23192 replies to this topic

#21 TheDaveyG

TheDaveyG

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

View Postserge, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 2:06 PM, said:

Dude the Leafs are a major contender in the Eastern Conference....There is only a couple of teams that can give them problems..Trust me this is the year
The couple of teams that can give them problems, are most likely who they will have to face if they even make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, it's your right as a fan to have hope. Every year I say to myself that it's the BlackHawks, Bears, Jayhawks or even the Cubs year, but you have to realize that it probably won't happen. Just enjoy the game.

#22 SilverSeven

SilverSeven

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live Multi Table Tournament No Limit Hold'Em

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:06 PM

View Postserge, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 6:06 PM, said:

Dude the Leafs are a major contender in the Eastern Conference....There is only a couple of teams that can give them problems..Trust me this is the year
Better than the LeafsBuffaloOttawaNY RangersPittsburghAs good as the LeafsCarolinaMontrealNew JerseyPhiladelphiaTampa BayWashingtonWeaker than the LeafsAtlantaBostonFloridaNY IslandersIn my perspective, there are only a couple of teams that are weaker than Leafs. They are not "a major contender"
QUOTE(serge @ Monday, February 11th, 2008, 3:49 PM) View Post
If the Ottawa Senators win the Cup:

- I will donate $200 to the Daniel Alfredsson clown academy
- I will not watch hockey for a a period of 12 months
- I will wear a Senators jersey and say I am a Senators fan while walking up and down Yonge Street
- I will praise the city of Ottawa and their fine hockey team for a period of 1 year
- I will acknowledge that hell has finally frozen over
- I will cancel LeafsTV and NHL Centre Ice Package
- I will also give my fantasy team for a total of one year to an associate

#23 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

View PostTheDaveyG, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 3:39 PM, said:

The couple of teams that can give them problems, are most likely who they will have to face if they even make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, it's your right as a fan to have hope. Every year I say to myself that it's the BlackHawks, Bears, Jayhawks or even the Cubs year, but you have to realize that it probably won't happen. Just enjoy the game.
All we have is hope in September...but this year i have more hope than usual
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#24 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

View PostSilverSeven, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 4:06 PM, said:

Better than the LeafsBuffaloOttawaNY RangersPittsburghAs good as the LeafsCarolinaMontrealNew JerseyPhiladelphiaTampa BayWashingtonWeaker than the LeafsAtlantaBostonFloridaNY IslandersIn my perspective, there are only a couple of teams that are weaker than Leafs. They are not "a major contender"
There is no way the Sabres are better than the Leafs...Rangers maybe...Pittsburgh will still have growing pains..Carolina and Montreal wont make the playoffs...Philly will improve but not right away...Tampa bay and Washington and Jersey are still a step behind the Leafs..And OTTAWA is going to surprise all their fans this year..I honestly believe the Leafs will win their division and will fight it out with the Rangers for first..The main thing to remember is Buffalo got a lot worse, Ottawa did nothing, Pittsburgh still has growin pains and Montreal has issues in goal and overall team chemistry.I am positive the Leafs contend for the conference.

#25 SilverSeven

SilverSeven

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live Multi Table Tournament No Limit Hold'Em

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

View Postserge, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 7:25 PM, said:

There is no way the Sabres are better than the Leafs...Rangers maybe...Pittsburgh will still have growing pains..Carolina and Montreal wont make the playoffs...Philly will improve but not right away...Tampa bay and Washington and Jersey are still a step behind the Leafs..And OTTAWA is going to surprise all their fans this year..I honestly believe the Leafs will win their division and will fight it out with the Rangers for first..The main thing to remember is Buffalo got a lot worse, Ottawa did nothing, Pittsburgh still has growin pains and Montreal has issues in goal and overall team chemistry.I am positive the Leafs contend for the conference.
Serge saying that the Sens will be worse than the Leafs because they did nothing is totally ridiculous. It isn't the first time you've pulled out this silly argument and I'll call you out on it every time.I'm pretty sure you understand basic math, so I don't think I have to prove how your logic is very, very flawed...
QUOTE(serge @ Monday, February 11th, 2008, 3:49 PM) View Post
If the Ottawa Senators win the Cup:

- I will donate $200 to the Daniel Alfredsson clown academy
- I will not watch hockey for a a period of 12 months
- I will wear a Senators jersey and say I am a Senators fan while walking up and down Yonge Street
- I will praise the city of Ottawa and their fine hockey team for a period of 1 year
- I will acknowledge that hell has finally frozen over
- I will cancel LeafsTV and NHL Centre Ice Package
- I will also give my fantasy team for a total of one year to an associate

#26 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

View PostSilverSeven, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 4:44 PM, said:

Serge saying that the Sens will be worse than the Leafs because they did nothing is totally ridiculous. It isn't the first time you've pulled out this silly argument and I'll call you out on it every time.I'm pretty sure you understand basic math, so I don't think I have to prove how your logic is very, very flawed...
Yes simple math...Ottawa's lineup from last year is actually worse and the Leafs lineup from last year is a LOT better...what part of that is flawed?They will have the inevitable let down from last years finals loss...Ottawa last year had 14 more pts than the Leafs....The Leafs are much better in goal...The Leafs are WAY better on d...Overall top 9 forwards the Leafs are better...The only category the Sens are better this year is top 3 forwards..Leafs are deeper at forward ..These are basic principles and it will play out on the ice...

#27 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,133 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

I don't understand how the Leafs line up is A LOT better than last year?They added the gremlin dude, and the drunk dude...The only thing they've definitely improved at is goaltending.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#28 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

View PostZach6668, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 5:44 PM, said:

I don't understand how the Leafs line up is A LOT better than last year?They added the gremlin dude, and the drunk dude...The only thing they've definitely improved at is goaltending.
so how many 40 goal scorers do you think there were in the NHL..Dont look it up...The answer is only 10..Blake was one of them...The goaltending situation went from a good goalie with an AHL back up to...A great goalie with a good backup...Mark Bell will come in November and has a lot to prove and will score 20-30 goals in a shortened season...thats a HUGE shot in the arm to the offense , which was already 4th in the conference in offense last year...You can argue all the points you want , everything points to a big year for the Leafs..

#29 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,133 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:09 PM

I have my issues with Blake. I know he's a 40 goal scorer once though.I still don't see how they'll have a big year. They're slightly improved from last year. I expect them to contend for a playoff spot, but I'd be suprised if they are a dominant force in the conference.On the other hand, with the amount of parity in the league, anything is possible. I'm not saying it's impossible for them to win the division, but I think it's a long shot, not what is to be expected.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#30 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

View PostZach6668, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 6:09 PM, said:

I have my issues with Blake. I know he's a 40 goal scorer once though.I still don't see how they'll have a big year. They're slightly improved from last year. I expect them to contend for a playoff spot, but I'd be suprised if they are a dominant force in the conference.On the other hand, with the amount of parity in the league, anything is possible. I'm not saying it's impossible for them to win the division, but I think it's a long shot, not what is to be expected.
lol..way to make a prediction mr fence sitter....There is a lot of guys with a lot to prove...Wellwood, Steen and Stajan...ALL RFA next yearSundin.....lot of naysayers saying he is over the hill...Look out for him this yearBlake...New team and would love to repeat his n 40 goal status to prove he can score with the best of themToskala and Raycroft....IF they want to play they cant let up at allI am laying it on the line...No fence sitting from me..This team will win a ton of games if they stay healthy...

#31 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,133 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

I'm not here to make a prediction.I've told you before I'm a Leafs fan as well. I grew up watching HNIC with my Dad.I'm just saying I don't expect anything extraordinary from them. They're a pretty average team, IMO, but the makeup of the league allows any team to have a good run and take the division, if things fall the right way. I'd be happy to see them win the division, even if it costs me $25. :club:
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#32 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

View PostZach6668, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 6:23 PM, said:

I'm not here to make a prediction.I've told you before I'm a Leafs fan as well. I grew up watching HNIC with my Dad.I'm just saying I don't expect anything extraordinary from them. They're a pretty average team, IMO, but the makeup of the league allows any team to have a good run and take the division, if things fall the right way. I'd be happy to see them win the division, even if it costs me $25. :club:
ok fair enough..we appreciate the support...You can always give up that other team that you like and come to the good side...we will accept you with open arms...Crosby,Malkin,Staal,Fleury...bla ....boring...

#33 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,800 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

Blake won't score 40 goals this season.Toskela is overrated. The guy had the best goal support in the league last season for all goaltenders. He won't get that this year AND he won't have the same calibre of defense in front of him.Sundin will score about 75 points again and the Leafs will battle for one of the last couple of playoff spots.And now, back to the Serge show.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#34 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 7:15 PM, said:

Blake won't score 40 goals this season.Toskela is overrated. The guy had the best goal support in the league last season for all goaltenders. He won't get that this year AND he won't have the same calibre of defense in front of him.Sundin will score about 75 points again and the Leafs will battle for one of the last couple of playoff spots.And now, back to the Serge show.
I am very proud of my team...and your comments are off base..Thanks though

#35 TheDaveyG

TheDaveyG

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

I am going to try to look at he east as impartial as I can. 1. Rangers- Obviously much improved, only question is on defense and whether Jagr is tough enough to win 3 playoff series in a row. 2. Penguins- Huge improvement from 05/06 to 06/07 and no reason to think they won't improve to second, and maybe best, team in the East. 3. Ottawa- Could be their last chance to make a serious run for a while with Heatly and Spezza not signed yet. 4. Florida- I really think this team is getting better by the year, and their division is the weakest in the East so I think Florida is going to pick up those easy points. 5. Atlanta- I think will barely lose division to Florida, by two maybe 4 points. 6. Buffalo- Still have weapons, solid goaltending and a good coach.7. Montreal- 8. Toronto- Both Montreal and Toronto will benefit from Philly being better causing the Devils and Islanders to not get easy points. 9. Tampa Bay- 2 points out of 8th spot10. Carolina- 4 points out of 8th11. New Jersey- Brodeur won't be able to play as many games, combined with losses of Gomez and Rafalski equals missing the playoffs12. Philadelphia- Will be better, but by only 12-15 wins better.13. Washington- Still a year or two away from making the playoffs14. Boston- weak15. Islanders-weakest

#36 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,570 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

Serge, by your logic, Blake should be even better than 40 goals with Sundin in the middle. Since you're so convinced..... I will bet you $50 that Blake does not score 40 this year.
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#37 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:05 AM

View Postgruven, on Friday, September 14th, 2007, 9:57 PM, said:

Serge, by your logic, Blake should be even better than 40 goals with Sundin in the middle. Since you're so convinced..... I will bet you $50 that Blake does not score 40 this year.
I am pretty convinced of that fact...However I actually think Blake is better suited to play with Wellwood....You definetely have an edge in that bet, but the sick gambler I am I will take it...Of course I will need an injury insurance...$50 Blake will score 40 goals minimum games played 72....If you like to take the bet post it in the Wagers Thread

#38 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,570 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:02 AM

View Postserge, on Saturday, September 15th, 2007, 4:05 AM, said:

I am pretty convinced of that fact...However I actually think Blake is better suited to play with Wellwood....You definetely have an edge in that bet, but the sick gambler I am I will take it...Of course I will need an injury insurance...$50 Blake will score 40 goals minimum games played 72....If you like to take the bet post it in the Wagers Thread
Book it......
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#39 TheDaveyG

TheDaveyG

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

View Postgruven, on Saturday, September 15th, 2007, 5:02 AM, said:

Book it......
Cha-Ching! :club:

#40 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:23 AM

View PostTheDaveyG, on Saturday, September 15th, 2007, 7:50 AM, said:

Cha-Ching! :club:
Yes Cha Ching to me...I am the only one on this forum that 100% supports my team and my choices..I love the Leafs...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users