Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

• Please log in to reply
3275 replies to this topic

#41 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 16 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Donald Trump would be a better choice than another Bush lol

Jeb is 1000 times better than Donald Trump and about 999 times better than W
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#42 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

Does anybody have an idea when the odds might really start to fluctuate for the candidates? Just wondering when I should place my bet
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#43 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,792 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

Donald Trump takes surprise lead in new poll, even beating out #Jeb Bush! He's resonating with a lot of folks! http://t.co/HRPtpmu447 #tcot
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#44 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

I think it shows how inaccurate polls might be when trump may be leading but he is still like the 8thfavourite online on the books to win the republican nomination at 25:1

Follow me on twitter

#45 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

Trump is irrelevent. His base is very small. but it is a very loyal base who want strict immigration reform and they will back anyone who tells them what they want to here and Trump is doing exactly that
He is getting good numbers because there are so many republican choices right now. If you poll just him and Jeb, Jeb would crush him
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#46 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

Well said. Like any other extremist, Trump has, say, 5% of the population who'll vote for him. That is true whether he is running against 10 people or 1.

Also, Trump had a butt-ton of media coverage last week - something on twitter said it was something like 48% of all media coverage for any candidates was Trump. So his numbers are artificially inflated right now with all the media.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#47 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Two debates tmw night. Canadian one and Republican one. My director came into work and asked me and the girl I work with, hey kids, which debate are you watching tmw tonight? I said the Republican one bc I want to hear what Donald Trump will say, the girl said something about Kardashian. My director walked out and cursed.

Follow me on twitter

#48 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,799 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

I watched almost the full 3 hours of the debate last night. I think Donald Trump is for real and this morning is still dominating in the polls...

I am thinking that even he is surprised by the support, and he may have in the privacy of his family realized that " this shit just got real"

It maybe ironic that 3 of the top candidates. Trump, Carson and Fiorina are not politicians. I think the American people are tired of the same BS coming out of tired old politicians and ready for a succesful businessman/woman or doctor to run this nation.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#49 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

View Postserge, on 17 September 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

I watched almost the full 3 hours of the debate last night. I think Donald Trump is for real and this morning is still dominating in the polls...

I am thinking that even he is surprised by the support, and he may have in the privacy of his family realized that " this shit just got real"

It maybe ironic that 3 of the top candidates. Trump, Carson and Fiorina are not politicians. I think the American people are tired of the same BS coming out of tired old politicians and ready for a succesful businessman/woman or doctor to run this nation.

Bet one of them

Follow me on twitter

#50 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

View Postserge, on 17 September 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

The whole thing is hilarious. I seriously think that if Clinton hadn't done that ridiculous email thing (which is such an unimaginably and obviously wrong thing to do that I'm almost surprised she is still running), or the Dems just picked Biden, there would be almost no chance of a Republican win. There is not a single Republican candidate who's stated views are not so absurd that I would move from the U.S. without a second thought. Hell, Carson is second in polling and his stated campaign is to change all taxes to a flat 10% tax (because God says to give 10% of course) and require a balanced budget. That would only require cutting basically every social program provided by the government, never mind the inequity. If the U.S. wasn't so incredibly powerful, and there wouldn't be so many people seriously harmed, I would love to actually see one of the top Repub candidates win, just to see which and how their ridiculous policies could get enacted. It's funny that guys that I would've thought of as far too right-wing and borderline crazy to ever get serious consideration (Walker, Rubio, Christie) are currently not getting serious consideration because of not being crazy enough...

Of the top 3 candidates, Trump's only qualifications is a businessman who's historical returns based on inherited money have actually done worse than an index fund, Carson is a doctor who believes a Christian flat tax and doesn't believe in evolution or global warming. Fiorina is a nice mix - almost as crazy as Carson, while arguably being a worse businessperson than Trump.

#51 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,901 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

I watched 30min. I heard a lot of "you suck", "no you suck", so I turned it off.
None of the front leaders have anything real to say, just a lot of crazy sh$t. Danny is right, its really funny watching the people we thought were out there, look like a straight laced candidate. Maybe this is all part of the big plan by the Rep party.

Id like to say I wish the Dems will be better, but they wont.

Its amazing how much like an 80's SNL satire US politics has become.

#52 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 17 September 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

I watched 30min. I heard a lot of "you suck", "no you suck", so I turned it off.
None of the front leaders have anything real to say, just a lot of crazy sh$t. Danny is right, its really funny watching the people we thought were out there, look like a straight laced candidate. Maybe this is all part of the big plan by the Rep party.

Id like to say I wish the Dems will be better, but they wont.

Its amazing how much like an 80's SNL satire US politics has become.

I mean, the Dems are far less crazy, You don't have people leading the most powerful country in the world saying things like vaccines cause autism, global warming isn't real, abortion should be outlawed, and government employees refusing to do their job are the same as MLK, but they are equally satirical. You've got the corrupt insider frontrunner (Clinton), the far-left hippie commie (Sanders), the no-personality bureaucrat (Biden). Pretty sure that Derek Jeter could run as an independent and get about 80% of the popular vote. Hell, at this point, I'd vote for him (if I had a vote). And if I had told you 2 years ago that the next President would either be Donald Trump, an anti-science Doctor, a failed CEO of a dying computer company, or Derek Jeter - who would you have guessed would be the "real" answer?

#53 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 17 September 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I mean, the Dems are far less crazy, You don't have people leading the most powerful country in the world saying things like vaccines cause autism, global warming isn't real, abortion should be outlawed, and government employees refusing to do their job are the same as MLK, but they are equally satirical. You've got the corrupt insider frontrunner (Clinton), the far-left hippie commie (Sanders), the no-personality bureaucrat (Biden). Pretty sure that Derek Jeter could run as an independent and get about 80% of the popular vote. Hell, at this point, I'd vote for him (if I had a vote). And if I had told you 2 years ago that the next President would either be Donald Trump, an anti-science Doctor, a failed CEO of a dying computer company, or Derek Jeter - who would you have guessed would be the "real" answer?

Is this sarcasm? Joe Biden is uber likable and easy going. He didn't get a rep as being a gaffe machine because he stays on script, he has loads of personality.
Posted Image

#54 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,799 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:55 PM

Hey Daniel..Wouldnt Trump be good for our cause...He spoke out against Adelson the other day and I am assuming he would be for online poker?
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#55 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:48 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on 24 September 2015 - 09:53 PM, said:

Is this sarcasm? Joe Biden is uber likable and easy going. He didn't get a rep as being a gaffe machine because he stays on script, he has loads of personality.

This. So this. Biden is awesome

#56 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,977 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:52 AM

View PostiBeaver, on 25 September 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

This. So this. Biden is awesome

It's easy to see that Biden is just a decent human being which seems to be rare for a politician
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#57 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:42 AM

I totally agree with you guys on Biden. I was referring to how he is sometimes portrayed and/or how he might be portrayed in comedy. The fact that his name is boring, he looks boring and his role is to be the less-controversial second-banana to a lightning rod president).

I think if he runs instead of Clinton, this election is over before it starts. Though, I'd imagine most people at the time didn't know that Clinton was doing some so stupid. Plus, then we wouldn't be getting the Trump show, and Republicans wouldn't have had to confront that their party is not the party of fiscal conservatives, faith-based families and thoughtful dissenters, but instead are a bunch of crazy racist war-mongering morons.

#58 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

Seriously though, if Biden ran instead of Clinton. Would we even be having any of these conversations? Not saying they were wrong to run Clinton necessarily (unless they knew about the crazy terrible stuff she did, though even without that, she is going to be more polarizing than Biden), but even without it, seems like Biden cake-walks to victory. Then again, most wouldn't have predicted that you'd have Trump, Carson and Fiorina leading polls while actual politicians (not a compliment) like Rubio, Walker, Perry and Bush were so hopeless. What a weird election and there's still so much left.

#59 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:21 AM

It's hard to say who could run away with it. This country makes zero sense to me. I Get people like that Trump will say whatever's in his mind with no usual filter that is associated with campaigning but he will simply destroy this country of he actually became president.

Bush is someone who I could possibly see myself voting for as he's pretty moderate for a republican. But he has no chance because people associate him with his brother. People don't realize Jeb is the good son.

I'll be voting Clinton or Biden. Whichever gets the nomination. I don't see a non radical R winning the nom so my mind has already been made. If Bush gets it then I would pay more attention when the real race starts. I have no issue with Clinton. The email thing is stupid. Oh we found some bad emails! Then nothing ever comes out. She made a mistake but in the end there was no real crime committed. Get over it. She's more than qualified. But I'd take Biden over her in a heartbeat.

#60 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,792 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

Didn't she destroy evidence?
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users