Jump to content


Bin Laden Is Dead


  • Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#81 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

    Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

  • Members
  • 38,357 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sudbury
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM, said:

Really?Who are you, All-in?If you can't see the difference between the US and Allies going through extraordinary measures to the point of increasing the risk to our own soldiers in order to minimize danger to Civilians who have been put into the target zone by their Leaders and the Terrorists vs. taking a Civilian Aircraft full of Civilian Men, Women, and Children and purposely flying it into a Civilian building to maximize Civilian deaths - well then frankly you're either just Trolling at this point or just as delusional as the Terrorists.
Oh I see the difference between the actual acts, but YOU fail to see the similarities in the intentions. It's not your fault though. It's what you've been taught your whole life. Support our troops!It's funny how it always resorts to trolling or delusional when someone disagrees.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#82 Spademan

Spademan

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 4,977 posts
  • Location:NC

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 8:21 AM, said:

Oh I see the difference between the actual acts, but YOU fail to see the similarities in the intentions. It's not your fault though. It's what you've been taught your whole life. Support our troops!It's funny how it always resorts to trolling or delusional when someone disagrees.
By Crom.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#83 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Location:Motown
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM, said:

Oh I see the difference between the actual acts, but YOU fail to see the similarities in the intentions. It's not your fault though. It's what you've been taught your whole life. Support our troops!It's funny how it always resorts to trolling or delusional when someone disagrees.
Similarities in the intentions?!?What the **** are you talking about? The intentions couldn't be less similar. In one case the intention is to minimize civilian casualties, in the other the intention was to maximize civilian causalities. Yeah. I've been brainwashed to believe one is better than the other. Call me a sheep. In this case I guess I am fine being a sheep.And yes, when you post a picture of the former President of the United States and equate him to Saddam and OBL and imply he should be murdered... Yeah, I'll go with Troll.

#84 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

    Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

  • Members
  • 38,357 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sudbury
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 10:25 AM, said:

Similarities in the intentions?!?What the **** are you talking about? The intentions couldn't be less similar. In one case the intention is to minimize civilian casualties, in the other the intention was to maximize civilian causalities. Yeah. I've been brainwashed to believe one is better than the other. Call me a sheep. In this case I guess I am fine being a sheep.And yes, when you post a picture of the former President of the United States and equate him to Saddam and OBL and imply he should be murdered. Yeah, I'll go with Troll.
Do you really believe that US miltary presence in the middle east was intended to minimize civilian casualties? And please enlighten me as to why George W. Bush is so much better (or any different) than Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden?I'm not trolling at all, but if it makes you feel better to believe that then good for you.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#85 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

    Ending the world one proton at a time

  • Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manhattan
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:37 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 11:30 AM, said:

And please enlighten me as to why George W. Bush is so much better (or any different) than Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden?
Sigh.

#86 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

    Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

  • Members
  • 38,357 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sudbury
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:39 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 10:37 AM, said:

Sigh.
Sorry, I'll need to see more.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#87 hblask

hblask

    Perpetual slow learner

  • Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:41 AM

View PostZealous Donkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 9:14 AM, said:

I think early reports that he was killed a week ago were incorrect. He was killed yesterday.
Wow, I saw a week ago on several different sources, that seems like a pretty big error for them to make.So they did DNA testing, facial recognition, AND buried him at sea within a couple hours?Don't make me go back and read all the articles again.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton


#88 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

    Ending the world one proton at a time

  • Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manhattan
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

View Posthblask, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM, said:

Wow, I saw a week ago on several different sources, that seems like a pretty big error for them to make.So they did DNA testing, facial recognition, AND buried him at sea within a couple hours?Don't make me go back and read all the articles again.
Apparently, yes. I'm sure they kept enough of him around somewhere as DNA proof.

#89 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

I have mixed feelings.On the one hand the Navy Seals are bad dudes, and get the credit.On the other hand I kind of would have preferred the Marines to get the kill, I feel they've carried the lion's share of the burden in this war.Of course the Air Force is where my family is from, so I would have liked to know they at least flew CAPAnd the Army is filled with guys who have sacrificed for years.But at the end of the day, he's dead.Hopefully they shoved a pork sausage down his throat as he was passing and they post a picture of it on Al Jazeera next to the beheadings.JM, nice to see you back, very good return post even though I hate it.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#90 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 8:30 AM, said:

Do you really believe that US miltary presence in the middle east was intended to minimize American civilian casualties?
FYP and YesAND it worked
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#91 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri, USA
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM, said:

I have mixed feelings.On the one hand the Navy Seals are bad dudes, and get the credit.On the other hand I kind of would have preferred the Marines to get the kill, I feel they've carried the lion's share of the burden in this war.Of course the Air Force is where my family is from, so I would have liked to know they at least flew CAPAnd the Army is filled with guys who have sacrificed for years.But at the end of the day, he's dead.Hopefully they shoved a pork sausage down his throat as he was passing and they post a picture of it on Al Jazeera next to the beheadings.JM, nice to see you back, very good return post even though I hate it.
I think it is good the Navy got the kill because of the USS Cole. But all military deserves to be celebrated today.
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

#92 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

    Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

  • Members
  • 38,357 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sudbury
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM, said:

I have mixed feelings.On the one hand the Navy Seals are bad dudes, and get the credit.On the other hand I kind of would have preferred the Marines to get the kill, I feel they've carried the lion's share of the burden in this war.Of course the Air Force is where my family is from, so I would have liked to know they at least flew CAPAnd the Army is filled with guys who have sacrificed for years.But at the end of the day, he's dead.Hopefully they shoved a pork sausage down his throat as he was passing and they post a picture of it on Al Jazeera next to the beheadings.JM, nice to see you back, very good return post even though I hate it.

View PostZealous Donkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 10:51 AM, said:

I think it is good the Navy got the kill because of the USS Cole. But all military deserves to be celebrated today.
LOL
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#93 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 8:53 AM, said:

LOL
You think its funny, but I GUARANTEE that this incident will be used to justify cutting one branch of service's budget and increases another's.The internal squabble over which of our military branches is the most important is a non-stop battle in the Pentagon, which is weird because we all know that at the end of the day the Air Force is the best.If I really had my wish, the person who got to shoot Osama would have been a wife of a service man who has been alone for 3 tours while her husband has been serving.That or Donald Trump for obvious reasons.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#94 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

And the unintended consequences of this is that it is now no longer the most dangerous job in the world to be the second in command of Al-Qeda.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#95 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

View PostZealous Donkey, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 8:51 AM, said:

I think it is good the Navy got the kill because of the USS Cole. But all military deserves to be celebrated today.
Reminded me of this:Posted Image
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#96 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

    Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

  • Members
  • 38,357 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sudbury
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 10:57 AM, said:

You think its funny, but I GUARANTEE that this incident will be used to justify cutting one branch of service's budget and increases another's.The internal squabble over which of our military branches is the most important is a non-stop battle in the Pentagon, which is weird because we all know that at the end of the day the Air Force is the best.If I really had my wish, the person who got to shoot Osama would have been a wife of a service man who has been alone for 3 tours while her husband has been serving.That or Donald Trump for obvious reasons.
I don't disagree that this will be USED for something. I was laughing because I found it funny to read such a post from you. All I could think of was "Thou shalt not kill," but in all fairness I don't know much about your religious faith other than you post often in the religion forum.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#97 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

    KOWTF

  • Members
  • 3,322 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 7:29 AM, said:

(These responses to your statement are supposed to come across as obvious, because they really are. Were you really not able to think of them, or are you just being purposely contrarian to show how cool you are?)
I kind of had the same reaction as SA21. "Really? They got him? Cool. [pause] I wish there was a basketball game on right now."I certainly recognize why it's a good thing, but I never felt like celebrating.That MSNBC article was pretty cool. Reminded me a lot of some of the Jack Ryan Tom Clancy novels.

#98 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

So now we hear that Gitmo detainees were the source for the locations of the couriers that eventually led to the Osama compound.Good thing Obama decided to keep it open.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#99 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 27,233 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#100 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

Look familiar?Posted Image
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users