I'm In A Glass Case Of Emotion

Well, not really.....It's been a little over a month since my last non FB-poker related poker participation. Pretty unreal. I mean for ~7 years I put a majority of my random free time and effort into that one enjoyable pasttime. I mean ffs , i was a losing player for 4-5 of those years.....but i still loved it. Even when I could only assume the RNG was rigged and the sites were all out to get me when my Q9 flats 3 bets cold for 70% of effective stack and I lose on the KQ9 flop to AA and QQ. Then in 2009 I actually started to take things a little more seriously. The little monkey in my head flicked the light switch and said 'if you are going to devote time to this hobby....get over the gambling fun, and start educating yourself and "take responsibility for your results". I remember the day like it was yesterday....probably right before I joined FCP...I started dabbling in PLO. It was the first move toward the "light switch" moment. I said to myself, the learning curve for NL is just so tough....I bet people aren't as good at this omaha game. I proceeded to send a very direct email to FT support letting them know that their system was flawed after my XXX6 lost to a straight on a 55676 board. I mean, jackpot! Full house baby!! They sent me a too kind email directing me to the rules of omaha.Needless to say it was a slow process.But I joined the board....just chatting with other poker minds...even if it's only 20% poker was a quantum leap for my game. Results weren't immediate, and I still had no respect for BR mgmt whatsoever (something I really didn't grasp until early 2010). I was A-OK running 26 buck MTTs and 55 buck SnGs with a ~200 buck BR. A step up from grinding a 200 buck roll up from 50 to run a 200 SnG, which was my early days forte, but still not great. As I've said before it's just been a hobby to me though, and the online roll is pure rec money, so no big thing.....but I finally got to that point of "why the f am i working up a roll that I either donk a dime that I w/d or lose to sharks and have to rebuild. The rush, obv......but as accumulating knee injuries were taking me out of bball and vball, I needed some other kind of scoreboard and competition to embrace.I posted moderate results as I actually started maintaining some semblance of BR mgmt. The latter 2009 and 2010 I basically made enough money to dump into the LV economy to cover my losses on vegas trips. I was 100% okay with that. If poker could offset my non-stop losing streak in vegas, I figured it to be a successful hobby. Finally in 2011 I started posting a decent progression of results. Nothing earth shattering....but, finally, after years of play, a relatively consistent ROI, where I could reasonably begin to start thinking bigger than just poker gains = vegas losses and actually begin to get a pulse on the possibility of this being a means to be a stay at home dad if/when the wife and I get a win on that front. I was still a ways off from making this major decision.....but there was a nice little consistent improvement since taking it as a serious competition vs. a gamble. I truly feel that consistent improvement would follow.So tonight, on one of the first really nice spring into summerish evenings here in the Chi this year, I come home from a great basketball night (5-1 games, 10+ Blk, 10+ Steals), take a shower while wife is warming up my favorite pizza in the world, I make a delicious glass of kilo kai, break out the pack of swisher sweets (i dont smoke, but just love the puffing on gorgeous nights like this). Historically....for the last 25% of my life actually.....this night would be capped off by breaking open a few tables....and if i started drinking too much rum, some .01/.02 NLHE super fun (another integral BR mgmt item learned thanks to FCP). Instead here I am unable to even play FB poker because my AJ got cracked by J8 AIPF for 50BBs. At the mercy for someone I even semi want to talk with on FB chat coming on, debating on falling back to some yahoo cribbage or pogo monopoly.....basically just wasting my night away as I'm too tired from bball to do anything more productive unable to play my single favorite hobby in the world. I mean, this post is a product of my boredom.Anyways though, I digress. We all know how BF has wronged the hobbyist player as well as the professional. I'm not beating the dead horse here. Just little stuff, like the perfect night tonight, that reminds me exactly how much I've lost, and how much my government has robbed me of. At least they haven't shut down basketball games and gorgeous evenings yet.........MSP

Yep I feel ya! (yes donk4life I do have a problem) I just wrote a ridiculously long and whining blog about this same thing. I so so so badly miss my pre BF days on PokerStars and I so so so hate playing on Merge. Life just pretty much sucks right now. FU DOJ, FU Harry Reid and Caesar's Entertainment, FU our corrupt government. Well on a positive note at least in the US I can get away with saying that.

Yep I feel ya! (yes donk4life I do have a problem) I just wrote a ridiculously long and whining blog about this same thing. I so so so badly miss my pre BF days on PokerStars and I so so so hate playing on Merge. Life just pretty much sucks right now. FU DOJ, FU Harry Reid and Caesar's Entertainment, FU our corrupt government. Well on a positive note at least in the US I can get away with saying that.
Wait....you are unhappy with the events since BF? Would have never known......

So am I taking this way too hard? Should I seek professional help? Does anyone have Dr. Phil's phone number? Maybe I should call ****ing Caesar's gambling hotline and tell them to go **** themselves.On a positive note I am leaving for vacation for a week in about 2 hours. No I'm not driving after being up all night. Maybe I'll have a new and improved attitude when I return.

pretty much agree with this post 100% I started being able to win in poker in like late 2009 and then was offered a couple backing deals where I was fairly successful in I think. I haven't made as much money as some here but I made enough to support my drinking habits and then some which is just fine by me. I don't think I'm quite as angry as DD, but who is really?Life is just really boring nowadays.

Great post, MSPI am still really optimistic that we get online poker back before the end of 2012 so imo, now it's just a waiting game.Doesn't cure the boredom though. I really miss playing online.Golf, hiking, lolive poker, summer school and bar-b-ques ftw

On a positive note I am leaving for vacation for a week in about 2 hours. No I'm not driving after being up all night. Maybe I'll have a new and improved attitude when I return.
Is it a vacation to go... gamble?pg28_gary_loveman-copy_comp.jpg
So am I taking this way too hard? Should I seek professional help? Does anyone have Dr. Phil's phone number? Maybe I should call ****ing Caesar's gambling hotline and tell them to go **** themselves.On a positive note I am leaving for vacation for a week in about 2 hours. No I'm not driving after being up all night. Maybe I'll have a new and improved attitude when I return.
I respect how big a hit this was for you...i really do. But it seems that a thread cannot exist with you just doomclouding it. I'm saying this as kindly as humanly possible....but just stfu a little bit mabye. Short of that....create a single thread called "diamond dixie's super mad about BF thread of hate", and just post in there whenever you need to. Honestly, you've done a disservice to my small little story with your standard plague of F this, F that. I'm guessing this isn't the 1st thread in the last month you've done that to.
I am still really optimistic that we get online poker back before the end of 2012
Just in time for Armageddon.Anyone here bought or built bomb shelters yet??
I respect how big a hit this was for you...i really do. But it seems that a thread cannot exist with you just doomclouding it. I'm saying this as kindly as humanly possible....but just stfu a little bit mabye. Short of that....create a single thread called "diamond dixie's super mad about BF thread of hate", and just post in there whenever you need to. Honestly, you've done a disservice to my small little story with your standard plague of F this, F that. I'm guessing this isn't the 1st thread in the last month you've done that to.
oh-snap.jpg

Question for DD:If online poker came back, would this ------>

happen to you???I almost don't want it to if that's the case, but on 2nd thought, the thought of you doing it would be too priceless to pass up. :)BRING BACK ONLINE POKER, DOJ. FOR DIXIE'S SAKE!!!

Follow up question for DD:When the DOJ shut down online poker, did this... ---------->

happen to you??Sorry Dixie, I couldn't resist, but these are serious questions that need to be answered!
Great post, MSPI am still really optimistic that we get online poker back before the end of 2012 so imo, now it's just a waiting game.Doesn't cure the boredom though. I really miss playing online.Golf, hiking, lolive poker, summer school and bar-b-ques ftw
What happen to 2011 ? :club:

I woke up this morning and turned on my DLP bigscreen. The lamp is burned out. awesome. Nothings open on Sunday where I live and I can't get a new one until tomorrow. I can't watch TV without moving my smaller TV from the bedroom to the living room. NHL conf finals, NBA conf finals, the Hopkins fight I had to re-record because HBO didn't allow for the live event to go long and my recording from last night ended in the 10th round. AND NO POKER!I guess I could clean my house or go outside and do something.

I woke up this morning and turned on my DLP bigscreen. The lamp is burned out. awesome. Nothings open on Sunday where I live and I can't get a new one until tomorrow. I can't watch TV without moving my smaller TV from the bedroom to the living room. NHL conf finals, NBA conf finals, the Hopkins fight I had to re-record because HBO didn't allow for the live event to go long and my recording from last night ended in the 10th round. AND NO POKER!I guess I could clean my house or go outside and do something.
Ugh, this is 8 shades of suck. :(Ill save you on one of them though.Bulls 98 - Heat 93
What happen to 2011 ? :club:
haha... upon further investigation into how long legislation takes, 2011 might be a bit aggressive. It could still sneak through tho:D

hi msp. i just read your post. it is really good and describes many of our feelings about BFonline poker will come back to the united states in the future, we just have to get through this period of time