Who Is Interested In An Ahl Team?

As some of you may know, a rival league started up and we lost about 5 owners that we need to replace for this season. There will be $10,000 added to the prize pool this year, and that money will be spread out so that most everyone will get a piece of it. If you are interested, and from the Toronto area, say so in this thread.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This disheartens me because I've been trying to get into one of the spin off leagues for a bit and this just opens up, but seeing as I'm not close to Toronto and cannot guarantee being at the draft, it's likely that I shouldn't even be considered because I know how imperative being at the draft is. Quite a bit rough, just seeing all these open spots is all I suppose.

Here is who we have confirmed so far and people that have interest:Arpiar -----MapleLeafspoker.....ConfirmedZach.........The Zach------------ConfirmedAdam-------While Adam lives in Upstate new york he has said he can make itOttawa Biatch.....Dan lives in Ottawa but will be here for the draft(right Dan)J.P.-----------------John is a good friend of ours for a long time, and Daniel has said ok to himJohn Untilted------John lives in New York, but is willing to travel to Toronto once a yearI strongly support all of these people as I have known them personally and can vouch for their character and integrity.I am not sure how many spots we have left but these are the people that will be good additions IMO.The one thing we need to clear up is who will get what team and how this will be determined. The only issue I have is its not fair for a "newcomer" to come in to the league and automatically have a better team than most.I would like to see the existing teams dissolved and the players all become free agents. Existing teams get a crack in order from worst to first.While this maybe be complicated i think its fair...While I love all the guys that are coming into the league, I think its not fair if Zach(for example) has a better team than a guy that has been in the league 3 or 5 years.Just my two cents.

Here is who we have confirmed so far and people that have interest:Arpiar -----MapleLeafspoker.....ConfirmedZach.........The Zach------------ConfirmedAdam-------While Adam lives in Upstate new york he has said he can make itOttawa Biatch.....Dan lives in Ottawa but will be here for the draft(right Dan)J.P.-----------------John is a good friend of ours for a long time, and Daniel has said ok to himJohn Untilted------John lives in New York, but is willing to travel to Toronto once a yearI strongly support all of these people as I have known them personally and can vouch for their character and integrity.I am not sure how many spots we have left but these are the people that will be good additions IMO.The one thing we need to clear up is who will get what team and how this will be determined. The only issue I have is its not fair for a "newcomer" to come in to the league and automatically have a better team than most.I would like to see the existing teams dissolved and the players all become free agents. Existing teams get a crack in order from worst to first.While this maybe be complicated i think its fair...While I love all the guys that are coming into the league, I think its not fair if Zach(for example) has a better team than a guy that has been in the league 3 or 5 years.Just my two cents.
I think it's already been decided that the new owners will get the available teams and which teams they get will be done by a random draw. They will have all the same draft picks, money etc that those teams had.To do anything else just isn't practical and I think this is the most fair way to be honest.Anybody who Serge hasn't mentioned who is interested should let their interest be known. Serge's list is not definitive but pretty safe to say that Zach, Arp and J.P. will have teams and Gruven if he can confirm that he is covered for the draft but will have to confirm that pretty soon I would think as the decisions will have to be made very quickly.

I appreciate the support and I'm definitely interested, but I cannot guarantee that I can make a live draft this year. If that's a #1 priority for new owners, then I wouldn't be your best choice.That said, I would absolutely love a team and consider myself to be an exceptionally dedicated fantasy GM.

In cases of expansion, new teams come in with nothing. However, that's not the case here. We are not adding new teams or expanding. Existing teams will simply be changing owners and the new owners will simply take over an existing team. Once we have the final list of owners, I think it's 6? I'll throw all 6 teams in a hat and match them with a new owner. The day we get all 6 confirmed is the day you'll all know what team you are taking over.

In cases of expansion, new teams come in with nothing. However, that's not the case here. We are not adding new teams or expanding. Existing teams will simply be changing owners and the new owners will simply take over an existing team.Once we have the final list of owners, I think it's 6? I'll throw all 6 teams in a hat and match them with a new owner. The day we get all 6 confirmed is the day you'll all know what team you are taking over.
i still think there should be some sort of handicap/obstacle for the new owners, or some sort of reward for the existing ones.
i still think there should be some sort of handicap/obstacle for the new owners, or some sort of reward for the existing ones.
you're right serge, $10,000 isn't enoughdaniel, don't be so greedy. up it to 15.
translation: I've run my team into the ground and need a bail-out!!!
I live 30 mins from Toronto and can make the draft date. I'd be interested.
Just thought I'd mention this person was co-commish in the first year, and 2-time FCHL champ. Not that my word means a lot, but he would be an exceptional choice.This would be lots of fun, but I would not be able to regularly make the draft. Too bad.