February Goals

January Results and Analysis

• 22,913 hands over 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, 4/8 and 5/10 LHE, with >17k being at 3/6. Pretty good total for me. If I didn't get sidetracked into SNGs and MTTs everyonce in a while, I could probably do 30-40k. Overall happy with that though.
  • Winrate of 0.79 BB/100. I'm a little disappointed with this. I think it could be a bit higher, as I feel I have the ability to run longterm around 1.5 BB/100. Nonethless, anything >0 is something to be happy about, and to make myself feel better, I do think I ran pretty poorly at some points in the month.
  • +$1,557.77 in cash game profits. Good month so far. Again though, I'd like to do better at the tables, but I felt like I was colddecked a bit throughout the month, and my lower winrate could have a lot to do with my changeover to SH LHE and readjusting to that.
  • +$1,285.60 in Rakeback over the 16,748 hands I played at Absolute. WTF took me so long to get a rakeback deal?
  • I've also accounted for a profit of +$1,490.60 that is spread out between bonuses over the month, and playing SNGs on Stars. My estimate would be about $800-900 in bonus, and $590-690 in profit from mostly the $27 turbo SNGs on Stars.

Grand Total: +$4,333.97This month has been my best ever, thanks a ton to rakeback and bonuses. I also play quite a few hands over the month, well, more than I usually do, but probably less than I will try to do in the future months.February Goals

• 20,000 hands at 3/6 LHE and up online. I'll be in Vegas for a week, so I've lowered my goal a bit here.
  • $5,000 in profit, after bonus and rakeback.
  • Win some money while in Vegas.

Now, let's hear yours.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First Goal :Stop withdrawing money for stupid unnecessary expenses. My bankroll can't grow cus i keep withdrawing like everytime before i go out at night.I will proceed from here once i accomplish this one.****Good thread Zachary. Where did you get the idea?

Just came to me as I was attempting to study for the TWO exams I have tomorrow morning... :club:
lol i know the feeling. You'd be amazed to hear the ideas i come up with while avoiding to study.Once i cleaned my room to delay studying.

Pending tonights results, for january ive played 48k hands and im up $12,500. The majority being 5/10, a fair amount at 10/20 and a bit of 15/30 and 3/6 mixed in.Im looking to play 60k hands for february and im shooting for $14,000 this time around.

Absolute-- $3270 (+794) - Includes throwing my last $600 from Neteller into AP.Bodog-- $1388 (+100) - Moved down to $25NL because apparently I lack the skill to beat $50NL. Pretty depressing.PokerStars-- $524 (+136) - Cleared $150 bonus, so technically another losing month at RiverStars. :club: As of tomorrow, I'm withdrawing $2000 from AP and $1000 from Bodog. That along with my change jar :D will give me about a $4000 bankroll. This will become my " live play" bankroll, which I'll use toward 1/2 2/5 NLHE cash games and the occasional donkament. Probably a little shortrolled, I don't care since its all profit from the low limit grind online.I also plan to start posting hands from live play including reads to hopefully improve my game. Now I just need to find some juicy games in my area.

January Results

• I feel like my MTT game is as good as it's ever been, so I'm going to cautiously predict at least a couple big cashes.Only got the one big cash, but it was a doozy (7.5k).
  • I haven't really played much cash lately, but I'm looking forward to branching out into some other games.Stuck to Hold Em almost exclusively. =/
  • If I hit a rough stretch, I'm prepared to get back into 2/3 NLHE...but I'd certainly like to start getting into 3/6 and 5/10.Playing both levels regularly/profitably towards the end of the month.
  • If I really feel like stressing/challenging myself, I'll jump back on the SHLHE wagon.I guess I felt like stressing/challenging myself, and it's gone well for the most part.
  • On a forum related note, I want to get back into the habit of posting hands...not necessarily for my benefit, but for the benefit of discussion.Check.

February Goals

• Become overall profitable at 3/6 NLHE.
  • Continue taking shots at 5/10 NL and 30/60 Limit.
  • Build my BR to $30k.

January Results
  • I feel like my MTT game is as good as it's ever been, so I'm going to cautiously predict at least a couple big cashes.Only got the one big cash, but it was a doozy (7.5k).
  • I haven't really played much cash lately, but I'm looking forward to branching out into some other games.Stuck to Hold Em almost exclusively. =/
  • If I hit a rough stretch, I'm prepared to get back into 2/3 NLHE...but I'd certainly like to start getting into 3/6 and 5/10.Playing both levels regularly/profitably towards the end of the month.
  • If I really feel like stressing/challenging myself, I'll jump back on the SHLHE wagon.I guess I felt like stressing/challenging myself, and it's gone well for the most part.
  • On a forum related note, I want to get back into the habit of posting hands...not necessarily for my benefit, but for the benefit of discussion.Check.

February Goals

• Become overall profitable at 3/6 NLHE.
  • Continue taking shots at 5/10 NL and 30/60 Limit.
  • Build my BR to $30k.

Weren't you busto like 2-3 weeks ago? Now you are running to 30k.I hate you people.

January Results: 17,800+ hands played over 25nl & 50nl and I made just about $600. Im pretty happy with this because about 12k of those hands were at 25nl, so i actually did pretty well for myself and had my first "consistent" month in a long long time. I reached the 'silver' level of Full Tilts Iron Man promotion for the first time too...not that you get much for this stuff, but its fun to aim for. I'll also be getting back another $150+ from rakeback this month, also pretty good for most of my hands being at 25nl. For being just about busto in december i'm very happy with how my game is these days and hope i can continue it through february. February Goals: I'll set a modest goal of 15k hands, I easily beat it in january, but Feb. is a short month so we'll see how it goes. I'd also like to again reach at least 'Silver' status for FTP's Iron man. I'd love to be able to make $1k in profits this month, hopefully just from playing, but more realistically including rakeback. Start taking shots at 100nl and hopefully move up for good near the end of the month.

After a crazy run in January (went from ~600 to ~2400 to ~1600, then cashed out 1000) and have around 600 or so left online right now.My goals for this month are to stick to strictly tournament poker. No cash games at all.I seem to do well in the 180 sng's on stars then donk the money away in cash games.I want to post at minimum two wins this month in mtt's of >50 people, play hopefully 30-50of them, and go from 600 to around a thousand. I'd be happy with that.

jan: well, when my rakeback payment hit on the 15th, I was finally unbusto. So, I did something stupid and played Lo8 3/6 6, and made 40 BBs :club: From there, I've been working my roll back from the 450 I started with to now being slightly under 1200 right now through sngs on FT. Feb Goal: to play between 300-350 sngs and hopefully get my roll up to 4 or 5K by the end of the month and then go back to playing SHLHE and also mix in some O8. I also want to get money onto stars somehow so I can divide my time between FT and stars so I can get in more Turbosstarting roll: $1188

Keith, the turbo SNGs on Stars are effing gold mines. I've been addicted to the $27s lately, even though I could probably play higher within my roll. I've played a few of the $32s and one $60, and they were basically the same. (Why do they have such weird jumps between levels with these, btw... it goes 6.50, 16, 27, 35, 60...)

i've been playing the 24s and 36s turbos on stars and my ROI right now is at 18% after 179 of them. I probably put in something like 120 in the past two weeks, so that's not bad for me to get back into the swing of things. I'm being an uber nit with my roll right now, cause well, I don't want to have the last three months of last year ever happen to me again. If I didn't have a bad day today, I'd probably be at like 1500 right now. I bubbled probably 4 times in the 36s and 3 times in the 24s, and then I was getting thirds like it was my job. its all good, cause this was my first losing day since I got back, so I'm just hoping that I have a huge feb. and I'll probably even play some donkaments and see if I can really get back going

JanuaryEnded up playing about 10k hands ranging from 1/2 SH - 5/10 SH (a couple ill advised "shots"). Mostly 2/4 FR and 1/2 SH though. Overall, I didn't win a ton, only about $300 cash and about $200 in rakeback. I did achieve Silver on FullTilt, so I accomplished that goal. Essentially, I accomplished or exceeded all the goals I set at the beginning of the month, so it was a successful one.FebruaryShort month and I'll be moving at the end, so I'm setting the bar low. Let's say, 7.5k hands...mostly 2/4 FR, with a little 1/2 SH and 3/6 FR and maybe a little 2/4 SH. Be disciplined and avoid doing stupid **** like playing SHLHE outside my BR. Earn about $350 at the tables and $150 or so in rakeback. Turn my $1260ish on FullTilt into at least $1600 and preferrably $1800 at the end of the month.Earn Silver on FullTilt.

i've been playing the 24s and 36s turbos on stars and my ROI right now is at 18% after 179 of them. I probably put in something like 120 in the past two weeks, so that's not bad for me to get back into the swing of things. I'm being an uber nit with my roll right now, cause well, I don't want to have the last three months of last year ever happen to me again. If I didn't have a bad day today, I'd probably be at like 1500 right now. I bubbled probably 4 times in the 36s and 3 times in the 24s, and then I was getting thirds like it was my job. its all good, cause this was my first losing day since I got back, so I'm just hoping that I have a huge feb. and I'll probably even play some donkaments and see if I can really get back going
I'm going to assume you meant FTP for those.I've played maybe 40 on Stars, and my ROI is like 75%. :club:...Sustainable, obv.

february goals: +$3500no drinking through the monthit's really the drinking one i'm concerned about. in the last 7 months i've maybe gone 16 days total w/o a drink. i.e. the repetitive "KQ? donk" from tonight's skipaments.

that was iggy.and he is prob > 50k now.or busto again.:club:- Jordan
The first one. Sitting at around 55K, give or take. Had $900 at the start of December and $600 (including FPP value) at my very lowest point.Anyway, on to February Goals. (I figure I covered Jan. results in the January thread although FTR, I think my final Jan. total was +$30K.)1. Make a total of $20,000I'd set my goals higher, but I'm not sure how good the PLO games are going to be on Bodog this month. Ever since the depositing stuff got harder and Spackle lost most of his roll, the 5/10 PLO game's been pretty intermittent. If I have to move to Stars or to NLHE, it's going to be tough.2. Make $5,000 on my Vegas trip.I'm going to be in town from February 6th through the 13th, and I look forward to working on my live game at real stakes. Will definitely be playing 5/10 - 10/20 NLHE and 60/120 LHE and may take shots at higher limits if things go well. That's probably all that's important. Hand and hour goals are pretty arbitrary and I never know when I'm going to be switching games again. Hell, for all I know, Bodog could shut down as soon as the Super Bowl's over.

Jan sucked, big time, BR is down significantly.Made the switch to AP for Bonus/rakeback. Played alot of 1/2 limit and manged to clear $60 in bonus, and rakeback should be about $120. But that doesn't come close to making up the losses I suffered. After adding bonus and rakeback, I'm still down $200 ($750 deposit). Ran into a ton of coolers, it was frustrating. Sets losing to Straights or flushes, flushes/straights losing to boats, two pair losing to sets, out-kicked, etc. All the standard stuff, lol. However, I was playing 6-max and I think I was playing too many hands as well. It was tough to get into a full ring 1/2 limit game on AP.No biggie, I'm back to stars for the time being. Need to refine some limit skills were there are more games, then I can go back to AP and give it another shot.So, for this month, I really would like to get back to AP, ASAP. I don't like the thought of giving up the bonus/rakeback, bonus especially because it has a 60 day play out requirement. Since returning to Stars, my results are much better again. Not sure if the games are softer at stars, but either way I'm staying there for the next few days to try and recover the losses.Good luck, everyone.