Tj9422 Book Review

First post 11/08/07----------->last update 11/21/07

Tj9422 Book reviewI will post reviews here on books as i read them

The Poker MindsetEssential attitudes for poker successAuthor Ian Taylor & Matthew Hilger

I came across this book looking over the books on poker at the book store.It caught my eye because the subject was more on the thinking of a poker player. something my game needed

Points of Book

• The poker mindsetOvercoming your instinctsbad beats and losing big potsDownswingsTiltLooking after your bankrollInto the mind of your opponentsadvance topicspoker and life

The book opened my mind with the topics other then card play. I feel this is a good book for all players from the beginner to the pro.I will have to reread this book to give a better review

first read around: 06/01/07 will post more when I looked over the again to give a more detailed review----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Theory Of PokerAuthor: David Sklansky

I have a long list of books to read. This one has move up to the top of it. It seems good for all players from beginners to Pros. Ever one says its the pokers players must read

Points of book

• Beyond beginning pokerexpectation and hourly ratethe fundamental theorem of pokerthe ante structurepot oddseffective oddsimplied odds and reverse implied oddsthe value of deceptionwin the big pots right awaythe free cardthe semi-bluffdefense against the semi-bluffraisingcheck-raisingslow playingloose and tight playpositionbluffinggame theory and bluffinginducing and stopping bluffsheads-up on the endreading handsthe psychology of pokeranalysis at the tableevaluating the gamerules of play
  1. five-card drawseven-card studhold'emfive-card studdraw lowballrazzhigh-low split

Started to read the book on 11/01/07This book is a must have for ever poker player...... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a book review of Mark Blade's here is the link

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=111416&hl=

I do have more books to post reviews on. when i have them in order i will post.At this time i am in the middle of The Theory of Poker---By David SklanskyWill post review when i am finished.

I have just seen a post in another part of this forum on books, http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=109872&hl=Andromeda Has a nice list of (nl-holdem)books to look over. i have some on my list will reveiw them when iI get to reading them... take a look if yo want others to read.....i will post more after i read some others good luck palying....

i am working on reading more will post a list of all soon...a Review will follow after... all reviews will be in this post or link will be added to first post....

• 1 month later...
My wish list for Christmas had a lot of poker books on it, Santa was very good to me. Here is a list of all the poker boks on my shelf.

Poker Base books

• The Theory of Poker: David Sklansky

• Super System 1: Doyle Brunson

• Super System 2: Doyle Brunson

• Poker Essays: Mason Malmuth

For both hold'em and stud players

• Poker Essays Volume II: Mason Malmuth

• Poker Essays Volume III: Mason Malmuth

• Hold'em Wisdom For All Players: Daniel Negreanu

• Phil Gordon's Poker Box Set: Phil Gordon

The box set includes three books from Phil.

Phil Gordon's Little Black Book: Beginning poker lessons and the no limit lifestyle

Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book: More lessons and hand analysis in no limit texas hold'em

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: lessons and teachings in no limit texas hol'em

• Play Poker Like The Pros: Phil Hellmuth, Jr.

• ESPN The Best Hand I Ever Played: Steve Rosenbloom

52 Winning poker lessons from the world's greatest players

• The Rules of Poker: Lou Krieger and Sheree Bykofsky

Essentials for ever game

• 52 Great Poker Tips at home, tournament and online: Lou Krieger

HOLD'EM BOOKS

• Hold'em Poker: David Sklansky

• Small Stakes Hold'em Winning Big With Exert Play: David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth And Ed Miller

• Hold'em Poker For Advanced Players: David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth

• Winner's Guide To Texas Hold'em Poker: Ken Warren

The smart player's guide to winning at hold'em

• Winning Low Limit Hold'em: Lee Jones

• How Good is Your Limit Hold'em: Byron Jacobs with Jim Brier

No-Limit Based Books

• No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice: David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth

Tournament Based Books

• Tournament Poker For Advanced Players: David Sklansky

• Harrington on Hold'em Expert Strategy For No-limit Tournaments: Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie

Volume I: Strategic Play

Odds and Probabilities

• Texas Hold'em Odds and Probabilites: Matthew Hilger

Limit,no-limit tournament strategies

Internet Based Books

• Internet Taxes Hold'em Winning Strategies From An Internet Pro: Mathew Hilger

• Killer Poker Online 2: John Vorhaus

Advanced strategies for crushing the internet game

• Sit' N Go Strategy: Collin Moshman

Expert advice for beating one-table poker tournaments

• Earn $30,000 Per Month Playing Online Poker: Ryan Wiseman

A step bystep to single table tournaments

Books Based on Improving Your Game and Poker Play

• The Poker Mindset Essential Attitudes For Poker Success: Ian Taylor And Mathew Hilger

• Professional Poker The Essential Guide To Playing For A Living: Mark Blade

• The Psychology Of Poker: Alan N. Schoonmaker, Ph.D.

• Poker Face Mastering Body Language To Bluff, Read Tells and Win: Judi James

Reviews will be posted after I have read the Book and have time to.