Phil Ivey Press Release On Facebook

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-...023/index7.htmlRe: Phil Ivey Releases StatementTo whoever copied the statement from his Facebook. You have posted it backwards:For many years, I have been proud to call myself a poker player. This great sport has taken me to places I only imagined going and I have been blessed with much success. It is therefore with deep regret that I believe I am compelled to release the following statement.I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed that Full Tilt players have not been paid money they are owed. I am equally embarrassed that as a result many players cannot compete in tournaments and have suffered economic harm.I am not playing in the World Series of Poker as I do not believe it is fair that I compete when others cannot. I am doing everything I can to seek a solution to the problem as quickly as possible.My name and reputation have been dragged through the mud, through the inactivity and indecision of others and on behalf of all poker players I refuse to remain silent any longer. I have electronically filed a lawsuit against Tiltware related to the unsettled player accounts. As I am sure the public can imagine, this was not an easy decision for me.I wholeheartedly refuse to accept non-action as to repayment of players funds and I am angered that people who have supported me throughout my career have been treated so poorly.I sincerely hope this statement will ignite those capable of resolving the problems into immediate action and would like to clarify that until a solution is reached that cements the security of all players, both US and International, I will, as I have for the last six weeks, dedicate the entirety of my time and efforts to finding a solution for those who have been wronged by the painfully slow process of repayment. twitter: Wicked Chops PokerBreaking: Phil Ivey Facebook message confirmed real. Post coming shortly... wow wtg Phil ,
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, an update from Pokernews related to another Full Tilt Pro. I hope we hear more players standing up to Full Tilt, it is such a big joke...Security!Posted 3 minutes ago by EricRamsey • Level 10John JuandaJohn JuandaWell, we've had our first real drama of the summer.James Bord was dispensed by David "Bakes" Baker a few minutes ago to end his day early, but he lurked around long enough for John Juanda to win his match at another table. From what we gather, Bord had made a comment earlier in the day, and Juanda waited until his match was over to continue the conversation. When he asked Bord what the problem was, the Brit went off.It all happened right near our desk, and it was Bord doing most of the yelling. We heard, "You're a thieving prick," "you're a disgrace", and "you're a fake and disgusting human being," among other things. Juanda was trying to get a word in edgewise, but Bord wasn't giving him space. Finally, the words came that ended the altercation. "If I see you in the parking lot, I'm going to beat your ass," Bord announced."Floor!" Juanda called, and both the floor staff and security were there immediately. The two men had to be separated, and the staff members took both men out of the room to settle the problem in a more appropriate spot.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/

I support Phil fully wtg, bold and smart move :club::ts:4h:5c:3h:qh:jh:D

I wonder if they are making ftp pros wear the patches? I'm just saying if I'm a high stakes player with a mil locked up on full tilt I'm going to want to punch someone in the face... especially someone draped in full tilt gear. I looked at the photos and Juanda and all the pros are wearing the logos.

Daniel, does Ivey have any lingering multi year bracelet bets? If so how is this being handled? Is he forfeiting the bets if he cant play this summer?

I wonder if they are making ftp pros wear the patches? I'm just saying if I'm a high stakes player with a mil locked up on full tilt I'm going to want to punch someone in the face... especially someone draped in full tilt gear. I looked at the photos and Juanda and all the pros are wearing the logos.
Dwan was not wearing a tilt patch today.

I am glad Phil Ivey is standing up for me and everyone that has played at that site. I will be damned if I am not given back my 12.38 that I still have on that site! I worked damn hard for that money! DAMN HARD I TELL YOU!

Wow, glad Ivey is standing up for what he believes is right.Feel bad for anyone that picked him in the highroller fantasy drafts.

It's good to have him in our corner but don't think his motives are based on doing what's best for people like us.
I don't think his motives are solely based on personal interests either.
Meanwhile, an update from Pokernews related to another Full Tilt Pro. I hope we hear more players standing up to Full Tilt, it is such a big joke...Security!Posted 3 minutes ago by EricRamsey • Level 10John JuandaJohn JuandaWell, we've had our first real drama of the summer.James Bord was dispensed by David "Bakes" Baker a few minutes ago to end his day early, but he lurked around long enough for John Juanda to win his match at another table. From what we gather, Bord had made a comment earlier in the day, and Juanda waited until his match was over to continue the conversation. When he asked Bord what the problem was, the Brit went off.It all happened right near our desk, and it was Bord doing most of the yelling. We heard, "You're a thieving prick," "you're a disgrace", and "you're a fake and disgusting human being," among other things. Juanda was trying to get a word in edgewise, but Bord wasn't giving him space. Finally, the words came that ended the altercation. "If I see you in the parking lot, I'm going to beat your ass," Bord announced."Floor!" Juanda called, and both the floor staff and security were there immediately. The two men had to be separated, and the staff members took both men out of the room to settle the problem in a more appropriate spot.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/
This is more likely a personal dispute between Juanda and Bord than anything to do with Full Tilt.Bord is seriously rich and has done a lot of gambling in Macau and Asia and I would bet this relates to some dispute between Juanda and Bord that started over there.

Lol ridiculous day for poker news. Nick rainey dropped a few bombs about PA and degenyamine on the pokercast. Benyamine apparently 4m in debt with ftp via a random rogue employee. Should be a fun and exciting wsop!

they are going to replay Daniel's soonhttp://www.quadjacks.com/radio/

It's good to have him in our corner but don't think his motives are based on doing what's best for people like us.
I couldn't agree more. He's suing. Not just sitting out the series. There's a lot more going on that the general public doesn't know about. (Yet)I think he's got gobs of money tied up on the site and can't get at it. Not slagging on the guy but he's thinking about his interests above the general public. (again nothing wrong with that)