Help With This Hand

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($57.66)BB ($27.42)UTG ($25.03)MP ($25.58)CO ($25.96)Button ($60.81)Preflop: Hero is SB with Qdiamond.gif, Jclub.gif, Qspade.gif, 8spade.gifUTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Button calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checksFlop: ($1) Qclub.gif, 6club.gif, 4spade.gif(4 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checksTurn: ($1) Kspade.gif(4 players)Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $3.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.45River: ($7.40) 6diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $7.04, Hero calls $7.04Total pot: $21.48 | Rake: $1.05Pretty new to omaha so I'm not sure if I should be raising preflop or limping.Also should I be betting this flop or is checking acceptable.

I'm relatively new to playing Omaha as well so take anything I say lightly. I also play full ring.I think limping in the sb is ok because you're going to be out of position for the hand and there will be an awful lot of flops that will look bad and it will be difficult to lead or check call on the flop. I think when you hit top set here you should be betting the flop both to get value and protect your hand. I would go ahead and bet the turn as well and then call his raise and check call on river.

I don't play much PLO either so I'm going to more question things than offer advice.On the turn you have the second nuts with QQ and you have a redraw to the spade flush. Why didn't you get all the money in on the turn ?

I'm not a PLO wizard or anything like some guys on here. But, in my opinion you should be betting the flop, and shipping turn after the raise. I generally see people play KKxx pretty aggressively pf, so I don't think it's likely that hand is in villains range.Like I said though, probably best to wait to see what the better PLO players on here say.

I'm not a PLO wizard or anything like some guys on here. But, in my opinion you should be betting the flop, and shipping turn after the raise. I generally see people play KKxx pretty aggressively pf, so I don't think it's likely that hand is in villains range.Like I said though, probably best to wait to see what the better PLO players on here say.
+1You should bet the flop on a flop like that 100% of the time, I believe.

Riase pre-flop. IMO QQXX will play best in a raised pot vs (hopefully) 1 villain. Plus if they limp/fold a bunch, ez gameAs played pot the flop 100%I'm getting it in on the turn as well.

The only hand you're worrying about on the turn is KK, and you have spades to go with your set. I much prefer raising turn. If a 10,j,a or club fall on river it gets weird. .25 omaha you see some bigger hands getting limped, so if you're coolered by the kk, that's just the breaks, but you get value here too much to just flat, especially oop.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fine limping preflop. It really can go either way, just depends how fishy they all are.On flop, once again, it depends on the players. If you have someone willing to raise draws in the past, you should be leading. If you have someone that will bet the draws when checked to, its fine to go for a c/r there. .On turn, get it in. Even if he has KK, you still have redraw so you aren't going to be dead (unless he has a better spade redraw).As played, just call river. You will hardly ever run into worse here that will call.

• 1 year later...

I would only be raising the most premium queens from the small blind in a multiple way limped pot. These queens are alright but I would definitely just take a flop here. Anytime we see a limped flop with many players I would highly recommend leading out for close to full pot. Build a pot and protect your hand, these kind of flops in particular where there are flush and straight draws but it is also hard for hands to hit the flop huge (partially connected boards connecting with 1 or 2 gaps in the bottom of the deck) are very likely to be checked around in a limped pot.