Daniel's Weekly Video Blogs

Daniel is having a lot of fun with his new weekly video rant as he's doing all of the editing and production himself.There are a few different ways you can watch them.We have them all on one page embedded on FCP.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-neg.../video-blog.phpThey are also all available on Daniel's You Tube channel.http://www.youtube.com/user/DNegreanu#g/uEach week he's getting a little bit better with the production qualities.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weekly Rant May 16- Santa Monica

Heard that blog got dN banned from 2+2 for spamming.
He made a thread yesterday I think about ISeriesLive and they deleted it and gave him a warning for spamming and then when he linked to his latest blog in the thread they have there created by a mod to talk about his video blogs they gave him a one day ban.Pretty silly, if somebody else posted the link to his blog it's okay but if he does it then they ban him.

Here is exactly what happened: Iseries press release was available at the site, so I posted a thread about it since I assumed, as normal, people would want to discuss the series as they have with any other league, tournament, or tour. The old, "Will it work" discussion, etc. Didn't even think it was odd, just wanted to be first, since I knew a thread was inevitable. They took down the thread. Then someone ELSE, no idea who, started a thread called "Live Betting on Poker" and were discussing iSeries. Since I know a lot about it, I assumed they'd WANT knowledgeable people posting in the thread, so I added some comments and addressed some concerns voiced by a few posters. They took the thread down! I spend ALL of Tuesday editing my new vlog and finished up around 2am and uploaded it. There is a dedicated thread on there called "Daniel's Offical Vlog Thread" where each week someone posts a link to my new vlog and then comments on it. So I decided to post the link in that dedicated thread, and also in the "Daniel Negreanu PhotoShop" thread mentioning that I used some of their pics since I felt that was relevant to the thread. Then they banned me! LOL. In my vlog I've discussed Epic Poker, FTP poker, WPT, WSOP, etc. none of which, from what I know, spend money advertising with 2+2. They never had any problem with that, nor do they have problems with people posting threads about other tourney events like PremierLeague, or even cash game shows like HSP. The only difference between Iseries and those entities is that you can bet on it. Mind you, 90% of the posters on that forum are US, so they are NOT even a viable market at all! They can't even bet on it. Let's not even get into the fact that high profile posters contributing to their forums helps drive traffic which makes them $$$. This event is going to happen, and poker fans are going to want to talk about it. 2+2 has taken a North Korean like approach to it by censoring what posters are allowed to discuss on the forum. There have been TONS of threads in the past where people discuss who they think will win, what the odds are, etc. Clearly, and I mean CLEARLY they are completely out of touch with how social media works today, as well as the current poker landscape. Twitter, FaceBook, and YouTube are FREE avenues to promote and advertise and they are also 1000% more effective than spending money on forum advertising... to a market that you can NOT profit from! Iseries for US residents is simply an opportunity to watch LIVE poker, with holecards, on the web... FOR FREE. NO PROFIT. Their decision to ban me and pull the threads is simply a shakedown. They are hoping that they can squeeze a few bucks out of the Iseries to put up banners, and completely overestimating their importance in the poker world, which isn't new for them.

The management and ownership of 4 is completely out of touch, full stop. (And it's not just this incident that makes me say that.)
They haven't been able to survive off poker for a very long time so I guess they have to protect their only source of survival. Mason is also pretty much a nutcase lol.
out of interest, what's the deal with the random pics of hot girls at the end?
When are hot girls at the end of a blog ever a bad thing? HAHAHA!!! I like pics of hot women and it's my damn blog so I share em :-)
When are hot girls at the end of a blog ever a bad thing? HAHAHA!!! I like pics of hot women and it's my damn blog so I share em :-)
Daniel will you be boycotting twoplustwo in he future and not posting there? I wouldn't blame you they are pretty clueless over there.

Daniel I think you're a good guy and although your points may be in line you've quite clearly broken a rule that you were warned, infracted and eventually banned for. I certainly think that a lot of laws in my country are pretty stupid but I still have to follow them, otherwise I face the consequences. Fwiw, I think that twoplustwo is modded really well and in line with the general consensus of the forum (even if a lot of people are outraged at this decision), with the general rule being if you spam, you get banned. For a forum with over a quarter of a million members, it'd be completely wrong to allow one 'celebrity' poster to be above the rules.I hope this won't detract you from posting on 2p2 again because I think you add to a really vibrant discussion, but I think the mods and admins have absolutely made the right decision in this case.

Yeah, Mason banned me (twice) for posting in conversations about something said on The Hardcore Poker Show. Apparently THAT was spam too. Apparently, when Mike Matusow called Ivey names on the show, that wasnt news, it was spam... I simply stopped posting there. Eventually everyone will. Oh, speaking of Spam.... we have a new poker show, called The Poker Show With Chris Tessaro, on Sportsnet Radio Fan590. Podcasts are available on the website. DN was the guest on the premiere episode...podcasts here: http://www.fan590.com/onair/more.jsp?conte...202_095649_7848

Daniel I think you're a good guy and although your points may be in line you've quite clearly broken a rule that you were warned, infracted and eventually banned for. I certainly think that a lot of laws in my country are pretty stupid but I still have to follow them, otherwise I face the consequences. Fwiw, I think that twoplustwo is modded really well and in line with the general consensus of the forum (even if a lot of people are outraged at this decision), with the general rule being if you spam, you get banned. For a forum with over a quarter of a million members, it'd be completely wrong to allow one 'celebrity' poster to be above the rules.I hope this won't detract you from posting on 2p2 again because I think you add to a really vibrant discussion, but I think the mods and admins have absolutely made the right decision in this case.
Emphatically disagree with you and don't think it's close. I've been posting on there for 10+ years and brought them loads of traffic which translates to dollars. I got a warning not to post a thread. I didn't. I posted my vlog in a thread titled "Daniels Official vlog thread." then without warning was banned. They are beyond absurd and have totally shot themselves in the foot. In 10 years I've covered a ton of topics that I could potentially "profit" from with no ban or warning. This is clearly a case of Mason's meds cocktail being off balance.
Emphatically disagree with you and don't think it's close. I've been posting on there for 10+ years and brought them loads of traffic which translates to dollars. I got a warning not to post a thread. I didn't. I posted my vlog in a thread titled "Daniels Official vlog thread." then without warning was banned. They are beyond absurd and have totally shot themselves in the foot. In 10 years I've covered a ton of topics that I could potentially "profit" from with no ban or warning. This is clearly a case of Mason's meds cocktail being off balance.
No-one is suggesting that you haven't done a lot for 2p2 over the past decade and that the higher ups shouldn't be grateful for the amount of traffic you've brought them. However like you've made clear in your last post, it is a business. A lot of companies, including your employers spend a boatload of money advertising on the site and it certainly won't look particularly good to potential clients if they're handing out freebies. Furthermore, in your eyes they should clearly cut you some slack, and perhaps that is the case, but where do we draw the line? I hate to go all 'slippery slope' but if you should be cut slack, whats the minimum someone should have done to essentially earn free advertising on the site?In regards to your last point that you've done it in the past, it's an argument I hear every day and it really confuses me. If the rules are laid out with regards to spamming, which they are, then the fact that there has been inconsistent modding over the last 10 years doesn't suddenly make spamming alright, it just means that you've been given slack in the past and now they've changed how hard they're going to enforce it.Although I'm sure it doesn't matter to you as you soon a man of principal, but it's a pretty measly punishment as well (if I understand correctly that it was a one-day ban that is, I could be mistaken). It's not as if you've been hung out to dry by Mason. If you've committed a crime (against the 2p2 TOS) then it's a very small one and you've been handed a very small punishment. I'll echo again what I said at the end of my last post, that as a 2p2 poster (rather than an owner) it's great having you around so I hope this doesn't detract you from posting more.

what's confusing me is, how is posting a link to DN's video blog, in a thead, dedicated to DN's video blog, spamming? doesn't really matter who posts itor did DN post a link to the iseries video?

what's confusing me is, how is posting a link to DN's video blog, in a thead, dedicated to DN's video blog, spamming? doesn't really matter who posts itor did DN post a link to the iseries video?
He posted a link to You Tube for his video blog. Their policy is that self promotion of any kind isn't allowed so you can't link to your blog etc but somebody else can.
He posted a link to You Tube for his video blog. Their policy is that self promotion of any kind isn't allowed so you can't link to your blog etc but somebody else can.
lol riiiiiiight. good to see they use no common sense in their moderation so.
You posted your Vblog in two different threads, you've never posted a link to your vblog prior to this one that just happens to be a 6 minute infomercial about your new pet project. (among other subjects)I personally think this could have been handled differently but that being said you may want to step back take a deep breath and reconsider your statements in this thread. You've posted in 2+2 for 10 years, you got a one day ban for what may or may not have been justified. Big deal, get over it and straighten it out. I'm pretty sure you're a better man than to act like a butt hurt NVGtard over this, make a statement on 2+2 and lets get back to having fun.