 10. No second national title in a row for USC.

For all this talk about gamblin' y'all suuuuuuuure sound reluctant to put a measley 5 bucks on SC from an account y'all surely have with Partypoker...Come ooooooon... look at USC's offense! They have REGGIE BUSH! They absolutely light up nothing defenses in the PAC-10, the WORST CONFERENCE IN FOOTBALL!I wanna see you "true west coast football fans." Put 5 bucks on YOUR BOYS at SC and lay the 7 points.I laughed uproariously at that statement. No greater oxymoron in the history of college football.

USC gets turned away in their quest for their second straight national title. Texas by 10.
fyp
No, I was right the first time. Tell me, two years ago, who played in the BCS title game, and who won that game??? That's right, quit denying history, the winner of the BCS national title game is the champion. Please answer my question.
For all this talk about gamblin' y'all suuuuuuuure sound reluctant to put a measley 5 bucks on SC from an account y'all surely have with Partypoker...Come ooooooon... look at USC's offense! They have REGGIE BUSH! They absolutely light up nothing defenses in the PAC-10, the WORST CONFERENCE IN FOOTBALL!I wanna see you "true west coast football fans." Put 5 bucks on YOUR BOYS at SC and lay the 7 points.I laughed uproariously at that statement. No greater oxymoron in the history of college football.
well that's funny, because a lot of people come to me and tell me I'm a "pussy" for not putting my "money where my mouth is on this game," I thought SURELY teneight and checkraise would be foaming at the mouth to bet with you and other people. I guess that's just not the case, I guess they are afraid after all.

As deluded as you are about Alabama, I'm at least glad that you understand the good ol' kuntreh boys in Texas are going to tell Matt "Golden Boy" Leinart where he can shove his All-Abercrombie metrosexual offense.What's the story on Demeco, by the way? I heard he got hurt... I had big plans for him in the NFL.

well that's funny, because a lot of people come to me and tell me I'm a "censored" for not putting my "money where my mouth is on this game," I thought SURELY teneight and checkraise would be foaming at the mouth to bet with you and other people. I guess that's just not the case, I guess they are afraid after all.
im not from california, but ill take the bet just to get you guys to shut up.the real reason no ones taking it is because 5 dollars isnt worth our time.better yet, heres another proposal. lets bet 25 on the plus 7 line, plus another dollar for every point over or under.ex. texas 35 usc 21- you win 46.let me know.
As deluded as you are about Alabama, I'm at least glad that you understand the good ol' kuntreh boys in Texas are going to tell Matt "Golden Boy" Leinart where he can shove his All-Abercrombie metrosexual offense.What's the story on Demeco, by the way? I heard he got hurt... I had big plans for him in the NFL.
As "deluded" as I am about Alabama?? We were supposed to be a 7 win team at best, and I said before the season started that I thought we'd be a very good team and be a surprise to a lot of people...and we were #3 in the nation for a while, and we ended 9-2 and in the Cotton Bowl. What is "deluded" about that? Also, how many national titles does Texas have??? Because Alabama has AT LEAST 12 (some argue more). I think Texas is going to win, but try not to get too far ahead of yourself....their program ain't that great.Also, I have heard nothing about Demeco getting hurt..where have you heard this? We did have a DB ruled academically ineligible, but I don't recall hearing Ryans getting hurt, but maybe I missed something. Anyways, regardless, he will be a very good LB in the NFL in a couple years.

I'm just a c0cky kid with a dream, who doesn't have a lot of money, and feels strongly about Texas.What's your party poker screen name and your AIM screen name? PM it to me. I'm DrTJEckleburg11 on AIM and TJEckleburg on Partypoker.

and if it hadn't been for the officals misspotting the ball on the last play and Matt Leinart being BLATANTLY ILLEGALLY pushed into the end zone on the last play....USC might not be there either. :D Also, you say Texas's offense won't be able to keep up with USC....what is it about their FIFTY points per game that makes you think that, exactly???Also, you say Texas doesn't have a good enough defense to stop USC. Well, noone is going to "stop" them, but they'll contain them enough to win, Texas' D only gave up 14 a game, USC gave up 21 a game. Offenses are pretty equal, maybe a slight edge to USC, but Texas defense is WAY better than USC's...see the USC vs. Fresno St. game as an example..USC's defense looked like toilet paper, and USC BARELY won that game despite, I believe it was four, gift INT's thrown by the Fresno St. QB...thrown right at the USC DB's. Texas will score 77 on USC if USC plays D like that. I expect USC's D to play better than that, but not good enough. Texas by 10. No second national title in a row for USC.
Hate to be the one to tell ya: SCOREUSC: 27Texas: 21