I've only watched the first episode so far, but I really liked it. Lots of boobs in the first 5 minutes, so I think you guys will like it, too.

Oh, and Natasha Lyonne isn't dead! That's pretty good news.

I've seen the first few eps and I'm hooked. Such a good mix of drama & comedy. Didn't think I could like a near all girls casted show.

So if anyone hasn't heard of this show yet, you should look it up. I believe it's only available on Netflix streaming, but it's well worth the cost. What I really like about the show is how the characters transform throughout the season (some good, some bad). How it starts off with some good laughs mixed with dramatic moments and by the end it slowly loses its sense of humor and feels more like a dark drama.

Can't wait for season 2.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen the first few eps and I'm hooked. Such a good mix of drama & comedy. Didn't think I could like a near all girls casted show.

Really? Had you never liked a girl-driven show before, in 2013?

Really? Had you never liked a girl-driven show before, in 2013?

... nope. In fact I've hardly watched any of the newer shows that have been out for the past 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the character development quite a bit. When the show first started, I thought the characters were going to be 1 note sterotypes, and bye and large they are not ( with the exception of the Methhead/jesus freak, who I think is fairly one note, though they try to fill her out a bit) I was impressed by the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished season 1. Pretty awesome, though it lost steam in the last couple episodes. Didn't like the storyline with the little meth girl attempting to kill Piper.

In general, I love the flash back scenes where we get back story on the other inmates, and I wish they'd spend more time on those, and less on Larry's home life, and that whole dynamic, which I found mostly boring.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i Think netflix is really missing the boat, by not releasing these one a week. I think you gain something, by letting the tension build. The TV review blogs can really get buzz for a show building.

I said they could release 4 per week and still be miles ahead of the game. Or 7 one month and 6 the next. Something. But I'll happily power watch if it's a rainy weekend

I like the measured, once a week, build excitement to watch. I don't think either show is hot enough to motivate people into becoming a member after the season has started.

I think of netflix like a gym membership. They want a lot of members for revenue, but the more active their membership is, the less positive the customers experience is.

For the Orange or House of Cards weeks, the download rate is tough. If there's a big blizzard or rainy weekend where a lot of people stay home, they would see a spike then, too.