I didnt see anyone claim the august goals. so mehMy july goals were met. I would have liked to play more, but i was too busy, lots of partying, and a move this past week.August i'll be playing more limit than no limit HE. still going with the Run to 10k. I'm 1790 shy. and still have 10 weeks left.GL all.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted my July goals in the other July Goal thread. I came 1.7k short of my 6k goal. I was lazy and didn't play as much as i should of though.Goals for August:$ - 6k - 8kbb/100 - 8bb/100ROI (HU sngs) - 12hours: 25 hours/weekGabe.

I didnt see anyone claim the august goals. so mehMy july goals were met. I would have liked to play more, but i was too busy, lots of partying, and a move this past week.August i'll be playing more limit than no limit HE. still going with the Run to 10k. I'm 1790 shy. and still have 10 weeks left.GL all.
I am going to try to play 0 online poker for August and enjoy the summer while it here. Also get my new found neteller money on Fulltilt, so I am ready come september :club:
I am going to try to play 0 online poker for August and enjoy the summer while it here. Also get my new found neteller money on Fulltilt, so I am ready come september :club:
You sound like my brother. He's taking the 'summer' off to enjoy it and play full time in winter. I think that's not a good idea. wait...do you play for a living? if not, then nvm, this doesn't apply. But if you do play pro, then you should keep to your schedule. I personally play 25hr/week and that means 5 hours per day. This also allows me to enjoy summer while still making $. Plus, I get weekends off to enjoy as well.
July Goals:1/ Get cash out of Mansion and into FullTilt2/ Play some goddamn poker for once. At least 15k hands.I don't know what to play though. Here are my options as I see them:MTT's9man SnGs6man SnGsHU SnGs6max NLHEHU NLHE6max LHE6max PLOHU PLOI like the idea of HU NLHE/PLO cash games, but I can multitable better if I'm playing full ring or 6max. MTT's are high variance so I think I'll keep those to one side and play them sporadically, and I think NLHE/PLO are better than LHE for me. Other than that, I'm clueless. Should I just mix and match whatever I feel like playing at any one time?
Ok. Right. Errm.1/ I'm waiting for a response from Mansion. No idea when I'll get my money.2/ I have played a *little* poker in July. Probably about 2k hands. Ish. It's a start.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August Goals1/ GET MONEY ONTO FULLTILT. I'm not even joking. I'm so goddamn lazy and I need to get organised.2/ Seriously, I'm going to play poker this month. I'm not just going to post here pretending like I know what I'm on about. I have NO reason, WHATSOEVER, not to sit down and play other than my own absurd apathy.That's it. Get money into FullTilt, play poker at FullTilt. My goals. No financial goals. I need smaller steps at first.I still don't know what to play though. NLHE or PLO 6max cash seems the most sensible I guess. I'll probably mix the two.

I still don't know what to play though. NLHE or PLO 6max cash seems the most sensible I guess. I'll probably mix the two.
I would suggest against that. At least don't play 2 PLO and 2 NLHE at the same time. It'll make you play worse in both, or at least it did for me. When multi-tabling, play the same game.Gabe.
I would suggest against that. At least don't play 2 PLO and 2 NLHE at the same time. It'll make you play worse in both, or at least it did for me. When multi-tabling, play the same game.Gabe.
Yeah, that's what I meant.I can remember at one point playing a table of $3/$6 stud, a table of $100PLO, a $100NLHE game and a NLHE MTT at once. I quickyly left the 7Stud table because I was getting unbelieveably confused. I then had to leave the PLO table as well because I'd called down with middle pair thinking it was holdem.
You sound like my brother. He's taking the 'summer' off to enjoy it and play full time in winter. I think that's not a good idea. wait...do you play for a living? if not, then nvm, this doesn't apply. But if you do play pro, then you should keep to your schedule. I personally play 25hr/week and that means 5 hours per day. This also allows me to enjoy summer while still making $. Plus, I get weekends off to enjoy as well.
no i don't play for a living... I have on and off, I don't think it is for me. I think i will forever be a part time player. Working on a poker table rental business these days.

August Goals1. Make money in Vegas. I'm totally going down there, so I'm just going to try to have a profitable trip. I actually have two goals for the trip. One being to make a profit, and the other being to avoid gambling where I don't have an edge. Poker's good, sport's betting's good if football's started up, and blackjack's good if I actually pay attention to the frigging count. No craps, no European roulette, and no chasing BJ losses when the count's against me though. Oh, and if I play BJ, I'm finding a dime table somewhere too. One of my problem's at the Wynn was that there would be a $100 minimum everywhere after about 6 PM and I'd just sit anyway. One time, I even sat a $300 min table to play double deck.2. Run my $700 online up to $8000. Yeah, sounds pretty ambitious, but I've already done the hard part (turning a $35 stake into $700 free and clear in less than 24 hours). Now I've got 14 buy-ins at 0.25/0.50 and I just need to run decently to make it the rest of the month. I did have some bills that were running me into the ground that shouldn't be a problem any more, so I'm hoping the reduced pressure will allow me to manage my bankroll better. I was going to move up to 0.5/1 at $1000, but now I'm thinking that's kind of stupid. Maybe I'll wait until $1500, I think that brings my overall ROR for making it to $8000 down to about the 25%-30% range.

Good News : I finished July up.Bad News : I tilted off 8 buyins at the last day of July.Good News : I still have 80 BI for my stakes.July:sssxz8.jpgAugust Goals :- Don't tilt- Move up to $100 max PLO- Don't tilt

July was good until I lost a shitload this past weekend, and am still running terribly. Except that right now I have a silly stack in the $5 rebuy (36k) after a half hour. So it's still July and I plan to take down this tourney and have a nice end to the month.

eh, july was meh, but that was more due to me only getting in 26K hands, which is pretty sad. I was down a bit at 3/6 over ~20K hands, but was up like 150 BBs at 5/10 over 6 or 7K hands, thank god for 5/10July goals:* play 40K hands- nope, missed it by 14K* work my roll so that I'm playing 5/10 SHLHE full time by the end of the month- eh, I could, but, I'll still divide time between 3/6 and 5/10 until I get my roll up to about 10K* try to maintain a winrate between 1.6-1.8 BB/100 at both 3/6 and 5/10- missed* make between 3-5K with winnings, rakeback, and bonii get factored in- almost did this even with my lack of getting in hands, ended up making almost 2600* start posting more hands and posting more in the strat sections- missed on this one too. my problem is that even when I do write down a hand of note, I end up not going through my HHs and pulling it outcurrent roll- $5,552.06 (FT: $2325 Stars: $3227)k, so my august goals are this:*get in 35K hands(this is a must for me)*work my roll for full time 5/10*stop making idiotic hero calldowns*earn between 4-7K counting RB+bonii (since I barely got in any play this past month, I have less rb coming in when I get paid, so this will be a lot more based on how much I win this month)*rack up 1K in rakeback from FT*get back to posting handscurrent roll- $8,141.06 (FT- 3,293.56 stars- 4847.5)

Bankroll @ start of July: $752-Pokerstars. $317-PartyPoker. $1069-TotalJuly goals:-Continue to play 50NL full ring, get in 20k hands and profit $500~ Profited $280 after 7k hands, didnt play much in the 2nd half of the month-Play MTT's on weekends and make the FT at least once Made about 7FT's in 4.40 sng's during a few days where I spammed them, didnt FT a big MTT-Continue to play $6 speed sng's on party poker, and work the BR there up to around $500 Played maybe 20~, didnt make any profit-Read HoH1Read half of it-Keep silverstar statusCheckCurrent Bankroll: $470-Pokerstars. $222-Party Poker. $692-TotalSo Im down $377, but I did spend $200 on a PXF subscription, so I'm really only down $177 which isnt too bad as this past week has been absolutely horrible for me. August Goals:-Continue to watch PXF videos daily-Play the $5, $10 and $3R tournaments daily-Play at least 12 9man $6 turbo sng's daily(and move up to $12 when BR permits)-Make the FT and cash for at least $500 in a tournament-Hopefully win a big tournamentProfit Goal: $700

Absolute::-- $392 ...(-2)Bodog::-- $466...(+110)PStars::--$496...(+139)FullTilt::--$58....(2- $26 Tokens) Totals: +$247 and 2 Tokes.My Bodog RB goes directly into my FT acct, so I'm gonna play $4 Sats and see how many tokes I can earn. Wish I thought of it sooner, I had $139 in there. Ran it down to $80 playing STOOPID MTT's when I came up with the idea.I keep saying this, but I neeeeed to start playing live at the underground club again and post some hands in NL strat. I bought a little notepad and intend to write down some hands, reads included. Once it gets cold again, I'll play there more.

July:I honestly don't even remember playing poker before this weekend.I wont my first MTT ever. Though it was only a $3.3 stud8 tourney for $120, but it's nice to finally win something after over 2 years. And I found a bunch of player points on Pokerroom and bought a $22 tourney ticket. Won a 10 man SNG with that and used that $100 to beat the 25PLO on there. Overall, it was my best weekend in a long time ending up about $350. August Goals:1. Post hands of in the Omaha forum with super deep stacks. I've been playing with 400+bb stacks and 2 people have me covered. Even though the players are awful, I'm still not really comfortable playing this deep. 2. Get PTO to work on Pokerroom.I'll post my monetary goals tomorrow, or tonight after I finish playing.

Goals for July were to play a lot and to play well. I only got in 50 hours, but I played well and had a 5k month.August goals are pretty much the same. I find it hard putting dollar or hour amounts because stuff comes up. We'll see, gl everyone.

2. Get PTO to work on Pokerroom.
there should be an add-on that you have to DL for Ongame sites. I had to do that for the PTH. just check around in the PTO forum at the PT site

Here is my JulyOhafoahwefohaei at 200nl this month so gross.JulyStats.jpgJulyOVERALL100nl.jpgJulyOVERALL200nl.jpgJullALLLIMITS.jpgJust finished month up with a 3k hand sesh. Basically broke even. Sigh. Overall good month...lost -1791.76$ in donkaments.+$6,037.76 (+2.2k more if we include my neteller withdraw which I'm taking out of the "roll" right away)i'll take it considering how dismal it was looking before this last week.gl in august.----Goals for august:play a lot, and run better at 200nl. Going to try and earn $5-8k this month in side games, am probably going to spend a bunch on donkaments, so just looking to sustain my roll at 35.5k for this month...any increase will be sexy. Also, at end of month I will probably need to withdraw like $3k, so basically goal is to keep roll > 30k throughout this month, and try if possible to get in the 42-45k range.Of course, I could win a donkament..and that's always a goal...so who knows.- Jordan

Made over 30k in july so that was pretty sweet.For aug i'd like to get back to really killing 2/4 and hopefully not drop 20k at turningstone during the 10 days im there. Money wise ill set my goal at 20k and hand wise id like to put in about 60k online.

July goals were to have fun and profit a couple of hundred. Mostly poker was fun and I made a profit so thats goodResultsJulysummary.png.5/1 was a horse game I played to blow some steam. I took some shots at nl25 and played bad ran mediocre. The last 50 is on the graph was nl25 buying in for 15 losing about 4 times. Felt like my bb/100 is low but I have multitabled more, MT ratio 2.85, true hourly rate $1.95, which is bad, but mostly affected by the nl25 results I think. I think I may have tightened up too much, but thats what happens when you become a multitabler i guess, when playing 6 tables its hard to get out of line. My first ever graph posted.Julygraph.pngBonus: Became Silverstar again. :club: haven't done that for like 8 months.June Goals: move up to nl25 dammit. As I said unsuccessful shots were taken but gar, nl10 is taking forever to move past. The problem is doubly hard as nl25 is 2.5x bigger rather than 2x. I don't think I'll feel comfortable moving up with less than $650, so thats a profit of $150 needed in the first few weeks, which is doable i think. Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from there, the eventual goal is to get to 1/2. I probably won't start to cash out till nl100, and regular cashouts won't happen till nl200. Also when this happens I'll get rakeback on fulltilt and split my play up a little, but at the moment I'm happy with stars especially If I can move up. If I move to nl25 within the first week, I will also set the goal of becoming goldstar.Edit: started playing sunday $100 grand sats to build up $T so that I can work on my tourney game cheaply. Goal there is just to make some money from tourneys/satellites.

My August goal will be the same for the rest of the year I think.Play only PLO8 and stud8, and get as much in as I can.Monetary goal not being set but maybe 5K per month or so.

July : My only goal was to move up to 2/4 successfully, right now I've played 4k hands and it's gone ok, up about 3 BIs.August:Starting Bankrolls:FTP - $2900Stars - $11900- 10k hands at 2/4 (Will be tough considering I will be dropping down to 1/2 if my online roll drops under 10k)- Profit in the 2 TS Donkaments I will be playing in August- Profit in the live cash games at TS- Have 25k to my name before school starts (I have about 16.5k total)

July sucked. I ran twice as cold as any other player online. :club: Goals for July:*play 25,000 hands worked a lot a only got in 13k*play longer sessions still sucked at this*make $5k+ ran terribly, played a little bit worse. 731.jpgAugust:I'll be out of the country a good part of the month. So not planing on playing a whole lot of poker.No goals.