Best Tv Episodes Of All Time

After watching "Ozymandias" Breaking Bad last week, I thought to myself, "Self, this might be the single greatest episode of television in the history of television."

I tried to make a Top 10 BEST TV EVER list, but my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I died of a stroke. All of TV is just too large for me to hold in my head at once, and I refuse to use Google Internet to answer the question. Before I blacked out and started bleeding from my nose, I thought of one episode that I thought belonged on the same level as "Ozymandias" Breaking Bad.

If you guys have anything to add, I'd really like to hear it. I'd prefer you not just be like, "Hey, remember that episode of Seinfeld? When they were in the Chinese Restaurant? That was pretty good. Maybe not BEST EVER, but it was pretty good. Groundbreaking. Also the masturbation one." Try to focus on episodes that are transcendent, that you truly believe epitomize the medium.

Anyway, my one that I thought of was "Decoy" Justified.

If you haven't seen the show, you should watch every single episode, because it is among the most well realized (and best) shows I've ever seen. It features two of the best characters in the modern TV catalog. Timothy Olyphant's Raylan Givens is a US Marshall Cowboy Badass, and I hate cowboys and badasses and westerns, but he's awesome. Walton Goggins' Boyd Crowder is my favorite character on television right now. He's well acted, smart, well written, unique, and all sorts of other things. There are a number of other actors and players in the show, each of whom is perfectly written, characterized, cast, and acted, which lends a depth to the show that truly sets it apart.

Also that episode I referenced earlier features Patton Oswalt being a fucking badass. You underestimate him at your peril

EDIT:

I dated a girl that looked a lot like Eva Crowder. Her hair was slightly darker and her cheekbones weren't so high and nobody is as thin as her, but larger breasts, so... yay.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How could I have not remembered the WKRP turkey episode. I doubt I've ever laughed so hard in my life.  

South Park -- Scott Tenorman Must Die

Its been beaten into the dirt but charlie murphy true hollywood stories is by far the funniest thing ive seen on tv

Does anyone remember that episode of It's Always Sunny with the pro-wrestling. Hilarious. Maybe best ever. Also, the Sunny episode where they performed the musical Charles wrote. Awesome.

The car trip/ ****** toe episode of Louie. I dont know about the rest of yall but i took a lot of car rides as a kid to visit a lot of ignorant old relatives, so that episode was particularly salient to me.

Pine Barrens is easily my fav Sopranos episode. Pissed me off the never did anything with that plot line

Charlie gets an abortion was when i relized IASIP was different but intetvention was my fav. I also love the colonial flash back episode, because they take a big shit on havky television convention.

The wire is difficult to pick out a single episode because its so seemless as a series, but the bunk- mcnulty **** dialog is my fav scene.

The taming of the shrew moonlighting was very memorable as a kid, dunno how it would hold up.

The best episode of a bad series was David Crosses guest spot as a fake retard on just shoot me. I think thats yhe show, that shitty David spade fashion magazine sitcom.

The season finale of season 1 of Homeland is probably my favourite single episode of television ever.

Season Finale of season 3 of Curb your Enthusiasm - The Grand Opening.

The wire is difficult to pick out a single episode because its so seemless as a series, but the bunk- mcnulty **** dialog is my fav scene.

Good call. I had difficulty picking one episode of The Wire that stood out as well. That scene is great though.

I know it's everybody's least favourite season (not mine), but the final few episodes of Season 2 were a standout for me.

Um no. Season 2 is one of the best.

It's just that Wallace in season 1 and Stringer in season 3 have jarring moments. As a story arc, season 2 is outstanding.

Speaking of which, Wallace big moment at the end of season 1 really woke me up to good TV. I actually couldn't believe how amazing that episode was. That kid should have won an Oscar. (and Golden Globe, Emmy, and Tony award)

I love TV, the storytelling. I think what can do is related to longer story arcs, and an audience's familiarity with the character. It's starting to catch up with the visuals. More and more homes have high def, large tvs. A television director can put a lot on the screen.

My love for an episode like Ozymandias relies on my memory of everything that came before--maybe I could enjoy it as a one off--but I love it because I've seen Hank and Walt in each other's homes, enjoying suburban living.

I'm trying to think of a deadwood episode but that show was so amazing that no single ep stands out in my mind. Maybe the one where Hearst cuts of Al's finger.

Another show I remember in terms of scenes. ********** Wu. Wild bill calling kunt eye a kunt. The lacky fight. Every scene with racist steve

Ozymandias still has a perfect 10 score on IMDB with over 30,000 votes.

I think the first TV episode that made me think "holy shit" was the the ER episode where Lucy was killed. But I don't remember anything else about it.