First of all, happy new year everybody. Hope it's a good one.I'm making this thread out of a spur of the moment. For the past few weeks, i have been planning (and by planning, i really mean thinking about maybe) to start 2011 with a blast by turning my lifestlyle around. I have spent my time doing absolutely nothing since i graduated from high school. In fact, if an acquaintance asked me what have i been doing the past 3 years, i wouldn't be able to think of an answer other than knocking them out cold and running away.And my poker stats reflects this pretty well.6sCM-_aZv6q1zuPQfEN8.png... plus about 80k hands on Full tilt. This is since i picked up poker and earned 5 bucks in the canada cups freerolls, in summer 07. Pretty sad considering i threat poker as one of my most defining interest.So this is why i am creating this thread. I want 2011 to be more productive then the past 3 combined, for both my personal and poker life. And by posting my monthly goals and results here, i will be more inclined to put more efforts in.I guess you could call this my new years resolution.-------------1. Work on realistic schedule This is one of my biggest issues. If i don't make myself a schedule, i will rarely get around on doing anything. 2. Work on a healthier lifestyle I sleep too much and i have trouble staying focus. I eat too much junk, mostly fats.Goals for January 201140k hands of 6-handed 5NL.Finish Harrington on Cash game volume 1.Watch and re-watch Coaching Kristy.

glprobably best to go to college thoughif you get excess money from work, deposit some cash online so you can at least play 10nl.
ty.I know college is obviously more viable than a career in poker. But this is not about going pro. Just about self-discipline and progressing in poker.I went to college for a short period of time. No programs appealed to me so i called it a quit.
It's January 3rd... We neeeeeeed updateeeessssssssId be down to sweat you playing some 6max.
Unless something comes out, i will be playing at around 23h30 ET tonight. Nashtak on PS. I was gonna start yesterday but i got called to work then invited to a drinking game. I like games, and i love drinking.Also, being able to watch videos at work is great.On this, Coaching Kristy episode 2 away.
glprobably best to go to college thoughif you get excess money from work, deposit some cash online so you can at least play 10nl.
Going to college (or university) doesn't stop you being a slacker. In my last 2 years I pretty much got up somewhere between 12 and 3, and rarely went to any classes. Still passed everything though.
Going to college (or university) doesn't stop you being a slacker. In my last 2 years I pretty much got up somewhere between 12 and 3, and rarely went to any classes. Still passed everything though.
Lmao. Reminds me i have simply slept through all of my high school classes. I wasn't paying attention other than when we took notes or did assignements. Granted high school is not college.

Week 1ZNjuE_WShZ98_sqhK_H2.pngOnly played half the hands i should have played, but it should be fairly easy to play 1.5k hands a day until the end of the month. Before this month, i was playing tight and fairly weak. I was missing out on a lot of value by trying to see cheap flops with a wide range of potential hands and creating lots of dead money when i missed. I didn't realize how much value i was missing until i watched the first episodes of Coaching Tree and Coaching Kristy. I have therefor widened my preflop range, mainly my raising and 3-betting range, to more high cards. I have also been attacking a lot more pots, probably too many pots, in position.I was planning to play more hands on my days off, but i can't seem to able to focus today. I'll play more later tonight.