My Pm Response To 2+2 Mod Who Banned Me

I got this message when I started a thread. The messages I posted later were in existing threads. I had no idea that would be a problem. I'd been posting here for 10 years and never got "infraction points" before. Had you simply sent a PM saying, "You can't post your vlog in those threads" I would have said "ok." What did you think was going to happen? You thought I was going to just go on a nutso spamming spree? What am I a child here? You give me a timeout? Give me a break dude. If you don't understand that a PM before a ban would have been the logical approach for your site, then you really don't know what you are doing. I'm assuming you are going to be stubborn on this issue, but it's clear that you should have handled this better than you did. You made "assumptions" that led you to a ban, instead of trying the "Daniel, you can't post that in threads either" approach. Maybe at some point you'll come to your senses and realize that you owe me an apology for a compulsive decision that you didn't put enough thought into.

So after the radio show I felt good about it and was cool with squashing it. Then the guy who banned me posted this:"So when he made the two posts in two threads to his spam video, I'm like WTF? I had no idea if he was going to continue posting it. I started to wonder if that was really Daniel acting that stupid, acting with complete disregard of our policies or if someone from Poker Royalty had control of his account. So at 2am I made the call to temp-ban the account and then sort it out. I figured this could cause a storm so I immediately called Mason, who already knew of the previous two threads and let him know what I did and why. He concurred with the action.Several times in print and on QJ he stated "What am I, a child that needs a time out?" or something to that effect. I had thought not and had hoped he could figure out that we don't tolerate spam due to the infraction, then deletion of the 2nd thread. But his reaction to this whole affair over a 1 day slap on the wrist and his inability to figure out the obvious, makes me wonder."Here was my reply: Really? How socially inept are you? What made you think posting this would be a good idea after the radio show? Things were civil, now you want to go off insulting me AFTER things were squashed? Who do you people think you are "slapping people on the wrist" like school children? Get over yourself. I was actually totally comfortable with letting it slide, but then you go into a thread and insult me multiple times. Nice work genius. You really aren't very bright. Instead of APOLOGIZING for what you did, and making the SMART business decision, you provoke me further with this insulting post. The MAJORITY of your posters have half of a brain and understand that you handled this TERRIBLY. You got completely PWNED on the radio show, contradicted yourself several times, but instead of saying, "On second thought, maybe a ban wasn't the optimal decision" you still don't get it. You obviously never will if you choose to continue to publicly post insulting posts in your forum.

Maybe the answer is simple.Whilst I believe 2+2 are completely at fault and I've made many posts about it (as auusierob) I think there is a simple solution.Get the over grown rat that you call a dog a 2+2 account. A 2+2 user called Mushu can start any thread he likes and then you can add any comments you want afterwards.Good luck.P.S. - I am a dog lover but after growing up with a mother who was a breeder of over grown rats that would number 50+ at times I now stick to German Shepard's

Maybe the answer is simple.Whilst I believe 2+2 are completely at fault and I've made many posts about it (as auusierob) I think there is a simple solution.Get the over grown rat that you call a dog a 2+2 account. A 2+2 user called Mushi can start any thread he likes and then you can add any comments you want afterwards.Good luck.P.S. - I am a dog lover but after growing up with a mother who was a breeder of over grown rats that would number 50+ at times I now stick to German Shepard's
My little bastard Mushu is a pretty tough Chihuahua. Those people over there live in a fantasy world where they truly believe they are the center of the poker universe and a potentially spam filled post is a matter of national security that requires swift action and wrist slapping.

danny whenever the internet gets me down i take my shirt off and i do the splits across two chairs while meditating. it really helps me relax and refocus; that way i can better defeat my enemies. it looks a little something like this:bloodsport_2_jean_claude_van_damme.jpg

Don't worry Daniel - if Mushu is anything like any of the 100's of Chihuahua's my late mother owned it would force my Shepard's into a corner cowering.But are dogs like their owners?Mushu seems short without a lot of hair who likes to speak his mind and won't take crap from anyone.Interesting...................:club:

Maybe at some point you'll come to your senses and realize that you owe me an apology for a compulsive decision that you didn't put enough thought into.
Are you upset about the way it was handled or do you think you should be able to post spam because of who you are? I think they handled it poorly but I don't think you are totally in the right either. The first minute or so of the vblog is an actual commercial. Not just something that 2 people could sit down & debate whether or not it's spam but an actual commercial that if you turned on your TV in the UK that's the actual commercial that you would most likely see. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let me post a commercial promoting my business so I don't see why you think you should be allowed to.I'm not saying this to be a dick but I've yet to see you acknowledge that this was maybe bad judgement on your part. Or maybe it wasn't & this was the plan all along.At least you're getting some great advertising for free & they left the link up so really, how upset should you be?
Are you upset about the way it was handled or do you think you should be able to post spam because of who you are? I think they handled it poorly but I don't think you are totally in the right either. The first minute or so of the vblog is an actual commercial. Not just something that 2 people could sit down & debate whether or not it's spam but an actual commercial that if you turned on your TV in the UK that's the actual commercial that you would most likely see. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let me post a commercial promoting my business so I don't see why you think you should be allowed to.I'm not saying this to be a dick but I've yet to see you acknowledge that this was maybe bad judgement on your part. Or maybe it wasn't & this was the plan all along.At least you're getting some great advertising for free & they left the link up so really, how upset should you be?
I REALLY think you need a dictionary and/or a working definition of spam. Most definitions i see use words such as disruptive and/or unwanted.If Daniels latest vblog or iserieslive and his views on it are unwanted and/or disruptive to a POKER forum then you are right.Sick him Mushu

So an actual commercial is not spam aussiedodger? Okay, I wasn't aware of that. I bow to your superior intellect.Carry on the love fest where nothing can be questioned of our illustrious leader. BTW if this is what it takes for DN to post on his own site then I'm all for it.

you need to check your tone son.
What's wrong with my tone?I'm not allowed to point out that there is an actual commercial for the first 30 seconds to a minute of his vblog?

Unlike you I don't know what Daniel was thinking but I do know he has been playing around with editing etc.Playing the commercial for the topic he was starting out with seems to fall into editing in this context AFAIK.PLEASE find a definition of spam that even REMOTELY resembles this situation let alone COMMON SENSEGo the ankles Mushu - go go go

Unlike you I don't know what Daniel was thinking but I do know he has been playing around with editing etc.Playing the commercial for the topic he was starting out with seems to fall into editing in this context AFAIK.PLEASE find a definition of spam that even REMOTELY resembles this situation let alone COMMON SENSEGo the ankles Mushu - go go go
Okay, so you don't think an actual commercial is inappropriate? Really?When he edited it & put in the commercial I'm sure he wasn't thinking: Hmmmmm, this might not pass the 2+2 no advertising edict. He was just thinking I can do whatever I want in my vblog & he is certainly correct in that regard. However, as soon as he posted it himself on 2+2 he's responsible for breaking the no advertising rule because it has an actual commercial in it & commercials are advertising. If I had posted it, he could say that he had no control over it & there would be no consequences to him, nor should there be. I'm pretty sure the mods at 2+2 don't have a real big problem with the vblog's overall content considering they never took it down & knew that someone else would cross post it eventually anyway, but have a slight problem with the commercial @ the beginning. My question to DN would be, is he more upset about how it was handled after the fact or does he think there is nothing wrong with anything he did?edit:I've just listened to his interview on QJ's & he makes some very valid points & answers my questions during this interview.

How can you ban Daniel Negreanu??? You can delete his posts, but I would not have. Daniel in effect, endorses 2+2 by posting comments there and promotes 2+2 in various ways just by mentioning 2+2. And that deserves special treatment...Simple as that!

How can you ban Daniel Negreanu??? You can delete his posts, but I would not have. Daniel in effect, endorses 2+2 by posting comments there and promotes 2+2 in various ways just by mentioning 2+2. And that deserves special treatment...Simple as that!
now here's a man who gets it. and by it i mean a back rub from me anytime you want it big guy. wink.
So after the radio show I felt good about it and was cool with squashing it. Then the guy who banned me posted this:"So when he made the two posts in two threads to his spam video, I'm like WTF? I had no idea if he was going to continue posting it. I started to wonder if that was really Daniel acting that stupid, acting with complete disregard of our policies or if someone from Poker Royalty had control of his account. So at 2am I made the call to temp-ban the account and then sort it out. I figured this could cause a storm so I immediately called Mason, who already knew of the previous two threads and let him know what I did and why. He concurred with the action.Several times in print and on QJ he stated "What am I, a child that needs a time out?" or something to that effect. I had thought not and had hoped he could figure out that we don't tolerate spam due to the infraction, then deletion of the 2nd thread. But his reaction to this whole affair over a 1 day slap on the wrist and his inability to figure out the obvious, makes me wonder."Here was my reply: Really? How socially inept are you? What made you think posting this would be a good idea after the radio show? Things were civil, now you want to go off insulting me AFTER things were squashed? Who do you people think you are "slapping people on the wrist" like school children? Get over yourself. I was actually totally comfortable with letting it slide, but then you go into a thread and insult me multiple times. Nice work genius. You really aren't very bright. Instead of APOLOGIZING for what you did, and making the SMART business decision, you provoke me further with this insulting post. The MAJORITY of your posters have half of a brain and understand that you handled this TERRIBLY. You got completely PWNED on the radio show, contradicted yourself several times, but instead of saying, "On second thought, maybe a ban wasn't the optimal decision" you still don't get it. You obviously never will if you choose to continue to publicly post insulting posts in your forum.
Yea, I was like WTF when I saw his post right after the QJ interview. FWIW, I thought you both had come to some resolution with regards to the entire situation and then it was like he decided to just completely ruin it by making that post.I wondered if you saw it, I was like OMG I hope Daniel didn't see this but sure enough you did. I really don't know what else to say except it was about the dumbest possible thing he could have done. I partly blame myself for not PMing him in hopes of getting it taken down. *sighs.