4027 replies to this topic

#4021 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

this has nothing to do with right or wrong, with the possible exception of the Clintons we all will agree rape is wrong...it is about believable and reasonable.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#4022 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

View Postscuudagouch, on 15 November 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

I man just think those poor girls you are referring to were afraid to public before households had computers, before AOL, before the internet was public knowledge...so for roughly 20 years they waited til Al Gore developed the "interweb" and then after 20 MORE years of soul searching they decided now...now is the safe time to bring up these charges....

A couple years ago, in the midst of yet another abortion debate the Republicans trotted out the line that if the woman is raped and gets pregnant then it wasn't a "really rape" because "the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
https://www.theatlan...egnancy/261303/

Don't need internet for that kind of ignorance and victim shaming.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#4023 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

I agree these were stupid comments but you don't want to compare stupid comments made by party do you? ...and this changes nothing about this story being believable.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#4024 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

View Postscuudagouch, on 16 November 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

I agree these were stupid comments but you don't want to compare stupid comments made by party do you? ...and this changes nothing about this story being believable.

Well that would be one giant can of worms given our differing positions on most issues.

"The thing is, his comments were hardly some kind never-before-heard gaffe. Arguments like his have cropped up again and again on the right over the past quarter century and the idea that trauma is a form of birth control continues to be promulgated by anti-abortion forces that seek to outlaw all abortions, even in cases of rape or incest. The push for a no-exceptions anti-abortion policy has for decades gone hand in hand with efforts to downplay the frequency with which rape- or incest-related pregnancies occur, and even to deny that they happen, at all. In other words, it's not just Akin singing this tune."

If you truly believe abortion = murder in every case then why even have these stupid fake science arguments; murder should trump them all.

#4025 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

The firm that will now be handling security matters at the U.S. embassy in Moscow is a Russian firm, linked not just to Russian intelligence, but specifically to Vladimir Putin's former colleague in the KGB, who rose to run counterintelligence for the Soviet Union.
And at this point in the story, I would usually make some joke about, hey, why not just hand them the keys? But literally, they're going to be running security at the embassy, so they are going to have the keys!

Again, a no-bid contract, awarded by the State Department under Rex Tillerson.

:icon_think:

#4026 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,322 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostFenxis, on 15 November 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

"the Republicans trotted out the line"

lol. Totally. That was definitely "The Republicans".

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#4027 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 17 November 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

You had no problems merging Democrats, libtards, snowflakes, etc previously so I am completely *shocked*, I tell ya, by your response. /s

#4028 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,292 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 17 November 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Classic Brvy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users