I think he lives the perfect life. He's still really young, and he gets to play poker seventy hours a week. Plus, he and his brother have never had a job in their lives.

yeah, he seems like a terrible "lucky" (lol) player!! the kid is clearly a phenominal nl player...end of story......daniel: your thoughts??
He gave his thoughts on Tuan in another thread already. He can't just push Tuan to the top of the list for a profile though, that would be unfair.

I think this quote of Paul Phillips's is one of the funniest things I've ever read on his blog. He was responding to a guy flaming the crap out of Tuan as a player and a person (I have no idea why he hated him as a person):Phillips's reply:A little bitter, are we? And it's only going to get worse from here; those inherently lucky players you hate so much are lucky for life. It's enough to make you want to eat drano, isn't it.

in what limited footage ive seen this guy plays wide open by the seat of his pants. close to maniacal. Not a guy u want to bet on to make a final table but def a big threat when a final table gets very short. Im sure his style of applying constant pressure may look like bad play to the semiknowledgable, but hes one of those guys thats always playing the player and the stack. i think to a guy like that the cards dont matter half as much.

• 3 weeks later...
in what limited footage ive seen this guy plays wide open by the seat of his pants. close to maniacal. Not a guy u want to bet on to make a final table but def a big threat when a final table gets very short. Im sure his style of applying constant pressure may look like bad play to the semiknowledgable, but hes one of those guys thats always playing the player and the stack. i think to a guy like that the cards dont matter half as much.
Tuan Le is a goober, and looks like one too...argyle patterned sweater vests should not be allowed at a card table... he is arguably one of the luckiest players I've seen recently (along with Gus)... He got so damn lucky when he won at Mashantucket last November, and I can't even put into words how on Earth he took out Hasan Habib at the WPT Championship... I would have liked to see Hasan or Mike Mizrachi take that title, or Ivey, had he stuck around longer...
  • 1 month later...

He is a great player, but I don't think he has much heart for the game. He said he was going to quit playing at $10,000,000.

• 1 month later...

His style should put you in the mind frame of Doyles theory of constant pressure and about the 10mil thing. Hey thats his deal! Clearly he's in it for the cash but I highly doubt he will just stop playing, Perhaps stop playing bigger tournaments. :shock:

• 1 month later...

Favorite Tuan Le moment?Personally, mine was when he hit the miracle gutshot straight draw against Paul Maxfield's top two pair in the WPT Championship, then he had the audacity to ask "How many lives does this guy have?" when Tuan actually went in against him as a favorite.

He is a great player, but I don't think he has much heart for the game. He said he was going to quit playing at $10,000,000.
Undoubtedly you heard this on his first WPT appearance, and you didn't even hear him right. All he said was that he promised his parents and/or friends that he would quit after he made "a substantial amount of money." I think it was just that they weren't crazy about him gambling for a living so he tried to compromise with them. I never got the impression that he himself would want to quit on his own. I don't believe him anyway. Even if he does get 10 million, I don't see him stopping. I think it was one of those things he just told his parents because he never thought he would actually have a chance to reach $10 million. He's still got a long way to go, but it isn't impossible like he perhaps had originally thought.

If you guys want to see Tuan play, go to Commerce. He usually plays in the 400-800 mixed game. I don't know the guy and have nothing against him, but he gets his arse handed to him everyday. He buys in for $10,000 and in a couple of hours, he is sitting behind Hang La sweating his action. He is a mid-level pro, not a high limit pro.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...