Here are the players I have so far...three more left to draft.Anyone have any comments or inside info on any of these players? If you want to know any specifics regarding the league then just ask.It's a 12 team keeper league.C - Miguel Montero, Buster Posey1B - James Loney, Daric Barton, Russell Branyan2B - Brian Roberts, Kelly Johnson3B - Ryan Zimmerman, David Freese, Chris JohnsonSS - Troy Tulowitzki, Alcides EscobarOF - Josh Hamilton, Denard Span, Brad Hawpe, Jay Bruce, Colby Rasmus, Delmon Young, Mike Stanton, Jake Fox*P - San Francisco Pitching, Los Angeles Angels PitchingWe play head to head on weekends. Here are the positions we go with...C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, CI, MI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, UTIL, PHere's the scoring...Scoring:Pitchers:Win - 8Loss - (4)Save - 5Strikeout - 2Run Allowed - (1)Blown Save - (2)Hold - 2Hitters:Hit - 1Walk - 1Run - 1RBI - 1Double - 1Triple - 2Home Run - 3SB - 2K - (1)Scoring is cumulative i.e. a Home Run gets you a point for a Run, an RBI, a Hit and a Home Run (1+1+1+3)=6* I listed Fox at OF but he qualifies at 1B, 3B now and possibly catcher in the future.

I think you are in a bit of trouble Dale. However, as most of the people in the league probably don't even know how the stats will turn out. Both pitching staffs should be top 10 pretty easily, which makes your pitching a top 3 in the league most likely.I don't see very many players with over powering numbers, again the whole stats system could prove me very wrong here. Keep on eye out for players on the waiver who break out or pick up an unexpected starting job. I feel like if you don't do too much you will end up around 8th place and if you pick up a few key guys you have a chance to put yourself into 4th or 5th and make a playoff run.You might also get feedback from Moneyball, Adams and some of the other active people from the FCBKL. We went 3 years had 3 winners, but all of us were in the top half of the league each year if I remember correctly.

we have almost the same team digital, lol. very good lineup, plus buster posey is going to be a force for the Giants. Plus you have our pitching staff which will get you a lot of points. xD

• 10 months later...

The Monkeyballers finished the season with the second best record in the league before sucking in the playoffs. I'm hoping to challenge for the championship this season after a few moves. I traded the AL MVP Josh Hamilton and Brian Roberts and here's what the roster looks like so far...C - Miguel Montero, Buster Posey, John Jaso1B - Ike Davis, Daric Barton2B - Robinson Cano, Kelly Johnson3B - Ryan Zimmerman, David FreeseSS - Troy Tulowitzki, Alcides Escobar, Todd FrazierOF - Matt Kemp, Jay Bruce, Colby Rasmus, Delmon Young, Mike StantonP- Los Angeles AngelsI still need a second pitching team and a few more fillers.

Baseball unlike most sports rarely have a playoff race in all six divisions right to the end. When it comes to the playoffs in a league such as yours the september call ups play a huge role and alot of star players take days off or put it in cruise control.Middle of the road teams and bad teams start overachieving at this time of year when its too late to do anything. Baltimore, Toronto, and Seattle in the American league usually have great septembers.Than teams that underachieved write off the season and don't play up to expectations like the Dodgers.None of this makes sense I tend to overthink because of my gambling problem.

Since the last couple weeks are the most important - the league semi-finals and finals, we run the playoffs in late August and early September to avoid the problem of the star players sitting.Late-season callups can still play a part, but we careful not to emphasize the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
The Monkeyballers finished the season with the second best record in the league before sucking in the playoffs. I'm hoping to challenge for the championship this season after a few moves. I traded the AL MVP Josh Hamilton and Brian Roberts and here's what the roster looks like so far...C - Miguel Montero, Buster Posey, John Jaso Jared Saltamacchia, George Kottaras1B - Ike Davis, Daric Barton2B - Robinson Cano, Kelly Johnson3B - Ryan Zimmerman, David FreeseSS - Troy Tulowitzki, Alcides Escobar, Todd Frazier, Cliff PenningtonOF - Matt Kemp, Jay Bruce, Colby Rasmus, Delmon Young, Mike Stanton, Melky Cabrera, Matt Joyce, David Murphy, Conor JacksonU - Travis HafnerP- Los Angeles Angels, Oakland AthleticsI still need a second pitching team and a few more fillers.
I traded Jaso and picked up the guys in bold to fill out my roster.

I really like the moves you made Dale.You gave up a lot of futures, but Robinson Cano was the most valuable player in the whole pool last year, if you take positional scarcity into account. Tulo, Cano and Zimmerman are all going in the top 10 in a lot of drafts this year, so it is pretty impressive to have all 3 of those guys. Your team is a little top heavy though, and you might struggle a bit if your top 5 guys slump at all, but I think you are on a short list of preseason favourites to win the championship this year.

I really like the moves you made Dale.You gave up a lot of futures, but Robinson Cano was the most valuable player in the whole pool last year, if you take positional scarcity into account. Tulo, Cano and Zimmerman are all going in the top 10 in a lot of drafts this year, so it is pretty impressive to have all 3 of those guys. Your team is a little top heavy though, and you might struggle a bit if your top 5 guys slump at all, but I think you are on a short list of preseason favourites to win the championship this year.
Thanks.I think I still have a good farm team even after giving up Brandon Belt and Gary Sanchez.I'm counting on guys like Young, Posey, Stanton, Rasmus, Bruce, etc, to continue improving so I don't feel the team is too top-heavy.Also, Matt Kemp is a superstar...he should be going in the top 10 of drafts :club: