General Flush Question.

Hi again, i would like you to answer this question so i can work better these type of hands...Lets say you have... 93, the blind is short so you call it easy...Flop24QSo, you have 4 out of 5 cards to make a flush... what do you guys do?By myself i normally check at the flop and in the turn (if there's not a flush) i bet, else, check.What do you guys do? do you bet enormous at flop? or make check until you make the flush.

depends on position and stack sizes and how many villains are in the hand, i mean unless we are calling the sb multiway or checking bb we should never have this weak a hand to begin with imo

Hi again, i would like you to answer this question so i can work better these type of hands...Lets say you have... 93, the blind is short so you call it easy...Flop24QSo, you have 4 out of 5 cards to make a flush... what do you guys do?By myself i normally check at the flop and in the turn (if there's not a flush) i bet, else, check.What do you guys do? do you bet enormous at flop? or make check until you make the flush.
i just reread this and that part makes no sense, we have a crap hand pre and v is short, we want villain to have chips to pay off if we play draws. ugh i have a feeling this is going south quickly

I will answer your question with a parable of sorts. Tell me what you do here in this situation? You get dealt (blank) and their is a raise of 3x the bb in Early position. The raise represents about 2% of your stack. Another player in the Cut off position calls and you call as well. The flop comes....Jclubs 10diamonds 3clubsThe initial raiser bets about half the pot and the middle player folds. The action is up to you. Considering your opponent is a standard tight aggressive player...what range of hands do you think he has at this moment? Your opponent has about as much money in his stack that you doConsidering your options are raise, fold or call....rate those options in order of what you think is the most profitable to the least profitable. How have you been playing leading up to this hand? Loose? Crazy? Super tight? ---------------------------If you notice....I didn't tell you what your hand was....simply because you are focusing on 1 small piece of information when you play. You can't ask...I have a nine high flush draw....what do I do because poker is not that easy. If it was...it was be boring. Until you learn to focus on all the other stuff that I mentioned in the hand above.....only then will you be able to answer your question.

As biff said, there is no one simple anwser on how to play any particular hand. There are numerous variables involved, with the actual hand that you have only being a part of the equation. Position, stack sizes, my perception of the other players and how I think the other players percieve me are what I consider first before I make any play. Having said that, typically if I take a flyer w/a weak holding like this I am usually doing it to mix up my play a bit and hopefully hit the flop w/a flush draw (the side benefit is that occasionally you hit two pair or a set when that miracle flop hits). The only reason I may have called here is because the cards were suited. If I was four to the flush after the flop I would have considered that an ideal flop for me and I would probably make a semi bluff of 1/2 to 2/3rds the pot. If you check the option not many players are going to let you see additional cards for free. I would try to take control of the action and hopefully you have some fold equity once you fire at the pot. If not, you still have a 36% chance of hitting the flush if you get to see the next two cards (you said you have 4 or 5 cards to hit your flush? Not sure what you were referring to there, but you have 9 outs assuming a 9 high flush will win the hand). Of course that is only a general guideline as to how I would normally play this hand. If I am playing in my home game w/players who know me well and I get this same type of hand 3x in one session, I will probably play it 3 different ways.

i just reread this and that part makes no sense, we have a crap hand pre and v is short, we want villain to have chips to pay off if we play draws. ugh i have a feeling this is going south quickly
I'm not positive rrumsey, but I believe he is trying to say that it doesn't cost much to call the blind.
I'm not 100% certain what you mean in this post. I fold this hand pre-flop almost 99.9% of the time. Putting that aside...I'd much rather bet the flop and check the turn with a flush draw.
I'm not positive rrumsey, but I believe he is trying to say that it doesn't cost much to call the blind.
umm actually, could be any hand, i'm just putting an example... also the hand can be AK♥ the point is that you have the flush draw...The blind as i posted it before its not worth too much, i'm taking an example as how we play that we play with 100BB's so you can easily enter to flop...

Just keep in mind about when you are entering these pots. Are there enough implied odds to do so, do I have paint, are they connected, etc. If the blinds are early and a large number of people limp the pot, go for it. If there is one limper and it folds to you, it's not worth it. You have a roughly 10% chance of flopping a flush draw, a 1% chance of flopping a flush and roughly a 7% chance of making a flush by the river. Factor that in before you enter the pot.As for leading or checking, depends on the board and my hand. In say a 5 way pot and I have a strong draw and another piece of the board, I want to build the pot. If I have a 9 high draw with no straight outs or a pair, I'll play it more passively.And I'm assuming you only mean completing from the small blind? Otherwise disregard 90% of what I said.

umm actually, could be any hand, i'm just putting an example... also the hand can be AK♥ the point is that you have the flush draw...The blind as i posted it before its not worth too much, i'm taking an example as how we play that we play with 100BB's so you can easily enter to flop...
Man....re-read the posts by me and cash man. You are just not getting it. In one ear and right out the other. IF you had AK of hearts in this situation you would be raising preflop instead of limping in which changes the complexity of the hand. Which in turn changes how the hand should be played. I'm assuming you haven't read the posting rules pinned at the top of every forum. OR read any posts by other people in this forum to get an idea of how things work around here.