Athiest Billboard

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This holiday:Atheist donated $20,000 to place a sign up.Christians donated $mm to feed the poorWe win again.and the number of atheist not taking Christmas day off....zero

This holiday:Atheist donated $20,000 to place a sign up.Christians donated $mm to feed the poorWe win again.and the number of atheist not taking Christmas day off....zero
umm, the Catholics spent 20K to put up a sign simply to respond to atheists.

from Herman Mehta, the friendly athiest.The atheist billboard is far from negative. It’s a call for honesty and an urging for atheists to come out of the closet.If your sensibilities are “assaulted” by a sign that simply points out that your beliefs are a myth, I don’t know how you get through the day. You might disagree, but that should be the extent of your concern.Meanwhile, the Catholic League billboard tells Christians nothing they haven’t heard before. Maybe some of them will smile as they see it, but it’s not going to have a long-lasting effect.One bright side to the new billboard: It will ensure that AA’s president Dave Silverman remains in the media spotlight for another day or two as he gets inundated with interview requests. So, thanks for that, Bill

The atheist billboard is...a call for honesty and an urging for atheists to come out of the closet.Meanwhile, the Catholic League billboard tells Christians nothing they haven’t heard before...it’s not going to have a long-lasting effect.
Really? I mean...really?dg701s.jpg

The Atheists that did that are idiots.Let the religious people be outlandish and outspoken. All the while they know we are sitting there being smug and have so many reasons to prove that they are just hanging onto something that is outdated and lets them ignore reality by pretending it wil alll better afterwards. I prefer my quiet arrogance than assholes putting up signs like that and do not expect adds like this from most atheists....ohhhh, they're Americans.

The Atheists that did that are idiots.Let the religious people be outlandish and outspoken. All the while they know we are sitting there being smug and have so many reasons to prove that they are just hanging onto something that is outdated and lets them ignore reality by pretending it wil alll better afterwards. I prefer my quiet arrogance than assholes putting up signs like that and do not expect adds like this from most atheists....ohhhh, they're Americans.
I think we've let the religious view dominate the public view long enough. I think its time for people to start feeling comfortable saying what they really think about religion. This quote gets to the heart of the problem: "I'm not Hindu, I'm not Buddhist, I'm not Jewish but I wouldn't go around denigrating other people's religions and their gods," he said. "[silverman] ought to respect our religion. He doesn't have to join it."There is absolutely no reason that all beliefs deserve "respect", no matter how ridiculous and wrong they are. Do we have to respect Naziism, Astrology, Balloon Guy and UFO cults too?
I think we've let the religious view dominate the public view long enough. I think its time for people to start feeling comfortable saying what they really think about religion. This quote gets to the heart of the problem: "I'm not Hindu, I'm not Buddhist, I'm not Jewish but I wouldn't go around denigrating other people's religions and their gods," he said. "[silverman] ought to respect our religion. He doesn't have to join it."There is absolutely no reason that all beliefs deserve "respect", no matter how ridiculous and wrong they are. Do we have to respect Naziism, Astrology, Balloon Guy and UFO cults too?
You have to respect my raises.But I fear you have opened a Pandora's box. I can see the Catholic league retaliating to this attack on their beliefs to coincide with one of their holiest holidays.Watch for an equally offensive add near April 1st for the response.Something like: "Being a fool doesn't mean you have to buy the lie of evolution."
from Herman Mehta, the friendly athiest.The atheist billboard is far from negative. It’s a call for honesty and an urging for atheists to come out of the closet.If your sensibilities are “assaulted” by a sign that simply points out that your beliefs are a myth, I don’t know how you get through the day. You might disagree, but that should be the extent of your concern.Meanwhile, the Catholic League billboard tells Christians nothing they haven’t heard before. Maybe some of them will smile as they see it, but it’s not going to have a long-lasting effect.One bright side to the new billboard: It will ensure that AA’s president Dave Silverman remains in the media spotlight for another day or two as he gets inundated with interview requests. So, thanks for that, Bill
This line is funny, you admit that atheist are lying cowards, while asking them to defy their nature.It's better if they just stay the tiny 1% of the population all alone with their little whiny messages.They venture out into the real world and people see them for the parasites that feed of civilizations founded on Christians ideals that they are, the public may not be so willing to coddle their sensitive little feelings.

Not really on board with this one... I agree that encouraging those with a lack of belief to speak up is a worthwile cause, but how does this exactly accomplish that? This seems like an excuse to take a swipe at Christians and Christmas, which just seems like a waste of time to me.Spending 20K on something like this is a money burn.Luckily, Bill Donahue stepped in, so the bigger ******* is once again on the side of religion... that was close.

They venture out into the real world and people see them for the parasites that feed of civilizations founded on Christians ideals that they are, the public may not be so willing to coddle their sensitive little feelings.
Do you remember from history when Constantine converted and he demolished the whole empire, destroyed all the books, and civilization started from scratch again?
Do you remember from history when Constantine converted and he demolished the whole empire, destroyed all the books, and civilization started from scratch again?
Good times.....Remember when Pol Pot had everyone with reading glasses killed because they were too smart and wouldn't conform to his version of communism?
Guess I am in good company
Not really on board with this one... I agree that encouraging those with a lack of belief to speak up is a worthwile cause, but how does this exactly accomplish that? This seems like an excuse to take a swipe at Christians and Christmas, which just seems like a waste of time to me.Spending 20K on something like this is a money burn.Luckily, Bill Donahue stepped in, so the bigger ******* is once again on the side of religion... that was close.
But taking swipes at christianity is exactly what needs to happen. The same way we need to take swipes at the KKK and other groups who spread harmful ideas.
Good times.....Remember when Pol Pot had everyone with reading glasses killed because they were too smart and wouldn't conform to his version of communism?
I don't know how this relates to my post.I think you're just saying (again): Communism is bad. Communists are atheists. Therefore, atheism is bad.Am I wrong? Is there something deeper?My point is this:Christian culture was built on the advances of heathen culture. Still, I don't think calling the Christians "parasites that feed of civilizations founded on [heathen] ideals" is a fair criticism. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a good idea even if the people saying it live in houses built with the heathens' arches.Likewise, atheists living in a society built by Christians aren't being hypocritical or ironic.
Something like: "Being a fool doesn't mean you have to buy the lie of evolution."
Heh...BG still doesn't believe in evolution. Or, he only believes in microevolution. Giggle.I don't see much point in the billboard.
But taking swipes at christianity is exactly what needs to happen. The same way we need to take swipes at the KKK and other groups who spread harmful ideas.
Which ideas were those?The "Do unto others as you would have done unto you?"Or the "Visit widows and orphans in their distress"or the ones about not lying, stealing bearing false witness or cheating on your spouse?Maybe you mean the one about obeying those placed in authority above you and paying your taxes, praying for the leaders of your country?Of course you could also mean the one about feeding the poor, clothing the cold, treating the sick.There is a remote chance you mean the one where you kill all those who disagree with you..oh wait, that's a trade mark of the communist atheist religion.I guess the whole grouping the Judeo-Christian model of morality with the KKK threw me..could you be a little more clear without admitting that your side's sins are 100 times worse than mine?
I don't know how this relates to my post.I think you're just saying (again): Communism is bad. Communists are atheists. Therefore, atheism is bad.Am I wrong? Is there something deeper?My point is this:Christian culture was built on the advances of heathen culture. Still, I don't think calling the Christians "parasites that feed of civilizations founded on [heathen] ideals" is a fair criticism. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a good idea even if the people saying it live in houses built with the heathens' arches.Likewise, atheists living in a society built by Christians aren't being hypocritical or ironic.
The problem you have with this is that:A. It's not true as proved through history, Christianity was a radical new idea that sprung up completely formed and established, just as it would if it's source was Divine.B. you are trying to turn around the reality that all forms of government founded on atheism are guilty of mass murders by the millions.The original point you made was another falsehood about history. Constantine didn't 'destroy the empire' because he converted, he was in the process of losing it all anyway and the 'dream' and following battle gave him the ability to reform things to consolidate power in another city, because he was losing Rome anyway.But since you took a fast and loose interpretation of history, I felt justified in doing the same.As I do every time someone pulls that intellectually lazy attempt to pretend Christianity isn't the best thing that civilization has ever seen.