• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*biatch instantly puts $100 on the flyers to win the Stanley cup*

Shove a Shawarma in your ear.

Agree 100% with serge and arp.   If I'm eating a banana inside my car, I love bananas.   If I'm eating a banana outside and a bicycle is near me, it repulses me.

Guest XXEddie
Hatcher is over the hill. Jeff Carter from my hometown of London, Ont is going to be a star though. Who is their goalie now?
Forseberg is also way past his primeand you make a good point, who is their golaie

esche is young but promising. he played very well the last season and was outstanding in the playoffs(when it counts). forsberg might be over the hill but so is lemeiux and i would take either over most of the players in the league right now.

Esche is easily one of the best 6 goalies in the league. He was good enough to be Team USA's #1 netminder. Let's see this long list of goaltenders better than Esche.

Hatcher is over the hill. Jeff Carter from my hometown of London, Ont is going to be a star though. Who is their goalie now?
Forseberg is also way past his primeand you make a good point, who is their golaie
Forsberg is past his prime? Tell me that after he hits 120 points this season with all the scoring friendly rule changes and the new goalie pads. Seriously now...the guys 32 years old. He's *in* his prime, not past it.

The Flyers are over the cap but they will make moves to fix the situation. Jeremy Roenick is on his way out. Esche is a restricted free agent so he won't be going anywhere. Face it, the Flyers are everyone's worst nightmare.

Goalies better than Esche?Belfour KhabiulinBroduerTheodoreLuongoKiprusoffVokounTurcoLegaceJosephBy the way, starting for Team USA doesnt say much when your biggest competition is Tom Barrasso and Mike Dunham.

Esche is easily one of the best 6 goalies in the league. He was good enough to be Team USA's #1 netminder. Let's see this long list of goaltenders better than Esche.
Brodeur, Khabibulin, Kiprusoff, Luongo, Belfour(bad back and all), Theodore, Nabokov, Turco, Vokoun, Weekes, just to name a few.

i dont think nabokov, legace, kiprusoff, or vokoun are better than esche. i think they are all on that 2nd tier behind the others u mentioned.

i dont think nabokov, legace, kiprusoff, or vokoun are better than esche. i think they are all on that 2nd tier behind the others u mentioned.
Well, you're wrong. They've all played at a much higher level for much longer than Esche, he wasn't even a starter all last season.

Forsberg is past his prime... now thats funny lol.Lets see his stats from last year. He was injured so he only played 39 games and still picked up 55 pts!! He's a dream offensive weapon and I'd be very disappointed if I were an avs fan.

The Flyers are over the cap but they will make moves to fix the situation. Jeremy Roenick is on his way out. Esche is a restricted free agent so he won't be going anywhere. Face it, the Flyers are everyone's worst nightmare.
Who will Forsberg play with? And most importantly, who will fill his spot on the top line when he's out 40 or so games with various injuries? Philadelphia isn't a very deep team at all... and the Hatcher signing? Not exactly a coup.
in absolutely no way is he "way" past his prime. he is still the best overall player in the league when healthy. and i'm from calgary and believe iginla is god, so its tough for me to say that. he's 32. he has had injury problems, but is still last season he had 55 points in 39 games. no freakin way is he past his prime. fantastic signing and a great deal especially if he stays healthy. but clarke screws it up again playin rent-a-goalie.

Well first they have to keep Forsberg healthy but I'd be willing to gamble if I were them. Be interesting to see Rat and Rags anchor the blue line in the "new" nhl. Was never a big fan of Rathje's especially when he's that big and isn't pushing guys around.

You can't judge a team based on the players they're paying for, the NY Rangers have proven that fact over and over. If you put too many ego's in one locker room, you're going to have Zero team unity, which is at least as important as having a lot of highly skilled players. The Rangers had a huge free agent season a couple of years ago, scoring Jagr, Holik, Nylander, and Kevin Weekes. What happened? They went 27-40 and missed the playoffs entirely. It's at least as important to get players who can come together as a team as it is to have players who have the potential to score a lot of goals. That being said, I think the Flyers will probably go deep into the playoffs, but to hand them the Cup before the puck is even dropped is very premature.

dead money wrote:i dont think nabokov, legace, kiprusoff, or vokoun are better than esche. i think they are all on that 2nd tier behind the others u mentioned.Well, you're wrong. They've all played at a much higher level for much longer than Esche, he wasn't even a starter all last season.
first off, esche earned the starter spot and showed it in the playoffs. second, kiprusoff has played a total of 86 games, vokoun is only been starting for 2 seasons(and his stats were bad last season), and legace has the same kind of numbers that esche has. im not wrong in this case. u might think that these players are better but they are not. they are all unproven players with alot of promise. that is why i lump them all together in the 2nd tier of goalies.
esche is the man in goal.  very solid goalie.  hatcher might be over the hill but he is still a force on the line.
Esche may be the number one guys but as has been talked about, he is not signed. Antero Nittymaki will be giving Esche a run for his money. The Flyers have 2 really good number 1's. Nittymaki played with the AHL Champion Phantoms last season. Also playoff MVP.
i dont think nabokov, legace, kiprusoff, or vokoun are better than esche.  i think they are all on that 2nd tier behind the others u mentioned.
Well, you're wrong. They've all played at a much higher level for much longer than Esche, he wasn't even a starter all last season.
Esche won a starting position last year. He earned it through great play.
The Flyers are over the cap but they will make moves to fix the situation.  Jeremy Roenick is on his way out.  Esche is a restricted free agent so he won't be going anywhere.  Face it, the Flyers are everyone's worst nightmare.
Who will Forsberg play with? And most importantly, who will fill his spot on the top line when he's out 40 or so games with various injuries? Philadelphia isn't a very deep team at all... and the Hatcher signing? Not exactly a coup.
Roenick will most likly be traded by late this afternoon to a western team. There are 6 teams in the bidding war.Forsberg, could play with Gagne and either Richards or Carter.Any other questions??

I would put Forsberg between Sami Kapanen and Simon Gagne, personally. Get some speed out there and get the production out of Kapanen that they brought him in for.